NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

This is super good. If memory serves this sort of tastes like 14 BCS.

Last edited:
Be careful on that root beer stuff. One sixer to try and never again. Calorie count is sugar rich. Almost un beer like. Forgot what they said. But into the 400 range on sugar grams alone.

Meyer23, tracking spending on beer? Yes. I'm a total wine 'reward' member. Not good lol. If not for this sort of hobby, we know it would go somewhere else. I actually don't hoard much. I think I'll sit on some local bba imperial stout for awhile, 2 bombers of that. Some 2015 bcbs. My oldest is a bottle of bba old rasputin from last year. Not sure how long backwoods and fbs sit for. I think I want to do a pre Christmas sampling. Prairie bomb, parabola, lagunitas high westy, and maybe '15 bcbs. In total, i have maybe 8 total bottles saved. There are worse hoarders out there. 5-6 years worth of vintage seasonal release hoarders.

I just opened a 2013 kriek. Sour ale aged in Oak barrels with cherries aged. Maybe my most expensive purchase ever. About $1/ounce. It was great but you sorta do wonder what it's all for.

Last edited:
Quick
Was introduced to these Yesterday :smokin

How new is this beer? Everyone is telling me how crazy this beer doesn't even taste like beer and tastes like root neer. Can someone confirm this? Do you really get a buzz :lol:

Long story short, PBR bought the recipe/the company who had originally made this back in May or June of this year I believe. Story goes, the original brewery had been making it out of their tiny brewery for a couple years prior to them "hitting it big". So when PBR buys them up, it's pretty much instant distribution nationally OVERNIGHT.

There are many skeptics about if it is actually a beer, or more along the lines of what a mikes hard lemonade is, a malternative beverage.

Quite a few hard root beers tend to taste too herbal or spicy. Those may be actually trying to make it the right way. This NYFRB stuff lends itself to being an artifical extract sort of variety.

But no matter what, it's technically a "beer" consisting of unknown water, malts, hops, and yeast quantities.

There are other higher ABV versions too.

Sam Adams is backing the Coney Island brand, if you see that around anywhere.

IMHO, it's pretty much a vodka spirit based drink with artifical root beer. The fact they call it a beer is the main selling point to "craft" beer fans.

Link here:
http://www.joesixpack.net/2015/07/02/the-story-behind-not-your-fathers-root-beer/
TL;DR
Their copyright is registered by Phusion, the same people that do Four Loko. They also brew this stuff in a facility that also brews Mikes Hard Lemonade and Smirnoff Ice...
"These drinks, which are not generally regarded as real beer, are fermented from grains and sugar, then stripped down to their essential taste-free alcohol and reflavored artificially."

If you like it, you like it. I think people stopped digging around and hope they are a one and doner, or stay in the Mikes Hard Lemonade category.

Last edited:
Both Root Beers are too sugary.

I happened to find a can of thier Ginger Ale in Total Wine

and it taste like a regular *** Canada Dry with alcohol and more sugar.

Like I said the Coney Island Root Beer is also too sugary and has a nasty weird sugar free type after taste.

If you care about your figure I would avoid both root beers.

And yes a six pack of those Root Beers will indeed get you drunk and you'll most likely wake up with a horrible hangover from all that sugar.

On a brighter note NYFRB is absolutely delicious when it comes to Root Beer flavor compared to A&W or Bargs.

Its really how Root Beer should taste.

Last edited:
Both Root Beers are too sugary.

I happened to find a can of thier Ginger Ale in Total Wine
and it taste like a regular *** Canada Dry with alcohol and more sugar.
Like I said the Coney Island Root Beer is also too sugary and has a nasty weird sugar free type after taste.
If you care about your figure I would avoid both root beers.
And yes a six pack of those Root Beers will indeed get you drunk and you'll most likely wake up with a horrible hangover from all that sugar.

On a brighter note NYFRB is absolutely delicious when it comes to Root Beer flavor compared to A&W or Bargs.
Its really how Root Beer should taste.

Username to post ratio is unmatched!

First bcbs of the season. Pretty delicious. One of my favorite barrel aged offerings besides Black Tuesday and all the varients. Price was a bit high considering the restaurant but it's well worth it.

Meyer23, tracking spending on beer? Yes. I'm a total wine 'reward' member. Not good lol. If not for this sort of hobby, we know it would go somewhere else. I actually don't hoard much. I think I'll sit on some local bba imperial stout for awhile, 2 bombers of that. Some 2015 bcbs. My oldest is a bottle of bba old rasputin from last year. Not sure how long backwoods and fbs sit for. I think I want to do a pre Christmas sampling. Prairie bomb, parabola, lagunitas high westy, and maybe '15 bcbs. In total, i have maybe 8 total bottles saved. There are worse hoarders out there. 5-6 years worth of vintage seasonal release hoarders.

I just opened a 2013 kriek. Sour ale aged in Oak barrels with cherries aged. Maybe my most expensive purchase ever. About $1/ounce. It was great but you sorta do wonder what it's all for.

I wish we had a total wine around here. Then again, maybe I don't :lol:

I don't really age anything but for example I have a couple 4 packs of backwoods bastard and 3 6ers of Xoco. Quiet a bit of stuff from Revolution, some Firestone, etc but I really need to drink the stuff before I buy more but I don't.

It's not a ton but enough.

Last edited:
walked in to green's on ponce de leon and copped a 6 pack of xoceveza like it was nothing, i'll finally get to see what all the hype is about later after work.

Just as death by coconut has that underlying coconut flavor *not artifical btw, Xocoveza is that mexican hot chocolate blend the SW and So Cal has been doing for decades. It's love or hate for most that I have had try it. Vanilla, Nutmeg, cocoa, peppers, cinnamon, and coffee combine for quite the unique mix. The stout base is quite thin. Think of a milk stout type beer, with all these spices added.

I actually blended some Founders Breakfast Stout and Stone Xocoveza (half pour of each into a glass). Ridiculous :smokin

Trilluminated, Stone brewings website has a "find stone beer" tracker type map thing set up, where you enter your zipcode. You can filter by beer.. Looking online, there are some states that still don't have it yet. It was bottled in 11/12, and set for a continental release of 11/16. Looking at the footprint map, GA is looking like they'll get it. I would find some local stores FB or Twitter pages, and see what they are saying. It looks like you got some. Not sure if its that one place etc. I guess youll figure it out after a sixer if you need more lol. And that app/page isnt quite up to date, even for my area. I guess you just never know...

Last edited:
I'll have to try the breakfast stout/Xoco mix, that slings good, man!

This is pretty solid.

Back
Top Bottom