NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

How's it tasting? 14 month old was a bit stale (had a bomber of 2014 when 2015 released). We're looking at 7 months now, right? Age wise.

Gotta say, so many places in town taking advantage of this craft beer boom. Lots of nice draft choices but dropping $5-7 for normal pints is truly getting old. Package game I am all over. That's the future fellas

I just picked up that Brown Note last weekend in VA. Along with a Sho'Nuff from the same brewery. I'm not a huge fan of brown ales or belgians, but the dude at the bottle shop was adamant that I try them, so I bought a can of each.

Cheers!

Let me know what you think of it when you have it.

I really enjoyed it. Definitely one of my favorite brown ales now. Not complex, but being a malt guy it gave me everything I wanted. Nice medium body as well.

The Ellie on the other hand was bad. It had the same lingering sour tangy aftertaste that I experienced with Bell's brown ale. What is this, esters? Was tempted to pour it down the drain.

Mangudai954, being in a rut sucks. I try to switch it up with massive variety. Many of the same favorites, but always something new.

Indeed. Might be time to try those tripels ive been meaning to get, and revisit the pilsner styles.

Last edited:
2vtxeo0.jpg

How's it tasting? 14 month old was a bit stale (had a bomber of 2014 when 2015 released). We're looking at 7 months now, right? Age wise.

Gotta say, so many places in town taking advantage of this craft beer boom. Lots of nice draft choices but dropping $5-7 for normal pints is truly getting old. Package game I am all over. That's the future fellas

Mine was bottled on 12/21 sojust shy of 6 months. Still very good. Most of the flavors are still there, i think the pepper flavor dropped off a bit.

Tomorrow is my type of release:

Green Diamonds, a session IPA, and a hoppy kolsch with a case limit on each?  Count me in. If Small Green Everything is anything like Baby Diamonds and if Boogie Board Stuntz is anything like Lime Green Galaxies, this is gonna be a great release.

Last edited:

Green Diamonds, a session IPA, and a hoppy kolsch with a case limit on each?  Count me in. If Small Green Everything is anything like Baby Diamonds and if Boogie Board Stuntz is anything like Lime Green Galaxies, this is gonna be a great release.

You ever trade?? If so, be happy to work something out with you.

You ever trade?? If so, be happy to work something out with you.
I've traded a lot in the past.  I still do it here and there, but I tend to avoid it unless someone has something I really really want.  Shipping costs are no joke. 

Today's recap:

Went to Other Half this morning for cans, but when I came home I found out Hill Farmstead Double Galaxy was on tap right down the road from me.  Had to give it its day in court:

This lived up to the hype and then some.  Straight pineapple juice.  So happy to be seeing Hill Farmstead kegs around here regularly.

Anywho...onto the Other Half cans.  Here's first pick:

This is another one that exceeded my expectations.  Just hoppy enough to keep it interesting, but still more of a kolsch than an IPA. I think the name of this beer is a reference to Big Body Bes' part in this song:

Round 2:

Exactly what you think it would be.  Same hop bill as All Green Everything, just scaled back.  Awesome beer.  I prefer Baby Diamonds to this, but this is still one of the best session IPAs I've ever had.

Round 3:

Glad to be reunited with an old favorite.  Just as good as I remembered.  Glad I got the full case.

Breakdown is as follows: Green Diamonds>Boogie Board Stuntz>Small Green Everything.  There are no losers in this match, though.

Cheers, NT!
nthat.gif

^Nice. As far as crowds, would you say most of them drink what they get, or use as trade bait (not sure if you overhear things or actually participate in lines)? That's why I like seeing your posts. You drink what you buy ASAP. I know the whole NY area scene is just soo new. Do you find a lot of uneducated hypebeasts sorta ruining things? I'll be out there in two months or so. Not sure what to expect. I may just need to stumble into a bar with a huge tap list and have it at vs. waiting in line (on my vacation) for cans of beer with family in tow. It'd be like everyone waiting in line at disney land, and only I get to ride the rides ( I'm truly the only hardcore IPA type of hoppy beer drinker in my family).

For my area, I see many walk in and instantly buy two cases of new release bombers. Some to trade, some for friends. Rarely do I see them sit down and drink the product.

Good stuff non the less.

fyi, New Belgium fat tire and friends definitely worth the $13/12 pack price. Having six diff. fat tires was nice. My favorite was the hoppy ale. Sort of a light onion hoppy vibe. The funk and wild had just enough funk to differentiate it from the others.

Just got back from a trip home to Mass. Lots of Trillium, Other Half, Night Shift and Jacks Abbey. Also spent a few days on Nantucket so I put back plenty of Cisco. They have a great brewery/distillery/vineyard hippy combine but the beers leave much to be desired.

Had an early lunch at Row 34 before getting bottles at Trillium (they always have Trillium and a great raw bar) but I lucked out and they had a few Other Haf and Grimm brews on draft.

Anyways, sipping on these today.

I noticed a few Other Half trucks outside the brewery and they confirmed on IG. A collab is in the works.

Last edited:
^Nice. As far as crowds, would you say most of them drink what they get, or use as trade bait (not sure if you overhear things or actually participate in lines)? That's why I like seeing your posts. You drink what you buy ASAP. I know the whole NY area scene is just soo new. Do you find a lot of uneducated hypebeasts sorta ruining things? I'll be out there in two months or so. Not sure what to expect. I may just need to stumble into a bar with a huge tap list and have it at vs. waiting in line (on my vacation) for cans of beer with family in tow. It'd be like everyone waiting in line at disney land, and only I get to ride the rides ( I'm truly the only hardcore IPA type of hoppy beer drinker in my family).

For my area, I see many walk in and instantly buy two cases of new release bombers. Some to trade, some for friends. Rarely do I see them sit down and drink the product.

Good stuff non the less.
Yep.  It's gonna be Trillium's first attempt at canning, to boot.  If they start doing can releases regularly it's gonna be a wrap.

The beer section was a mess at TW, guess they're rearranging the whole section. Really looking forward to the tripel.

not a bad ipa, tasted a lot of honey but Eviltwin is better at stouts. I haven't seen Yin around which sucks cause I wanted to try making that black and tan

Did anyone pick up Trillikini yesterday?

A friend of mine got some but I won't have it until Friday.

Heard good things so far but was wondering if anyone else had some input.

Did anyone pick up Trillikini yesterday?
A friend of mine got some but I won't have it until Friday.
Heard good things so far but was wondering if anyone else had some input.

A buddy of mine picked some up and said its quite nice and extremely fresh (not surprised). canned and cracked the same day. Very jealous but looking forward to getting some in the mail.

A buddy of mine picked some up and said its quite nice and extremely fresh (not surprised). canned and cracked the same day. Very jealous but looking forward to getting some in the mail.
Nice... I'm really looking forward to it

3.3% IPA from Trillium sounds like a perfect summer brew

Also the fact that its in cans makes it all the better

Had the La Fin Du Monde. It was cool, it tasted like a more complex, boozier hoegaarden to me. Wasn't that into it.

Back
Top Bottom