NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Holy **** is amazing. I really wish I could try Black Tuesday.

Haven't been here in a while. Figured I'd share a few recent pickups and tries:

Really enjoyed this one. Picked up a couple of 4-packs. It's one of my favorite northeast-style doubles. Exhibit A out of Framingham is solid.

This is another one from Exhibit A: Imperial Stout that drinks really easy and pretty much puts me to sleep each time I have it.

Last Trillium Haul was these 3: Mettle and Vicinity are both solid. Secret Stairs is good as well, although I prefer Sunday Paper or something more along the lines of FBS.

A coworker brought this back from a trip to Philly and it was really solid. Very smooth and balanced

Would definitely go for this one again. Reminds me of Trilliums Sleeper Street

My boss was kind enough to share one of his cans of Sip of Sunshine from a recent MA release. A few kegs have popped up at some bars around Boston but they never last long. I was lucky enough to have it on tap a few weeks ago. Easily in my top 3:

Super Session 2, and Aeronauts Pilsner, both also courtesy of my boss. One of the better sessions I've had pretty much ever. I still prefer Sip of Sunshine but these were both good.

I'm not one for wheat beers but one of my employees was swearing by this so I tried it out. Not bad. Would make for a nice summer drink:

Went to Nightshift last weekend and grabbed a few different cans, Including Victory Lap that I'm drinking right now. Tastes like an Almond Joy. Pretty damn good. My friend went all-in on a case:

http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/2353914/width/200/height/400[/IMG}
[IMG]http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/2353917/width/200/height/400

tried the last 5 most recents cans from aslin brewing and was very impressed, going to trade for some more soon.
Treehouse 31 and bright with nelson were great as expected
Jream is a beer that any chick will like IMO, like candy juice
After 4 growlers of FOAM brewing.. im not completely convinced on their best break out brewery in the world award
Finback makes good beer but its a step behind the other nyc breweries
I went to the Prison City taps on at torst on tuesday, they blew FOAM away IMO, I had all 6 beers they had on tap and they were all impressive

Last edited:
panaricanretro panaricanretro , I was pretty excited when Lawsons announced they were starting to distribute to us in MA. my first time having it was a few months ago and I was very impressed. I prefer it over heady topper honestly. Drinkability of SoS and SS#2 is easily 10/10 imo.
I was also at Night shift last weekend on Saturday. Ending leaving with some more Bennington and Morph. Now that I think about it, whirlpool and SoS are very similar...might have to do a side by side comparison soon.

Yeah I grabbed Morph and 87 along with the Victory Lap at Nightshift. I also prefer Lawson's SOS over heady, I think it's kind of tied with Dinner as my fav IPA at the moment but so much keeps constantly releasing and so many factors like freshness and whatnot come into play.

I love trading in line at other half, way better than shipping for many reasons but the best is when you get day old beer from another state, almost impossible to get it that fresh without paying extra shipping cost

Starting off with substance from bissel brothers, delicious in every way, stands out from other NE IPAs but I prefer reciprocal from bissel, have yet to try swish

Last edited:
Went to a cask ale fest yesterday (cask ales are basically naturally carbonated (flatish) beers served at or near room temp. The stouts shined, and the IPAs seemed to have a softer mouthfeel nearing NE hazy levels.. There were a couple low ABV beers that were interesting. The style orginated in Europe I believe. No one had a basic English Mild though :smh:. Without the Co2 bite, the flavors tend to shine in all aspects (good and bad).

One of the cask beers was a Mosaic Lupulin powder IPA. That was easily my winner. What is normally a pretty clear beer, the powder made it quite hazy.

In other non local news, Anderson Valley Brewing has a new GOSE out. Its a G&T Gose. Gin & Tonic sort of mixture. I was surprised I loved it so much. It has a lemony sort of minty vibe but its never overpowering . SEEK IT OUT!

I don't know what to think of this. I can't stand hoppy beers but this isn't really hoppy but has a hoppy taste? I'm okay with it....it's outta my element, really.

In other non local news, Anderson Valley Brewing has a new GOSE out. Its a G&T Gose. Gin & Tonic sort of mixture. I was surprised I loved it so much. It has a lemony sort of minty vibe but its never overpowering . SEEK IT OUT!

Gin is rough but you can bet your *** I'll look for this! :lol:

I had a beer two years ago Aged in Gin barrels/caskets that I surprisingly enjoyed but never could remember what it was. By the time I had it, I was a bit tipsy.

Last edited:

Im a big fan of Nelson hops so I thought bright with Nelson was my favorite tree house beer but this Citra is on another level, hard to believe only Citra was used since it's way more dynamic than other Citra hop beers, gotta be that treehouse malts and yeast doing their thing

Last edited:
Well I missed the first run about 2 weeks back. Glad to see it back

EddyLine River Runner Pale Ale

GABF gold and WBC silver behind this beer.

Totally lived up to those levels. BA score is a modest 91 with minimal reviews

not my photo
P1050050.jpg

Its such a clean tasting slightly grassy slightly sweet no frills pale ale. Its sweet in a non malt sort of way if that makes sense. it tastes sweet without feeling like its the malts overpowering the beer. It finshes clean and dry (like a sculpin) so the sweetness almost feels like its coming from the hops in a juicy sort of way. I think I found my new summer beer. First brewery Ive seen six pack of 16 oz cans.. I LOVE IT!

To compare, I also bought some of their EPIC DAY DIPA. That one is on a hoptimum type of malt level (DFH 90min even). Just huge sweetness. The River Runner blew me away and I think Im officially done with any IPA or DIPA over 9%. EPIC day tends to rate better, but I would have to go opposite.

Last edited:
It's always nice to have coworkers that are into beers. Brought me back a growler of Galaxy Crush (NE style pale ale single hopped with galaxy) from Moonraker. Moonraker has been killing it as of late with their NE style hoppy beers and this one did not disappoint. Super juicy and tropical with a nice bitterness at the finish.

Haven't really been making my presence known in this thread as of late.  Been sitting out for the last few Other Half releases in order to whittle down my stash a bit.  Here's what I've been up to over the past few weeks:

Other Half Simcoe+Galaxy:

The winners of the bunch were Sand City Washed Up, Sand City Power of ONE, OH/Industrial Arts Nummy Nug Nug, and OH Simcoe+Galaxy.  The Tree House beers were very good, but nothing that really made me excited to trade for more of their stuff.  Hype for their beers has gotten to the point where it's almost impossible for expectations to meet reality.  OH Citra+Motueka was a dud.  Didn't taste horrible, but there was definitely something up with those cans.  Significantly darker in color than any other OH IPA I've ever had.  

Had the day off from work today and stumbled upon one of the best beers I've had in quite some time:

First beer I've had from Equilibrium.  This is Fractal Citra. 6.8% IPA.  They're a new brewery from NY.  Apparently they were started by a bunch of former MIT students that got into brewing beer.  If this beer is any indication of what they're regularly capable of then the bar has been raised even higher.  This is straight tropical fruit juice.  Minimal bitterness with a perfectly creamy finish.  People on BeerAdvocate have gone as far as saying that their beers compete with Tree House, but honestly I would take this beer over anything I've ever had from Tree House.  Insane stuff.  Very excited to get my hands on more of their beers.  

Cheers, NT.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom