NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

^Nice! Today's haul :D

IMG_4077.jpg

IMG_1453.JPG
Scored one bottle of cbs. Waiting until Christmas to open it. Local shop sold out of 7 cases in an hour. It better be impressive lol.

Last edited:
Was able to score two bottles of cbs. Couldn't resist. Opened one tonight.

Huge chocolate notes initially. Maple syrup, bourbon, char, and coffee all play and blend together nicely. I kept expectations low and found it to be one of the best stouts I've ever had. But I've been having a lot of those moments lately. So maybe that doesn't mean much anymore.

Lightish on the bourbon element. Hard to find it exclusively through all those other flavors. If you can get past that, you should enjoy it immensely.

Dont age it too long. Coffee elements will fade by spring imho.

Damn...I feel left out haha.

Fortunately the drop on Long Island is tomorrow and I happen to be off. Hoping to snag 2 for myself.

Format is terrible. As someone who tends to drink to end an evening alone, this was all I needed for the evening.

Overseas is getting the 12 oz bottles since they aren't used to bombers. We're some gullible suckers

Even with BCBS, I used to love that I got 4-6 unique experiences. All caught different flavor notes. Now I'm stuck with 1-2 total for a whole year. Parabola, KBS, black note, high westy, all have been 4-12 different sessions worth. I feel I strive for those more more than this one and done moment with CBS. Amazing Stout but it doesn't mean much when your experiences are cut short due to corporate decisions. Would've loved this in a 4x12oz pack. But founders is making almost double by going with the bigger bomber.

Format is terrible. As someone who tends to drink to end an evening alone, this was all I needed for the evening.

Overseas is getting the 12 oz bottles since they aren't used to bombers. We're some gullible suckers

Even with BCBS, I used to love that I got 4-6 unique experiences. All caught different flavor notes. Now I'm stuck with 1-2 total for a whole year. Parabola, KBS, black note, high westy, all have been 4-12 different sessions worth. I feel I strive for those more more than this one and done moment with CBS. Amazing Stout but it doesn't mean much when your experiences are cut short due to corporate decisions. Would've loved this in a 4x12oz pack. But founders is making almost double by going with the bigger bomber.
Agreed. Every bomber/750mL I purchase tends to sit in my closet collecting dust. Not because I'm looking to age it, I just can't justify/don't want to justify drinking that volume of a super decadent beer in one session. I always crack one open with friends, but even then they tend to stockpile.

Interboro has one-upped everyone with their most recent BA-stout release. They have 3 variants and they all come in 8 oz. cans. Really hope more breweries catch wind to this and follow suit for their higher ABV offerings.

^ I agree with the 750ml format being bad especially for higher ABV beers. Like CF, I still have a ton of stouts (Black Tuesday, Abraxas, Huna, amongst others) just chillin in the cellar because I just can't finish it in one sitting. #firstworldproblem :lol:

Agreed. Every bomber/750mL I purchase tends to sit in my closet collecting dust. Not because I'm looking to age it, I just can't justify/don't want to justify drinking that volume of a super decadent beer in one session. I always crack one open with friends, but even then they tend to stockpile.

Interboro has one-upped everyone with their most recent BA-stout release. They have 3 variants and they all come in 8 oz. cans. Really hope more breweries catch wind to this and follow suit for their higher ABV offerings.
8 oz cans sound awesome. Modern times had their bigger ba stouts in 12 oz cans and sold them for what felt like $30 for 2 cans. I can deal with that price increase of more than $1/oz and would pay that here with CBS. Getting 4 experiences instead of two makes all the difference on a review ratings front.

CBS won't be available to my local distributor I'm buying from until Monday evening

for bombers and 750 ml bottles i just use a soft rubber wine stopper and jam it in there, always good still when I drink it later in the day or the following day

41rLWQdb-ZL._SY355_.jpg

hoping to have the opportunity to try CBS on draft as well

Looking like I'll be scoring 3 bottles of CBS today. Now I just have to wait for the bottles to get to the 2 distributors.

IMG_1458.JPG

A brewery/bar called wrecking bar in Atlanta had their annual strong beer festival today with every beer being over 8%. I had all I could take for four hours haha. It was my first time having barrel aged hunahpu's and I'm impressed. I may have to buy tickets to hunahpu's day with Tampa only being a six hour drive from Atlanta.

Last edited:
A3A12B19-C399-4D8A-893E-1871592E14EE.png
Best beer I have ever tasted, no exaggeration! Fulfills every basic taste necessity for beer drinking.

Drank it last night:
7C4E14A6-1037-42B2-914E-1B8C0AB9282B.jpeg

Verdict? It’s fine. Really just tastes like a sweeter version of KBS to me. Definitely not worth the price tag. You could pour a half-shot of maple syrup into a pour of KBS and you would wind up with an extremely similar beer.

This seems like a case of a formerly “amazing” beer still being good, but seeming much less impressive in a time where competition is much stiffer.

If you know someone who likes corona without lime you shouldn’t trust them

Drank it last night:
7C4E14A6-1037-42B2-914E-1B8C0AB9282B.jpeg

Verdict? It’s fine. Really just tastes like a sweeter version of KBS to me. Definitely not worth the price tag. You could pour a half-shot of maple syrup into a pour of KBS and you would wind up with an extremely similar beer.

This seems like a case of a formerly “amazing” beer still being good, but seeming much less impressive in a time where competition is much stiffer.

Im glad i passed on that then. I always felt the same way for KBS.

Back
Top Bottom