NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Originally Posted by AJChick23

tumblr_lqym3kCznm1qa6r2do1_500.jpg

A few brews I picked up last week
smokin.gif
I want to try the Cigar City brews so badly.

The Maduro series sounds so good, but they don't distribute to Indiana.

^ My friend just went on a tour of their brewery .. I was jelly.

I wish I could ship some of the Maduro to you if I find it, but I'm like 99.99% sure it's illegal without a license.

I wish I could ship some of the Maduro to you if I find it, but I'm like 99.99% sure it's illegal without a license.

Do not ship through the United States Postal Service (USPS) – It is illegal to ship beer through the USPS. Always use FedEx or UPS. If something goes wrong with a FedEx or UPS shipment, it is a sad story. If something happens to a USPS shipment, you could be facing a legal situation.

Prevent Breakage, Then Prevent Leakage – The key to successfully shipping beer is to get them to their final destination unbroken. That means packing them well and stuffing the box with lots of padding so the beers won’t shift around in the box. This is your first line of defense. But sometimes things go wrong, despite your best efforts, and a bottle might break. When that happens, you want to keep the spill contained and to stop it from leaking through the box. When a box starts to leak, it gets pulled out of shipping process. Often the box gets thrown away by the shipping company, despite the fact that the rest of the bottles in the box might be fine.

Don’t Offer Up to the Shipping Company That You Are Shipping Beer – I’ve never been asked, and there is no reason to tell them. It leads to irrelevant questions and wastes time. If someone does ask, you can say that you are shipping yeast samples. In a very truthful way, you are.

----------------------

I'll take some cigar city brews too 
nerd.gif

trade for some bottles from CA?  
wink.gif

Do not ship through the United States Postal Service (USPS) – It is illegal to ship beer through the USPS. Always use FedEx or UPS. If something goes wrong with a FedEx or UPS shipment, it is a sad story. If something happens to a USPS shipment, you could be facing a legal situation.

Prevent Breakage, Then Prevent Leakage – The key to successfully shipping beer is to get them to their final destination unbroken. That means packing them well and stuffing the box with lots of padding so the beers won’t shift around in the box. This is your first line of defense. But sometimes things go wrong, despite your best efforts, and a bottle might break. When that happens, you want to keep the spill contained and to stop it from leaking through the box. When a box starts to leak, it gets pulled out of shipping process. Often the box gets thrown away by the shipping company, despite the fact that the rest of the bottles in the box might be fine.

Don’t Offer Up to the Shipping Company That You Are Shipping Beer – I’ve never been asked, and there is no reason to tell them. It leads to irrelevant questions and wastes time. If someone does ask, you can say that you are shipping yeast samples. In a very truthful way, you are.

----------------------

I'll take some cigar city brews too 
nerd.gif

trade for some bottles from CA?  
wink.gif

We should set up a beer trading group on NT. I'm sure someone has mentioned it before, but I'm game if anyone else is.

Being from Indiana, I get a lot of Sun King, Three Floyds, Upland, Bell's and Goose Island.

We should set up a beer trading group on NT. I'm sure someone has mentioned it before, but I'm game if anyone else is.

Being from Indiana, I get a lot of Sun King, Three Floyds, Upland, Bell's and Goose Island.

Originally Posted by Respect21

2dlozuo.gif

2dlozuo.gif

Originally Posted by prestigeworldwidex21

Last weekend.
14vo3lu.jpg

Just like AJchick mentioned, BA is a really good site for referencing beers. It's really introduced me to all the new stuff I've been trying. There are so many brews out there...good and bad, which is why I use BA to check the reviews first before I buy. Sometimes I might go out on a limb and try it, and then check BA to see if my tastes align with what the people on there like as well...most of the time they do. Trying out new beers is just so fun and exciting...only thing i dont like is the accompanying belly

Last weekend.
14vo3lu.jpg

Just like AJchick mentioned, BA is a really good site for referencing beers. It's really introduced me to all the new stuff I've been trying. There are so many brews out there...good and bad, which is why I use BA to check the reviews first before I buy. Sometimes I might go out on a limb and try it, and then check BA to see if my tastes align with what the people on there like as well...most of the time they do. Trying out new beers is just so fun and exciting...only thing i dont like is the accompanying belly

Originally Posted by Based Mod

2dlozuo.gif
roll.gif
I would like to try some three floyds. Theres a place around my way that carries it, but its mad over priced. 

2dlozuo.gif
roll.gif
I would like to try some three floyds. Theres a place around my way that carries it, but its mad over priced. 

Last weekend.
14vo3lu.jpg

I'm in for the beer trading group, but I want this guy for my first partner lol. I can't find that stuff anywhere! I'm down here in South FL so anying you need from this market I got you, cigar city, etc. Also got a bottle of Life and Limb on the trading block.

Last weekend.
14vo3lu.jpg

I'm in for the beer trading group, but I want this guy for my first partner lol. I can't find that stuff anywhere! I'm down here in South FL so anying you need from this market I got you, cigar city, etc. Also got a bottle of Life and Limb on the trading block.

----------------------
This blog post illustrates exactly what to do and what not to do when trading and shipping beer. It's easily the most informative thing I found when looking for info and tips.

http://alewatcher.blogspot.com/2010/11/new-trader-tips.html

----------------------
This blog post illustrates exactly what to do and what not to do when trading and shipping beer. It's easily the most informative thing I found when looking for info and tips.

http://alewatcher.blogspot.com/2010/11/new-trader-tips.html

Back
Top Bottom