NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Originally Posted by troublebound666

There was an epic New Belgium sour beer dinner last night at Julian in Kansas City.

bro....that sounds delicious.  how much was it?  i'm stoked NB's distributing Tart Lychee.  apparently they're going for $10/bomber though
sick.gif

Originally Posted by il prescelto

Serious question, would you guys drink beer if it didn't produce any of the effects alcohol produced? like, a beer that tastes exactly like a regular beer but produces none of the effects of alcohol

this question is usually posed by people who haven't been exposed to "good" beers and only to the mass produced pale lagers.  in america, a "regular" beer would by default be a pale lager, so no i wouldn't drink it if it didn't give the effects of alcohol.

Too lazy to check, because of all of the Racer 5's tonight...

But is Racer 5 getting any love in here???

Disclaimer: this beer has caused me some serious problems when i underestimated it in the past.

Disclaimer: this beer has caused me some serious problems when i underestimated it in the past.

I've been stuck on Bud Light for years now, and recently upgraded to Modelo. Not disappointed at all. 
pimp.gif

I've been stuck on Bud Light for years now, and recently upgraded to Modelo. Not disappointed at all. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by villansfinest

I don't know about anyone else here, but I certainly do love Racer 5. I really enjoyed it the first time I had it a couple of years ago at a local bar. It's always nice to see it on the menu at bars and I usually fall back on it if they lack any other good IPAs.

Definitely not a good idea to underestimate this one for sure.
laugh.gif
A couple of these and you'll be feeling goooooooood for a minute.

I don't know about anyone else here, but I certainly do love Racer 5. I really enjoyed it the first time I had it a couple of years ago at a local bar. It's always nice to see it on the menu at bars and I usually fall back on it if they lack any other good IPAs.

Definitely not a good idea to underestimate this one for sure.
laugh.gif
A couple of these and you'll be feeling goooooooood for a minute.

Originally Posted by Based Mod

There was an epic New Belgium sour beer dinner last night at Julian in Kansas City.

bro....that sounds delicious.  how much was it?  i'm stoked NB's distributing Tart Lychee.  apparently they're going for $10/bomber though
sick.gif

Serious question, would you guys drink beer if it didn't produce any of the effects alcohol produced? like, a beer that tastes exactly like a regular beer but produces none of the effects of alcohol

this question is usually posed by people who haven't been exposed to "good" beers and only to the mass produced pale lagers.  in america, a "regular" beer would by default be a pale lager, so no i wouldn't drink it if it didn't give the effects of alcohol.
sorry, i wasn't specific enough. what i meant is, take a beer that you enjoy drinking. would you enjoy drinking it if it tasted exactly the same, but produced none of the effects associated with alcohol?

sick.gif

sorry, i wasn't specific enough. what i meant is, take a beer that you enjoy drinking. would you enjoy drinking it if it tasted exactly the same, but produced none of the effects associated with alcohol?

sick.gif

Palm Amber Ale is pretty good. Darker in color but lighter in taste. If you're looking for something real hoppy though, Green Flash Palate Wrecker is where it's at.

Palm Amber Ale is pretty good. Darker in color but lighter in taste. If you're looking for something real hoppy though, Green Flash Palate Wrecker is where it's at.

Originally Posted by piapizza

I've had Green Flash's West Coast IPA not too long ago and really loved it! Just the right amount of hops balanced with the citrus flavor.

Originally Posted by piapizza

I've had Green Flash's West Coast IPA not too long ago and really loved it! Just the right amount of hops balanced with the citrus flavor.

Tried Fat Tire for the first time the other day at Fiesta down here in San Antonio. I remember it being a little sweet for my liking, but that was after drinking several coors.
Tonight I'm trying Brooklyn lager; pretty good, especially after a long day at work.

Tried Fat Tire for the first time the other day at Fiesta down here in San Antonio. I remember it being a little sweet for my liking, but that was after drinking several coors.
Tonight I'm trying Brooklyn lager; pretty good, especially after a long day at work.

Originally Posted by JosephSKC

No. I only recently am starting to like beer. It's a plus for some. I know my uncle Paul can crack a beer first thing in the morning and to him it's just so refreshing and I don't get it
laugh.gif
That's how IPAs are for me. Just the amount of hops is so refreshing to me. I love it.

Originally Posted by JosephSKC

No. I only recently am starting to like beer. It's a plus for some. I know my uncle Paul can crack a beer first thing in the morning and to him it's just so refreshing and I don't get it
laugh.gif
That's how IPAs are for me. Just the amount of hops is so refreshing to me. I love it.

Back
Top Bottom