NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

How's that Smashed Pumpkin?
Saw it on tap at The Yard House the other night, but at 9% ABV, I wasn't going for it.
Speaking of the Yard House, had a few Allagash Whites, an Alaskan Amber and a Blanche De Bruxelles before The Black Keys concert.
First time having the Blanche De Bruxelles. that is a damn good brew..

-J-

Not a fan of that Smashed Pumpkin in the least.

I would highly recommend this though:

this beer is incredible; it's by Prism which is a micro brewery in the Philly burbs...their beers are quite unique

Last edited:
Went out to Oceanside this Wednesday for the stone mint chocolate stout release. I had 3 :nerd:z glasses at the store and took home a 2 liter growler. They finished both kegs by 3pm. The stout is amazing!!

Oktoberfest beer is the new wave for me.  I aint a beer drinker, but i went out looking for that stout beer from lurking this thread, didn't find it so I grabbed some oktoberfest beer, and its definitely good.  I didn't know beer had so many different variations like that, I been missing out, and I been in Germany for the past 4 years not knowing this.  I hear ppl talk about beer all the time, and I'm thinking too myself, it can't be all that, all beer tastes the same, smh, I know now.  Can't wait to try them different flavor stout joints

I used to hate drinking beer until college, then I realized it was because the only beers people bought around me were garbage. Mostly American ales and lagers that taste like piss. But now I'm a snob and I won't drink anything with the word "light" in it. I usually stick to Hefeweizens and Ales though. I can tell for Mexican beers Corona is not the route to go. Dos Equis Amber in my opinion is the best Mexican beer widely available followed by Modelo Especial. Sweetwater makes two beers the 420 which is a bit hoppy and Blue which has a blueberry flavor to it which is really good after a meal. Best all around beer though? Kirin, especially on tap.

I highly recommend anyone to pick this bad boy up:

Paulaner+Oktoberfest+Wiesn.jpg

It ran me $14 bucks.. A liter of great Paulaner Octoberfest and a neat beer mug, which can likely fit 3 12 oz. bottles of anything you want. Math wise, it is more like $4 for the beer and $10 for the mug, since 6 packs of the stuff runs me about $9.99.

The beer itself is some of the easiest drinking Octoberfest I have ever had. It;s for good reason that its one of the top 20 octoberfests around.

Does anyone else stock up on Octoberfests? I remember drinking mine until around Super Bowl sunday a few years back. But I want mine to last until March... What to do? Shelf life on this stuff isn't usually marked for more than 3-5 months

Last edited:
I've only tried the Sam Adams one. I really like the festive brews, it's diff't w/ the special spices.

I might stick to the cheap 40z tonight though.

Grabbed some Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale... Will prob crack one when Michigan kicks off tomorrow

It sounds terrible. Just has a corny bottle and name to draw you in.

I'm a big fan of rogue beers, especially micro-breweries in general. It is unique and diff't, and it's not something you'd buy a few bottles of to pound. I would say, they've done a great job w/ it though, and it'll be a great pairing w/ certain foods.

I wouldn't buy too much, but I'll probably buy to collect. Yes, I have gone from a shoe collection to a beer one. haha. It's something unique to serve at parties though.

I thought this was one of the worst beers I've ever tasted. Actually, it might be the only beer that I could not drink. It tasted like liquid smoke :x

They did a good job, and rogue beers are 'natural', and don't have a lot of garbage crap, which means a clean after taste, not a chemical one like you'd find w/ a lot of mass produced beers.

Their amber is pretty good too, very deep & rich.

I thought this was one of the worst beers I've ever tasted. Actually, it might be the only beer that I could not drink. It tasted like liquid smoke
sick.gif
Agreed. I bought a bottle of this and the only thing I could think of while drinking it was "this beer tastes like a campfire." Not the worst beer I've ever had, but definitely something to buy once and never drink ever again.

Rogue Chocolate Stout on the other hand.....
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom