NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

@Fade on you, coming through in the clutch

This weekend should be a good one

Not Your Father's Root Beer is outstanding! Love that stuff. I would like to get my hands on the 10% version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a pint of Columbus Bodhi the other day. Soooooooo goooooooooooood.

For any San Diegans here, check out Bagby Brewing in Oceanside. Their digs is top notch and they have a great guest taplist. Really good in-house beers too.

Cans seem more resilient. But I tend to try to double bubble wrap almost everything. Then I try to double box or double layer cardboard. I'd rather pay an extra buck shipping and having a double layered box than not using it. So the cost doesn't really add up. It's usually set at a certain price and you can adjust things up 1-6 bucks. Why ship in a 12x12x12 box at 10 lbs if you can get away with double boxing one at 16x14x10 and paying 2 extra bucks with 6 extra beers @18 lbs? Volume does win out. Avoid federal usps helps too. So says those online lol.

Bubble wrap then throw in extra newspaper, plastic bags, peanuts. Once you trade once, you tend to recycle it all anyways lol.

Last edited:
finally got to try this along with kbs,and not your fathers roots beer. All super good beer after the bruerys copperversary.

I shipped a 4 pack to my friend a few days ago, another easy way to mail the beer out is to just wrap it in baby diapers, they will provide cushion and if anything breaks or leaks they soak it right up.

Put the bottles in a shoe box and put that in a flat rate box and sent it on its way.

@Fade on you, coming through in the clutch

This weekend should be a good one
I had that Hell or High Watermelon on Saturday and hot damn was that good. Super light for a nice hot day. That may be my go to over ole' Miller Lite this summer 
laugh.gif

It's 10% on a draft. Just have to find someone that has it on tap.
They are in the process of putting the 10% and 19.5% in bombers. They will have different labels to designate the strength but nonetheless, it's coming.
finally got to try this along with kbs,and not your fathers roots beer. All super good beer after the bruerys copperversary.
Dark Lord is good! I really want to go to their beer event where you can wait in line for hours to get two bottles once of these days.

Parabola finally released today in Dallas (we always get it in May due to TABC label approvals and distribution). This year was the smallest allocation for our area to date. Most stores that would get 2-3 cases in the past only received one. Bottles were either grabbed by staff or the unemployed lurkers that wait at the loading docs.

My local Whole Foods told me over the phone that they had some and by the time I showed up ten minutes later they were gone. One of the employees sold me a stashed bottle of XVIII out of pity.:lol: Also grabbed a Jester King Black Metal.

On a side note: Anybody come across a bottle of the bad/butter Silva Stout from Green Flash? I have one sitting in my pantry but I'm hesitant to open it. Apparently Mike Hinkley finally acknowledged the issue.

Ballast point is hitting my area for the first time tomorrow. 10 tap takeover. Should I stick with gf sculpin, which I've had and love. Or try stuff like grunian, black marlin, big eye, sorado, victory at sea? Habanero sculpin and a couple others seem to be making an appearance. I'm guessing it'll be busy and I may only get one or two cracks at various pints.

HOH watemeleon seemed super average when I had it yesterday. Our taste buds do some crazy things. I got a local brewery doing a strawberry gose tomorrow. Wondering if I'll take the bait and try/buy. I need to ramp down 50-100%

Last edited:
Ballast point is hitting my area for the first time tomorrow. 10 tap takeover. Should I stick with gf sculpin, which I've had and love. Or try stuff like grunian, black marlin, big eye, sorado, victory at sea? Habanero sculpin and a couple others seem to be making an appearance. I'm guessing it'll be busy and I may only get one or two cracks at various pints.

HOH watemeleon seemed super average when I had it yesterday. Our taste buds do some crazy things. I got a local brewery doing a strawberry gose tomorrow. Wondering if I'll take the bait and try/buy. I need to ramp down 50-100%

I'd recommend trying Big Eye and VaS. VaS is one of the better coffee porters out there.

Beer 'week' just starting around my way.. More like 2 weeks worth. Now is actually my time for hibernation and laying back. Today couldn't be held back though

Strawberry Gose by La Cumbre released today. It was decent. Hard to justify the price point imho. It was tart, a touch sour, but far less salty and funky than even AVBC blood orange gose, let alone Westbrook Gose. Very crisp and refreshing. I went through a couple with ease.. Took home a bomber. Creature of habit I suppose.

Ballast Point tap takeover at a local place.. WOW.. Guess which one was the first to run dry? GF Sculpin. I totally missed getting to have this on draft. I had my eyes set on trying stuff I had never tried before.. Newsflash. Ive never had GF sculpin on draft. I got caught in the moment and mumbled a beer to the waiter. lol it happens. I surprised myself and had a pint of the black marlin, then finished up with regular Sculpin. I started the evening with a brett STOUT. Wicked sensory overload. I had to go with a local before supporting the new out of towners.. I had samples of the Victory at Sea (quite an amazing coconut vanilla flavor), Grunion (above par for the course pale ale. forgettable), and Big Eye (really a distinct hop profile through smell and taste. Cant pinpoint the variety).

Overall, what a brand they have. No duds. Just a very well represented set of beers that may be available on store shelves soon.

:D cheers guys. gonna lay low for awhile. Internet and BA cut off.

Back
Top Bottom