NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Yea I can definitely see Port Jefferson or maybe Bay Shore. I've only been to one can release there and it was pretty tamed. Hopefully they are up and running before I head back. With Aslin, their location seems like the perfect set up, industrial and no businesses really located on that back alley where they are located. One of the workers there said local business were complaining about the smell of the beer being brewed. Doesn't merit shutting down a tap room though.

IMG_1676.JPG
IMG_1677.JPG
IMG_1681.JPG
IMG_1684.JPG
Went to Creature Comforts today for their release and got surprised by my cousin with a few beers from Alchemist. I started with Focal Banger first, it was my first time having it and I did not go in with any expectations. It pretty much is good piny, hoppy, dank IPA nothing more. I definitely wouldn't mind having it again. A 3.9-4/5 for me.

Next I had Loopulus from Creature Comforts. A double IPA brewed with citra and nelson. It's too similar in flavor to Duende, another offering from them that is brewed with citra, mosaic and simcoe. Still amazing flavor and would give it a 4.2/5.

Awaken, My Love stole the show. A stout with coffee, cinnamon and lactose. The flavors are so intense right now, I can't wait to see how it taste a week or two from now once they all gel together. I generally don't like coffee stouts due to the bitter flavor the majority of them have, but this is great. Right now I would give it a 4.4/5.

Sticking to my weekends only beer schedule. Definitely appreciating the flavors more when you can take a break once in awhile.

How accessible is CC tropicalia? Year rounder? Only ever had that from them but truly loved it. Every area seems to have at least one place just killing the IPA game.

La Cumbre (local brewery my way) would just be totally dumb not to have a hazy IPA on non stop.

They released this one today
ED494D14-0BFF-4802-9464-7736DAAD6E7D.jpeg

6.5% IPA. A touch thin but I complain when they get to 8% and become too sweet. So I just probably love to complain.
Simcoe and Nelson boil-whirpool hops. Citra/mosaic/Nelson/Simcoe in dry hop.

Probably the most aromatic beer they've done in a year's time. Explosive pienapple and berry/grape smells and flavor. Kind of just released without hype. They're allowing full pours at cheaper price points. Gotta love the under rated stuff. The hype allows for these others to fall through the cracks.

Next week will be big. For the last four months they've been doing monthly hazy IPA can releases. Now for this month, they're putting all those hops together. Citra , mosiac, and centennial. Should be great. Saturday release this time. Brand new experience coming up for my area. They've only ever done Friday releases. Now it's the cumulation of their first hazy series with a never before done Saturday release. Should be a fun circus. They said initially it would be only three releases. But I don't see them ending this anytime soon.

Their centennial smash from last months release is still around. Centennial gets no hype. They may need to stick to the top 6 hyped hops.

The one (the one I had today) that's probably better than their canned offerings is just sitting on tap like nothing. I don't get people most times. Good thing I drink what I want. It's funny. They aren't really even saying publically what hops are used. If you tell people what's in it, lines form. Here it's all about organic likes/dislikes. Drink it, try it. State your own opinion. I spotted the Nelson right away.

Last edited:
Sticking to my weekends only beer schedule. Definitely appreciating the flavors more when you can take a break once in awhile.

How accessible is CC tropicalia? Year rounder? Only ever had that from them but truly loved it. Every area seems to have at least one place just killing the IPA game.

La Cumbre (local brewery my way) would just be totally dumb not to have a hazy IPA on non stop.

They released this one today
ED494D14-0BFF-4802-9464-7736DAAD6E7D.jpeg

6.5% IPA. A touch thin but I complain when they get to 8% and become too sweet. So I just probably love to complain.
Simcoe and Nelson boil-whirpool hops. Citra/mosaic/Nelson/Simcoe in dry hop.

Probably the most aromatic beer they've done in a year's time. Explosive pienapple and berry/grape smells and flavor. Kind of just released without hype. They're allowing full pours at cheaper price points. Gotta love the under rated stuff. The hype allows for these others to fall through the cracks.

Next week will be big. For the last four months they've been doing monthly hazy IPA can releases. Now for this month, they're putting all those hops together. Citra , mosiac, and centennial. Should be great. Saturday release this time. Brand new experience coming up for my area. They've only ever done Friday releases. Now it's the cumulation of their first hazy series with a never before done Saturday release. Should be a fun circus. They said initially it would be only three releases. But I don't see them ending this anytime soon.

Their centennial smash from last months release is still around. Centennial gets no hype. They may need to stick to the top 6 hyped hops.

The one (the one I had today) that's probably better than their canned offerings is just sitting on tap like nothing. I don't get people most times. Good thing I drink what I want. It's funny. They aren't really even saying publically what hops are used. If you tell people what's in it, lines form. Here it's all about organic likes/dislikes. Drink it, try it. State your own opinion. I spotted the Nelson right away.

Tropicalia is very accessible down here and is Creature Comforts year round IPA. I was hooked on getting a sixer every week the first year I moved down here haha. If you ever want any let me know. I hear you on partaking on weekends, I've been on a diet for two months and cutting out during the week has helped tremendously in my progress.

Tropicalia is very accessible down here and is Creature Comforts year round IPA. I was hooked on getting a sixer every week the first year I moved down here haha. If you ever want any let me know. I hear you on partaking on weekends, I've been on a diet for two months and cutting out during the week has helped tremendously in my progress.
Keep me in mind next time you head to CC, wouldn't mind a few cans as well :pimp:

Visited a friend in Anaheim. He’s currently stationed in Florida and brought me back some Jai Alai. Also stopped by The Bruery and Bottle Logic!

v63m34.jpg

Y'all ever get an empty bottle of beer? 1st time it ever happened to me. Pranqsters come in a 4pack & only three of them had beer. Bottle isn't broken or anything. The cap is on tight.

aviary-image-1520298233526.jpeg

Amarillo IPA by Hill Farmstead

First venture into HF. Now I understand why it's consistently rated as high as it is. Incredibly smooth and drinkable. Full of flavor with JUST the right amount of bitterness to remind you that it's an IPA. Piney on the front end with a slight citrus finish. Perfect.

As much as I love the newer up-and-coming breweries in the region, no one touches Hill Farmstead. They nail every style of beer like no other brewery can.

As much as I love the newer up-and-coming breweries in the region, no one touches Hill Farmstead. They nail every style of beer like no other brewery can.
The Amarillo was incredibly well balanced. Easy to drink yet full body in terms of flavor.

Trying my first Trillium and Treehouse beers this week too :pimp:

The Amarillo was incredibly well balanced. Easy to drink yet full body in terms of flavor.

Trying my first Trillium and Treehouse beers this week too :pimp:
Nice. Thinking of skipping the Hoof Hearted/Answer/Monkish madness that’s happening at Other Half this Saturday in favor of hitting up Tree House on the Friday before St. Patrick’s day.

Nice. Thinking of skipping the Hoof Hearted/Answer/Monkish madness that’s happening at Other Half this Saturday in favor of hitting up Tree House on the Friday before St. Patrick’s day.
I'd really like the Answer and Monkish collabs. An admin in one of the OH Facebook group mules for cost +$10 and shipping. Might have to hit him up for this release

Haven't been in here in a while and the first post I see is someone saying Pliney isn't impressive?
I mean, I know it doesn't look like orange juice, but it's world class.
Happy drinking folks. It's been a pleasure talking and trading with y'all.
If anyone wants Monkish growlers, check their website and PM me. Looking for BA stouts. Monkish growlers>>>Monkish cans.
My son is getting into shoes now and he probably will be stealing my beer in the not too distant future. Maybe he'll pop in this thread some day.

Haven't been in here in a while and the first post I see is someone saying Pliney isn't impressive?
I mean, I know it doesn't look like orange juice, but it's world class.
Happy drinking folks. It's been a pleasure talking and trading with y'all.
If anyone wants Monkish growlers, check their website and PM me. Looking for BA stouts. Monkish growlers>>>Monkish cans.
My son is getting into shoes now and he probably will be stealing my beer in the not too distant future. Maybe he'll pop in this thread some day.
Never had Pliny so I wouldn't know. Maybe you can change that :wink:

I'd be down to trade for some Monkish. Growlers only? Or do they do Crowlers as well. Available to ship too?

Already initiated a trade with crumps brother crumps brother this week, would be glad to trade with the rest of y'all

I'm actually going to LA April 13th. I plan on bringing back a few monkish growlers. I'd be down to do some trades. I should be getting eight cans of both Power of One and Even Mo Hygge by Sand City coming in Thursday. I also have the recent Creature Comforts release that I posted a page or two back.

Have 1 more bottle of Lazy Magnolia's Southern Pecan. Can't find it in Illinois so when I was in Nashville I picked up a few 6-packs.

Still on a Kentucky Vanilla Barrel Cream Ale kick.

I'm actually going to LA April 13th. I plan on bringing back a few monkish growlers. I'd be down to do some trades. I should be getting eight cans of both Power of One and Even Mo Hygge by Sand City coming in Thursday. I also have the recent Creature Comforts release that I posted a page or two back.
I'll PM you at some point today. Interested in the sand city (if available for trade) and the creature comforts. Hopefully tired hands does a release on Thursday as I will be able to catch leftovers on friday

keep seeing this daisy chain experiment pop up with a lot of houston breweries...finally decided to look into it...thought it was pretty cool idea...

Twenty three breweries have joined in to each brew a batch of beer using the same yeast strain throughout the project.

The breweries involved in the Houston Daisy Chain Experiment are Southern Star, 8th Wonder, Eureka Heights, Copperhead, 11 Below, Sigma, Braman, Lone Pint, Town in City, Bearded Fox, Brash, No Label, BAKFISH, Texas Leaguer, Buffalo Bayou, Platypus, City Acre, Holler, Fetching Lab, Whole Foods Brewing, Spindletap, Blackwater Draw, and New Republic.
https://www.brewbound.com/news/southern-star-brewing-launches-houston-daisy-chain-experiment

IMG_1708.JPG
IMG_1710.JPG

My Sand City beers came in today so I put in some extra time in the gym so I could have both without feeling guilty haha. Started with Power of One and I'm impressed. Probably my favorite offering from them that I have had so far. Even Mo Hygee was good and even better as it warmed up, it did not taste like a 14.5% beer at all.

Back
Top Bottom