NT, what do I do? vol. P.O. callin...

142roccaway

Banned
Ok, I have to perform 75 hrs of community service, on top of the 1 year of probation I recieved. I have until 10/15/08 to do all 75...

Problem 1: It's winter and the community service place closes at 4:00 and is on the other side of the city. I get out of school 2:15, I have NO CAR, andbuses run once an hr (
indifferent.gif
) and by the time i get there it's 3:45...I could ridea bike but it's too cold.

Problem 2: My P.O. keeps callin me and tellin me that I have to do my hrs, cause If I don't I'm gonna get reported and my plea bargain deal will berevoked or some !%#% ... I tell him "It's winter and I have till Oct! I'm have spring when it's nice to do them" ...He tells me "Ihave to do some NOW"

Problem 3: If the judge checks and sees I havent been goin, they said gonna snatch me up and Imma be chillin with Big Moose for a couple months even tho theyknow all about "Problem 1"
indifferent.gif

Has anyone here ever been in a situation like this? Can someone help me? tips? Ideas? Ways to strengthen my argument?

There's more than one way to do hours, volunteer at a hospital if you have one close by, or check your city hall.

or just get on that bike and pedal yah %$$ over there
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

can't you go on the weekends? if not explain to the judge your situation and maybe he'll come up with an alternative

biking in the cold > jail
#!!@ it, id even skip school so i dont have to go to jail and get those hours done.

Nah man, Upstate NY is o.d. cold in the Winter, you wanna ride a bike 4 miles against 5 degree winds?

call you public defender or lawer. they gave you till october for a reason.

i'm glad i havent even met mine yet.

i don't the judge cares if its cold...if anything your P.O. is doing you a favor...you could have them done before summer even gets here if you do themnow...

call you public defender or lawer. they gave you till october for a reason.

i'm glad i havent even met mine yet.

I have probation till 10/15 and by then i have to have my hrs done...but the #$!+ sucking public defender assured me that I'd be able to do them if Springand Summer without being bothered about them in the winter
indifferent.gif

i don't the judge cares if its cold...if anything your P.O. is doing you a favor...you could have them done before summer even gets here if you do them now...
They told me about my community service on 11/31 and I did 18 hrs untill it got too cold to bike it, then my bike got stolen (stole a new oneafter hat) now they sayin I HAVE TO or else

I mean, I know you don't wanna hear this but... "if you can't do the time, don't do the crime." I don't know what you're onprobation for but it's the truth.

If it's too cold, cab it. it sucks, but it's an alternative. and I mean if 1 is really as big of an issue as you claim, then get in touch with thejudge and work something out. at least then he'll see youre being proactive.

i'd hit your public defender up. do you have any paperwork stating you have till october to do your hours? you gotta keep all that man. i bet your PO isjust lazy and wants you to hurry up and do the hours so he doesn't have to worry about you anymore. dont blindly agree with him, i'd dig up somepaperwork and throw it in his face.

SAME HERE

i have to do 50 hours of CS get it done by 5/19/08

but imma work 8 hours a day for 6 days then im done

IF IM DONE MY CS FAST CAN I GET OFF MY 6 MONTH PROBATION EARLY .........??????

Maybe, If you p.o. likes you they can TRY to get you off early, but the judges are the problem...

I haven't done any kind of CS yet except for volunteering. But can't you just go to the Rec Center or Boys & Girls club? There's usually onenear like every school. That's where I'm doing mine.

I don't wanna be debbie downer here, but if they say you need to do them then you need to do them. My little brother and sis are both on some kind ofprobation and when they got their cs hours they were like "meh, get them don't 2 weeks before its due."...lets just say the judge wasn'thearing it and after getting mad calls from their officers my Ma just started dropping them off places and saying "call me when you've done at least 3hrs here."....find out where your options are for doing it..my little brother did some of his at the basketball court/community center down the street andmy little sister did some for the church and her cheerleading squad, neither of which was more than 1.5 miles away from home. See what you can do closer to youad good luck.

Originally Posted by 142Roccaway

Maybe, If you p.o. likes you they can TRY to get you off early, but the judges are the problem...

IMMA BE DONE WIT MY CS B4 I GET A P.O.
laugh.gif
.........3 8 HOURS DAYS EACHWEEK

Originally Posted by Tupac Jordan

Hell nah! Forget community service! Give me jail. Just chillin with sandwiches in county.
roll.gif

Sometimes jail is better than probation. But probation is a privilege. You gotta make it atleast look like your worththat privilege and that you appreciate the chance. Other wise your just an extra statistic on their resume.

no my dude! free food, no school, i get to see some old friends, and I'd have my dude Candy lookin out for me
laugh.gif
j/p but this CS situation is just reallystressful

if you cant do the time dont do the crime or however that saying goes.....

stop wasting your time on niketalk making stupid posts about your penis size and go volunteer someplace

u live upstate? why u at 142 and rockaway blvd? unless im mistaken and theres one upstate...

Back
Top Bottom