OFFICIAL 2009/2010 EPL Season Post

Originally Posted by Lootpac

smh.gif
laugh.gif
Now I remember why I pretty much stopped coming up in here, ignorance and stupid arguments abound!

Let the two little Spurs fans have their fun right now, they'll come crashing back down to earth just in time to seal up another meaningless Carling Cup and a Europa Cup spot
laugh.gif
But hey 3 England callups! oooooh! neat. Do they give out participation ribbons for that? Perhaps they'd look nice next to all 0 of your Premier League trophies.

Also to whoever said it's BPL
indifferent.gif
nobody calls it the Barclays Premier League. Would you call the NFL the Budweiser Football League? No.

Even though you're talking smack, at least you know what we're talking about. You're right when you say ignorant comments. Dudes come in heretalking about they know EVERYTHING about the prem league. your gooner supporter came in here talking about no one knew what the EPL league was. If he wants tocome in here to prove he know something, let him gets his facts straight. Now can we argue that it's the BPL still?

At least this SCUM supporter figured out we support tottenham. Props!

And as far as ribbons for Nat'l teams appearances, read the rest of the post. Like it or not, Spurs have more trophies than SCUM in the past few years. Wecan talk about 2004 all night if you want, but 0 trophies recently is 0 trophies.

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Who's Cantona?
tongue.gif

I always forget there is a decent football thread on here. I was loving the Rooney diving arguments. I understand the hate, because I think the Eduardo banwas ridiculous too. The thing is, BOTH incidents (not sure why these are being so seriously compared other than their proximity in the fixture list) are downto terrible terrible goal keeping. Boruc had no business pulling out of that tackle. Had he swatted the ball, there wouldn't have been an eye blinkedover that foul. Had Almunia had a brain between his ears, he wouldn't have been so indecisive on coming for the ball. Rooney had no support and Almuniareally could have cut the angle on a shot. Almunia is a bad keeper, I don't know when anyone at Arsenal will get this.

How about Arshevin's goal though? Son can hit the ball. He should have had penalty a few seconds earlier. No idea what Fletcher was thinking making thatsort of tackle. Foul and a hand ball.

I don't come in here often but I really did not know Spurs fans were riding that one Carling Cup trophy as hard as they have been. If a Man Utd, Pool, orChelsea supporter wants to talk trophies fine. Hell, even Portsmouth with their FA Cup not too long ago may be able to talk. But come on, one Carling Cuptrophy. Everyone knows Arsenal have not won a trophy since 2005 but let the supporters of teams who have won real trophies consistently throw that jab.

Carlos Tevez mentioned something about the use of video technology...
football is played at a fast and furious pace and to slow it down like that would be
eyes.gif
anyway,aren't they trying out a technology to be inserted into the match ball?i think a sensor thingy to make sure if the ball crosses the goal line...

back to the topic...
some of y'all Arsenal fans are really bad losers...
laugh.gif
there's noshame in losing to the CHAMPS,you know...
wink.gif

and y'all can talk about Rooney's penalty or Fletcher's challenge on Eduardo as much as you want...
referees only have a split-second to make decisions...they call it the way they see it...
sometimes they get it right and sometimes they don't but isn't that what makes this game interesting?
and i have to say this,Arsenaldidn't have the mental toughness to overcome Man Utd on that day...
the score was still locked at 1-1 after Rooney's penalty but they self-destructed after that...
instead of rallying forward like they always do,they lost concentration and conceded an own goal...

YES,Arsenal played better than Man Utd that day...
YES,Arsenal didn't deserve to lose that game...
but NO,Arsenal just couldn't dig deep inside themselves to make that 3pts their own...

Like it or not, Spurs have more trophies than SCUM in the past few years. We can talk about 2004 all night if you want, but 0 trophies recently is 0 trophies.
I'd rather make the knockout round of the Champions League every single season and be out of it by the quarter finals than win any LeagueCups, those things are worthless. Prior to the 2008 Carling Cup Semis, Spurs hadn't beaten the mighty Arsenal since 1999.

If you really want to talk trophies, regardless of their import, Spurs have 1 trophy in the last 3 seasons, but after that your next is another sweet LeagueCup from 1999. Arsenal has 5 in that time, 3 FA Cups and 2 Premier League titles, sadly none of those cool League Cups everyone's been talking aboutthough. Not to mention Arsenal were runners up in the 05/06 Champions League, but its not fair to count as anything since you've never been in theChampions League.

You'll always be second best in North London.

Originally Posted by c0nf0cal

Who's Cantona?
tongue.gif

I always forget there is a decent football thread on here. I was loving the Rooney diving arguments. I understand the hate, because I think the Eduardo ban was ridiculous too. The thing is, BOTH incidents (not sure why these are being so seriously compared other than their proximity in the fixture list) are down to terrible terrible goal keeping. Boruc had no business pulling out of that tackle. Had he swatted the ball, there wouldn't have been an eye blinked over that foul. Had Almunia had a brain between his ears, he wouldn't have been so indecisive on coming for the ball. Rooney had no support and Almunia really could have cut the angle on a shot. Almunia is a bad keeper, I don't know when anyone at Arsenal will get this.

How about Arshevin's goal though? Son can hit the ball. He should have had penalty a few seconds earlier. No idea what Fletcher was thinking making that sort of tackle. Foul and a hand ball.
See, this is a dude I can respect. Very balanced opinion and I think he's a Man Utd. fan too.

I agree that Almunia is dreadful. I'll never forgive him for allowing the 2-soft goals he allowed to Barcelona in the 06 UCL finals. Any decent goaliewould've stopped both shots
smh.gif

Although it wasn't decisive, he should've saved the C. Ronaldo free kick goal in last season's UCL semi-finals. Almunia just flat out sucks butWenger is probably going to wait another 7 years for one of his prospect goalies to develop
indifferent.gif

Big day tomorrow...I expect a couple of significant signings to be made by some EPL clubs.

Originally Posted by babam11218719

So wait the deadline has not passed yet? For some reason I thought the deadline would be August 31st.
No, it runs for another 10 hours (noon eastern tomorrow) because today was a bank holiday in the UK

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by c0nf0cal

Who's Cantona?
tongue.gif

I always forget there is a decent football thread on here. I was loving the Rooney diving arguments. I understand the hate, because I think the Eduardo ban was ridiculous too. The thing is, BOTH incidents (not sure why these are being so seriously compared other than their proximity in the fixture list) are down to terrible terrible goal keeping. Boruc had no business pulling out of that tackle. Had he swatted the ball, there wouldn't have been an eye blinked over that foul. Had Almunia had a brain between his ears, he wouldn't have been so indecisive on coming for the ball. Rooney had no support and Almunia really could have cut the angle on a shot. Almunia is a bad keeper, I don't know when anyone at Arsenal will get this.

How about Arshevin's goal though? Son can hit the ball. He should have had penalty a few seconds earlier. No idea what Fletcher was thinking making that sort of tackle. Foul and a hand ball.
See, this is a dude I can respect. Very balanced opinion and I think he's a Man Utd. fan too.

I agree that Almunia is dreadful. I'll never forgive him for allowing the 2-soft goals he allowed to Barcelona in the 06 UCL finals. Any decent goalie would've stopped both shots
smh.gif

Although it wasn't decisive, he should've saved the C. Ronaldo free kick goal in last season's UCL semi-finals. Almunia just flat out sucks but Wenger is probably going to wait another 7 years for one of his prospect goalies to develop
indifferent.gif

Big day tomorrow...I expect a couple of significant signings to be made by some EPL clubs.
someone on here was trying to tell me alumnia was a top 5 keeper in the world . i personally donte rate him that highly. arsenal should get a newgk.

Almunia is in the top 5 in the world, imo. But he is behind Valdes, Casillas, but I do think he's become better than Buffon as of lately, you guys arebeing too hard on him, he really is a great goalie, even though we got crushed 2nd leg last year semi's in the CL, the way he played only made us lose ourfirst leg at OT 1-0 with those crazy saves. When Almunia is on his game, he's definitely top 5 in the world.

Btw, I know who Cantona is, it was a joke.
laugh.gif

Almunia is in the top 5 in the world, imo. But he is behind Valdes, Casillas, but I do think he's become better than Buffon as of lately, you guys are being too hard on him, he really is a great goalie, even though we got crushed 2nd leg last year semi's in the CL, the way he played only made us lose our first leg at OT 1-0 with those crazy saves. When Almunia is on his game, he's definitely top 5 in the world.

laugh.gif
not to be rude but Alumnia isnt that great of a goalie. I dont know anybody wh o would even consider him top % in the world. IMO Buffon, Valdes,Casillas, Cech, Given, Van der Sar, Dida are all better then him and im pretty sure there is a few more keepers im forgetting to mention

Originally Posted by BlackMomo

Almunia is in the top 5 in the world, imo. But he is behind Valdes, Casillas, but I do think he's become better than Buffon as of lately, you guys are being too hard on him, he really is a great goalie, even though we got crushed 2nd leg last year semi's in the CL, the way he played only made us lose our first leg at OT 1-0 with those crazy saves. When Almunia is on his game, he's definitely top 5 in the world.

laugh.gif
not to be rude but Alumnia isnt that great of a goalie. I dont know anybody wh o would even consider him top % in the world. IMO Buffon, Valdes, Casillas, Cech, Given, Van der Sar, DIDA are all better then him and im pretty sure there is a few more keepers im forgetting to mention
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Van Der Sar is too old, Given and Cech are overrated imo, and Dida WAS nasty...has been a good 2-3 years since that man has been on his game.

An old Van der Sar and an overrated Given (i think he is underrated) and Cech are still better then Almunia. I'm a Chelsea fan but i have Arsenal fans whoalso agree and dont think almunia is that good

This conversation has gotten silly, but what is sillier is no comment on Julio Cesar when talking about the world's best keepers right now. That is noteven taking to account someone like Sebasten Frey (another guy whose career has been screwed by Domenech) or a player like Rene Adler who I rate more thanAlmunia.

Almunia is mediocre but he isn't as big of a problem as the overall lack of depth on our team. He does have some good matches but I've found him to beway too inconsistent.

It doesn't matter if Van der sar is old, unlike position players, keepers can still be elite into their late-30s. I hate Chelsea but Peter Cech is probablythe best keeper in the world. If anyone is over-rated out of the big 3 keepers (Buffon, Cech, Casillas) its Iker Casillas.

Given is also another superb Premiership keeper who finally has some good defenders in front of him.

Edit: Tim Howard, David James and Brad Friedal are probably better than Almunia too.

best gk's in no particular order
iker
buffon
cech
vds
akinfeev
schklenberg(sp? i dont speak freaky dutch)
julio ceasar
valdes
mandanda
ustari
reyna
and a retired santiago canazires

almunia is prob not even top 3 in the pecking order for the spanish national team

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Almunia is mediocre but he isn't as big of a problem as the overall lack of depth on our team. He does have some good matches but I've found him to be way too inconsistent.

It doesn't matter if Van der sar is old, unlike position players, keepers can still be elite into their late-30s. I hate Chelsea but Peter Cech is probably the best keeper in the world. If anyone is over-rated out of the big 3 keepers (Buffon, Cech, Casillas) its Iker Casillas.

Given is also another superb Premiership keeper who finally has some good defenders in front of him.

Edit: Tim Howard, David James and Brad Friedal are probably better than Almunia too.
pretty much summed it up. dont think iker is overated though personally.

Originally Posted by babam11218719

I don't come in here often but I really did not know Spurs fans were riding that one Carling Cup trophy as hard as they have been. If a Man Utd, Pool, or Chelsea supporter wants to talk trophies fine. Hell, even Portsmouth with their FA Cup not too long ago may be able to talk. But come on, one Carling Cup trophy. Everyone knows Arsenal have not won a trophy since 2005 but let the supporters of teams who have won real trophies consistently throw that jab.

what? the talk was and will remain between Spurs and SCUM. You're right about the other teams. If you want to talk REAL trophies why don't we bring inall the Barca fans to REALLY end the conversation. ****

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

best gk's in no particular order
iker
buffon
cech
vds
akinfeev
schklenberg(sp? i dont speak freaky dutch)
julio ceasar
valdes
mandanda
ustari
reyna
and a retired santiago canazires

almunia is prob not even top 3 in the pecking order for the spanish national team

NOT ONE American GK on this list?
tired.gif

fine i'll throw in brad friedel. tim howard is good but i wanna see another year of his form from last year/this summer before i add him. this is my listyou guys can provide your own as well..not forcing my opinions on you.

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

tim hoawrd is good but i wanna see another year of his form from last year/this summer before i add him.
fair enough i guess

Gulliermo Ochoa has to be in the top 7 in goal keepers in the world. He's still somewhat under the radar since he plays for Club America of Mexico, butman, this kid is a flying wall.

Back
Top Bottom