Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

After hurting his ankle in the second quarter, Niners workhorse running back Frank Gore was a frustrated spectator during San Francisco's 13-8 win over the Bengals on Sunday.

Kendall Hunter scored the go-ahead touchdown on a 7-yard run with 3:59 left, and the rookie remained on the field to carry the ball five more times for 2 yards on the final two drives as Gore watched.

Gore (17 carries, 42 yards) said the injury to his right ankle made it difficult to cut, and the stat sheet offers evidence: 11 yards on eight carries after halftime. But his sore ankle wasn't serious enough to prevent him from playing, and he wanted to be more involved in the game's latter stages.

Niners coach Jim Harbaugh said Hunter was "getting more snaps later in the game in response to Frank's ankle."

Harbaugh said he would have challenged the call that wiped out wide receiver Michael Crabtree's leaping 10-yard touchdown catch in the third quarter, but a replay wasn't immediately available.
Crabtree was ruled to have stepped out of the back of the end zone and come back in to make the catch, resulting in a 5-yard illegal touching penalty. Crabtree said he wasn't sure if he stepped out and FOX was tardy in showing a replay.

"We had no replay view of it," Harbaugh said. "And the official threw his hat early, and we figured he saw it."

After hurting his ankle in the second quarter, Niners workhorse running back Frank Gore was a frustrated spectator during San Francisco's 13-8 win over the Bengals on Sunday.

Kendall Hunter scored the go-ahead touchdown on a 7-yard run with 3:59 left, and the rookie remained on the field to carry the ball five more times for 2 yards on the final two drives as Gore watched.

Gore (17 carries, 42 yards) said the injury to his right ankle made it difficult to cut, and the stat sheet offers evidence: 11 yards on eight carries after halftime. But his sore ankle wasn't serious enough to prevent him from playing, and he wanted to be more involved in the game's latter stages.

Niners coach Jim Harbaugh said Hunter was "getting more snaps later in the game in response to Frank's ankle."

Harbaugh said he would have challenged the call that wiped out wide receiver Michael Crabtree's leaping 10-yard touchdown catch in the third quarter, but a replay wasn't immediately available.
Crabtree was ruled to have stepped out of the back of the end zone and come back in to make the catch, resulting in a 5-yard illegal touching penalty. Crabtree said he wasn't sure if he stepped out and FOX was tardy in showing a replay.

"We had no replay view of it," Harbaugh said. "And the official threw his hat early, and we figured he saw it."

The numbers entering Week 4:

49ers (2-1): 32nd total offense (213.7 yards), 30th rushing (69.7 yards), 28th passing (144.0 yards)

49ers: 7th total defense (306.3 yards), 3rd rushing (62.7), 16th passing (243.7)

Alex Smith’s 11 sacks are tied for the fourth-most in the league behind Jay Cutler (14), Tavaris Jackson (14) and Matt Ryan (13)

Frank Gore has rushed for 148 yards (23rd most) at an average of 2.5 yards per carry, which ranks 44th.

The 49ers’ defense has recorded five interceptions, second only to the Buffalo Bills’ six.

The 49ers rank first with 39.7 yards per kickoff return; eighth with 13.0 yards per punt return.
Alex Smith’s 504 yards passing rank 28th, his 6.8-yards-per-attemp rank 22nd and his 91.3 passer rating is 13th.

http://blogs.mercurynews....-in-nfl-last-on-offense/

The numbers entering Week 4:

49ers (2-1): 32nd total offense (213.7 yards), 30th rushing (69.7 yards), 28th passing (144.0 yards)

49ers: 7th total defense (306.3 yards), 3rd rushing (62.7), 16th passing (243.7)

Alex Smith’s 11 sacks are tied for the fourth-most in the league behind Jay Cutler (14), Tavaris Jackson (14) and Matt Ryan (13)

Frank Gore has rushed for 148 yards (23rd most) at an average of 2.5 yards per carry, which ranks 44th.

The 49ers’ defense has recorded five interceptions, second only to the Buffalo Bills’ six.

The 49ers rank first with 39.7 yards per kickoff return; eighth with 13.0 yards per punt return.
Alex Smith’s 504 yards passing rank 28th, his 6.8-yards-per-attemp rank 22nd and his 91.3 passer rating is 13th.

http://blogs.mercurynews....-in-nfl-last-on-offense/

So I have the Eagles' defense on my fantasy team, and I don't think I can play them against the 49ers. 
embarassed.gif
 I hope Vick doesn't play so we can upset them in Philly. 
pimp.gif

So I have the Eagles' defense on my fantasy team, and I don't think I can play them against the 49ers. 
embarassed.gif
 I hope Vick doesn't play so we can upset them in Philly. 
pimp.gif

I predicted a 6-2 start to the season, glad we're still on pace for that.

Revenge game against Tampa Bay next week, lets get it
pimp.gif

I predicted a 6-2 start to the season, glad we're still on pace for that.

Revenge game against Tampa Bay next week, lets get it
pimp.gif

[h1]
[h1]Jim Harbaugh turning 49ers into believers, winners[/h1]
By JANIE McCAULEY, AP Sports Writer 31 minutes ago

SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP)—Jim Harbaugh took a window seat alongside his players for San Francisco’s cross country charter flight home from Philadelphia. Cornerback Carlos Rogers(notes) had never seen anything like it: an NFL coach in coach.

Harbaugh gave up his first-class spot to center Jonathan Goodwin(notes).

“He’s a blue-collar guy, blue-collar coach,
[/h1]

[h1]

SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP)—Jim Harbaugh took a window seat alongside his players for San Francisco’s cross country charter flight home from Philadelphia. Cornerback Carlos Rogers(notes) had never seen anything like it: an NFL coach in coach.

[/h1]

Originally Posted by dland24

[h1]

[/h1]

Originally Posted by dland24

[h1]

[/h1]

Back
Top Bottom