Official Aime Leon Dore Thread

Not the biggest Noah fan but they take time to explain to customers the cost & process of what it takes to make some of their clothes.

Would be curious to see ALD provide some insight.

Lol that will never happen. They have become too big to do that. It’s all business now.

Lol that will never happen. They have become too big to do that. It’s all business now.

Of course!

It's rare that a brand - Noah - even did/does that.

Brands are about making money, bottom line. They don't have to explain themselves. You don't like....you don't buy.

Wondering what the cost on these items, the price point seems at about 80% profit
The profit on these things is in the hundreds of percents not 80. An $80 moleskin cap costs less then $20 to make. Maybe even less than $10.
$400 Wool Plaid shirt? Probably costs $20-$30 to make.

Let's also not discount pricing due to global supply shortages and customs due to strained china-US relations. Shipping costs on containers through the Suez Canal. All adds up, but profit is still substantial.

Last edited:
Of course!

It's rare that a brand - Noah - even did/does that.

Brands are about making money, bottom line. They don't have to explain themselves. You don't like....you don't buy.

Im with you though… it would be great to see a larger brand do that. Maybe someone will take that challenge on some time. Regardless, it looks like ALD pricing is just going to go up and up, as is the case with brands like JE. They want to be in an elevated category from this point forward. The product remains the same or even diminishes in quality, but pricing increases.

I just went back to the FW 20 look book, which I went heavy on and have a lot of pieces from. That was far superior to this fall winter collection IMO.
Just need to pick up some Casentino wool this season, which I regrettably passed on last year.

Honestly almost every piece of clothing released today is beautiful & great....but I just can't justify the prices.

I know quality is on point, but.....

:ohwell:
The high price point, outstanding look-books, and accessible designs make ALD desirable among sneakerheads looking to step up their fashion game. This 90's nostalgia has been hot for a while and ALD is leading the wave along with New Balance. Having said that, I'd rather spend my money on some Japanese or European jawnz much cheaper and unique than what ALD offers.

The high price point, outstanding look-books, and accessible designs make ALD desirable among sneakerheads looking to step up their fashion game. This 90's nostalgia has been hot for a while and ALD is leading the wave along with New Balance. Having said that, I'd rather spend my money on some Japanese or European jawnz much cheaper and unique than what ALD offers.
just grab a regular 59 fifty fitted. these prices are wild. beams plus Japan makes excellent clothes

Delivery 1

D5208D33-DC8E-491F-9047-6BE0DF0C18F5.jpeg

Thanks bro.

Large, fit is similar to prior seasons. Maybe it’s just me but it seems a bit lighter in weight. Quality is on point though.

Gotcha. This was probably the first drop in a while where I haven't copped a crewneck haha. I was curious how it was.

-Drew

Seems like quality def changed with some items. Came to try my luck with the purple corduroy hat, but left with the Queens mesh shorts.

Back
Top Bottom