Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
laugh.gif

embarassed.gif

To those that successfully copped from the restock, well done gentlemen, well done.

I was at work and didn't even know about it until I checked my email hours later, but i'm also not really depressed about it. Restock took too long to come and I got over it. The fact I managed to cop the Black Toes on my own anyways (Which would've been the only Jordan 1's I tried to go for) probably helps as well.

those were size 14 and up

none of em were anything for us normal dudes :lol:

I know, the smallest size for the black/gold 1's was 16. I was just hoping that NDC would get them in my size. I can't see my self paying $1400 for them.

I'm gonna say this, and will take my lumps for it. No way should anyone pay 400+ for Royals. Wore mine yesterday and they are no better quality than my Gucci 1s. The new mold or whatever makes them more comfortable I remember 1s being, but kill that quality leather argument. Quality compared to products JB puts out, yes. Quality compared to leather, no.

I'm gonna say this, and will take my lumps for it. No way should anyone pay 400+ for Royals. Wore mine yesterday and they are no better quality than my Gucci 1s. The new mold or whatever makes them more comfortable I remember 1s being, but kill that quality leather argument. Quality compared to products JB puts out, yes. Quality compared to leather, no.
quality? 80% of the people who buy them don't give a damn about that

it's all about the colorway and being limited to them 
laugh.gif

Those Gucci I's from December 2012? The leather is better than those

And I don't think anyone said they're getting them for the great quality.

I can't tell a difference. Feels and wears the same to me. Maybe from reading about the quality of the leather on Royal 1s I set my expectations too high.

sometimes i think some people get too worked up over quality.  i mean, it's a nike shoe, its not some handmade, italian leather, designer joint.  it is what it is.  if you love 1's and love the black/royal colorway - then they are worth it.

Last edited:
In this case people def got worked up. I copped it because I like the shoe but was expecting more having read members posts about them. I'm satisfied.

Yah at this point i have settled with the fact that royals or any jordan will not be worth what we are paying for them.

For me it's about completing the set of recent OG 1's. I have all the others. 2001 pairs are looking more like the solid bet and i can just throw an insole in.

I stopped wearing 1s for a long time because they weren't comfortable. Got the Guccis on sale and found they waaaay improved in comfort. I had no problem with the royals all day straight out the box wear. Struck out on the bred and shadows, their the only other 1s id wear but wouldn't consider any resell more than 40 over box. I know I won't find in that price but eff it. I had given up on Royals too so you never know.

Last edited:
If any NT'ers got a 12.5 in the royals and want to swap for a 12 hit me up 
glasses.gif
 (my size 12 isnt from the restock though) 

I've given up trying to find Royals or BREDs for a price I'd pay ($200 or less). As a matter of fact I just picked up some DS, NIB Gtown 1's and I think I'll be happy with those. Classic kicks that I'd love to have but It's crazy what these are going for nowadays. I literally had an ebay seller offer me a "deal" on some BRED 1's for $350 >D .

I've given up trying to find Royals or BREDs for a price I'd pay ($200 or less). As a matter of fact I just picked up some DS, NIB Gtown 1's and I think I'll be happy with those. Classic kicks that I'd love to have but It's crazy what these are going for nowadays. I literally had an ebay seller offer me a "deal" on some BRED 1's for $350 >D .

200 or less?? Cmon FAM...

To those that successfully copped from the restock, well done gentlemen, well done.

I was at work and didn't even know about it until I checked my email hours later, but i'm also not really depressed about it. Restock took too long to come and I got over it. The fact I managed to cop the Black Toes on my own anyways (Which would've been the only Jordan 1's I tried to go for) probably helps as well.
Almost the same but I got the tweet on my phone. Tried to go for breds but I was late. I was able to add Laney's but I didn't end up buying them. Got the Concord lows and Kobe 9's this weekend anyway so that softened the blow

200 or less?? Cmon FAM...

YUP! It's restock or bust for me...

That's my rule of thumb for most retros though, with the exception of BRED IV's (grails). Unfortunately (or fortunately) I'm old enough to remember when a lot of these kicks came out. Like I said earlier in the thread...1's hit sale rack for like $60 when the were first introduced. All new release J's used to be $125.00. So, I just can't bring myself to pay double today's prices for kicks that are not nearly as good a quality as they were when they first came out.

Not knocking what anybody chooses to do with their money...I wish I had some of you guys' collection of 1's. For me, $200 is my limit.

YUP! It's restock or bust for me...

That's my rule of thumb for most retros though, with the exception of BRED IV's (grails). Unfortunately (or fortunately) I'm old enough to remember when a lot of these kicks came out. Like I said earlier in the thread...1's hit sale rack for like $60 when the were first introduced. All new release J's used to be $125.00. So, I just can't bring myself to pay double today's prices for kicks that are not nearly as good a quality as they were when they first came out.

Not knocking what anybody chooses to do with their money...I wish I had some of you guys' collection of 1's. For me, $200 is my limit.

jinkazama jinkazama I'm right with you! My exception was the black foams. Hell I found my Guccis on sale and that was the motivation to cop. A lot of folks are used to paying resale, I don't plan on being one of them. Those are my principalities! LOL

Back
Top Bottom