Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I'm feeling good because I just copped some breds. Would have loved to get them for retail, but I can live with $340.

Yah at this point i have settled with the fact that royals or any jordan will not be worth what we are paying for them.

For me it's about completing the set of recent OG 1's. I have all the others. 2001 pairs are looking more like the solid bet and i can just throw an insole in.
there worth whatever were willing to pay who is to say what's to much.people pay 400 dollars for a dam YSL screen print T

Legit check please

For the old heads in here and those that appreciate OG stuff. Went to one of CT's first "sneaker conventions" today in Bridgeport, ( mjmoney23 mjmoney23 I don't know if you ended up going but you didn't miss much) and for the most part it was a lot of young kids selling Lebrons and Foams and whatever just came out but there was one dude in the corner of the place that had a sick OG 1 collection. Let me take a few pictures, so without further ado...

And don't worry those Jordan 1 look alikes are not fakes, "replicas" started long ago, beginning with the Air Sangs, AAU & Stadias

awesome pics airgolden! I did not make it down to that...looks like I made the right choice haha. I think there is another sneaker convention in june in plantsville. Awesome ogs my man!

apparently i turned on airplane mode when going to bed minutes before the tweet was sent out. fml

so...am looking for breds in size 9 or 9.5. pm me your price. 
if you got a good nap then it was worth it because unless you were on your computer waiting for that tweet there wasn't much of a chance

YUP! It's restock or bust for me...

That's my rule of thumb for most retros though, with the exception of BRED IV's (grails). Unfortunately (or fortunately) I'm old enough to remember when a lot of these kicks came out. Like I said earlier in the thread...1's hit sale rack for like $60 when the were first introduced. All new release J's used to be $125.00. So, I just can't bring myself to pay double today's prices for kicks that are not nearly as good a quality as they were when they first came out.

Not knocking what anybody chooses to do with their money...I wish I had some of you guys' collection of 1's. For me, $200 is my limit.

I agree. I have a modest collection of Jordans, but the backbone of that collection are 1s. I was trying to get all the OGs colorways that released last year, but unfortunately I struck out on every pair.
I refuse to bite the bullet and pay resell. So far I have three Jordans in my collection that I paid over retail: Candy Pack 2 (red), Rivalry Pack AJKOs, and the Jordan x Nike SB. Most times I get stuff
under retail so it evens out, but we all have our limits. I paid over retail for the Rivalry pack because I have every pair of AJKOs (not the vintage 85 releases) and wanted to complete the collection. Since I don't even have a pair of the OG 1s they have become a non issue, my AJKO collection will have to suffice.

If you only pay retail then you need to get on the ball and find a way to get em on release. If you have a problem with what resale becomes then really its tough luck. They have gone to the world of collectibles as sad as that is to say. What kills me are people willing to go to a fcny and drop 600+ on a shoe.

If you only pay retail then you need to get on the ball and find a way to get em on release. If you have a problem with what resale becomes then really its tough luck. They have gone to the world of collectibles as sad as that is to say. What kills me are people willing to go to a fcny and drop 600+ on a shoe.
if you got it like that why not.I don't have it like that but if i did id drop in to flight club or any spot that has the sneakers i want and buy them all up  

I'm gonna say this, and will take my lumps for it. No way should anyone pay 400+ for Royals. Wore mine yesterday and they are no better quality than my Gucci 1s. The new mold or whatever makes them more comfortable I remember 1s being, but kill that quality leather argument. Quality compared to products JB puts out, yes. Quality compared to leather, no.

You're not alone, I would only ever spend over $250 on the '85 or '94 I's releases.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom