• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Umm it didn't on my CS pair but nothing on any of my other pairs

Hmm I'm not really sold just yet since it still can happen. It maybe once I really downsize my total collection. I've got 40 pairs of just AJ1s at this point. I only want 50'pairs of kicks total smh

This is how my CM1's look right now, the glitter appeared overnight covering the entire upper. They're my wet weather shoe if that's got anything to do with it.
My SBBs and recent NYC got hit hard, so I'm wondering if it's how I'm storing them
Many of us here think humidity does indeed have something to do with it. I tried washing and leather conditioner on my SBBs and it still came back after re-storing them. One guy on FB speculated that it may be a layer of finish on top of the paint that is hardening and breaking  causing the glitter. 
Y'all should throw some oil and leather conditioner on your 1s. I did it to the black portion of my b/reds with coconut oil and I haven't seen any glitter since and that was months ago.
Just everyday coconut oil or some special leather conditioner? 

Gotta love Nike. Last week everybody was saying the Triple blacks and Sails were going to sit and they would purchase on discount. Nike releases outside the United States and everybody can't live without the shoes. Supply and demand in full effect. They should have released the metallics and perforated 1's like that and buyers would have reacted the same way.
Fwiw I think the sails and tb will sit once they release in the states. These are just hyped at the moment because of limited stock.

Hmm I'm not really sold just yet since it still can happen. It maybe once I really downsize my total collection. I've got 40 pairs of just AJ1s at this point. I only want 50'pairs of kicks total smh

I been keeping my numbers down across the board. I think I got like 20 or so pairs of ones but I keep giving my doubles away to friends and stuff so that might be lower now.

The dropboxes are just so nice because its much easier to rock a variety of your stuff

Many of us here think humidity does indeed have something to do with it. I tried washing and leather conditioner on my SBBs and it still came back after re-storing them. One guy on FB speculated that it may be a layer of finish on top of the paint that is hardening and breaking  causing the glitter. 

Humidity is definitely a factor, glitter didn't appear on my Breds until that one week where it was 95-98 two days in a row (I live in NYC). They were glitter free the week before.

I want those triple blacks but for a MAJOR steal (like 80-90). I can't justify paying retail for them.

It doesn't help that RSBB and Black Toes are on my radar all of a sudden. I might just pick one and fall back until the winter.

UNDS today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeOtaku  

Humidity is definitely a factor, glitter didn't appear on my Breds until that one week where it was 95-98 two days in a row (I live in NYC). They were glitter free the week before.
Alright who on NT works in a lab? We need to send some glitter samples in and find out what this stuff is. 
laugh.gif

Can't completely say humidity is the factor, those Cyber 1's I took a picture of were in an AC controlled store with humidity controls. Also, I store all my shoes in their OG boxes and I don't have glitter except on one pair. Where I live the humidity is 80% all year round, some days much nastier than others.

Last edited:
Some people in the Stock X thread have had bad luck with Stock X too.
Yeah I couldn't believe it-they were really good fakes but the heel stitching was completely off on the pair I recieved. I'm glad they were were double up pair and I had an authentic pair for reference.

Stock X shoe is on the left, Eastbay on the right:

Last edited:

Yeah I couldn't believe it-they were really good fakes but the heel stitching was completely off on the pair I recieved. I'm glad they were were double up pair and I had an authentic pair for reference.

Stock X pair is on the left:
I don't see anything wrong.

JK. I'd be pissed too. Yeah, good thing it's just your double-up pair. I'd be even more upset if it was my only pair. I can totally see the uninformed not even knowing the difference if this is the only major flaw, especially considering how some would ignore such details.

Back
Top Bottom