Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
If you had glitter on them, then they would be rare.
mean.gif
 sad times man.

Saw the sparkles a couple weeks ago of my black/reds.
Had the shoes stored in low humidity, 65-75 degree climate.
In the box, no tissue paper. In a low to no light room.

Decided to put this on and the shoes are still glitter free (they are DS though)
Not sure if it will work long term. It's only been two weeks since application.
Gonna see if and when the glitter shows back up.
Hopefully this will prevent it, I would think it would.

I've been using this for years on everything leather I own.

Great lengths are taken to keep their 1's in great shape. I don't see the need
There are people who collect wine, action figures, cards, cars, motorcycles, cigars, etc.

They all try to get and keep things in as great of condition as possible. No different with shoes.

All of the above items collected by people are attempted to be stored and preserved as best as possible.

Minus the perishable items, the rest probably have cleaning and maintenance done accordingly.

If cleaning and moisturizing leather is great lengths, I'm not sure how fast your watch ticks. 

You obviously wear your shoes and don't mind what happens to them, which is cool, I do the same. 

Yet I still have some I will never wear. Even the shoes I wear, I still clean damn near every time.

For me, its just something I've always done and always will. I like my collection as fresh as possible every day. 

As stupid as it is to some, for me its a point of internal pride. Hell, I'm used to people thinking I'm silly, I collect shoes for starters.

I agree a new thread should be made, but I think a lot of people are just trying to figure out preservation methods. 

What is the cause, what is the most effective method to clean, stop damage, and preserve the collection/item they deem important.

Isn't the whole reason anyone buys a lot of shoes is to have fresh kicks at all times? Or for a personal collection. 

If not, might as well just start buying a pair and beat them up and throw them away at that point. No need to clean them ever. 

There are people who collect wine, action figures, cards, cars, motorcycles, cigars, etc.
They all try to get and keep things in as great of condition as possible. No different with shoes.
All of the above items collected by people are attempted to be stored and preserved as best as possible.
Minus the perishable items, the rest probably have cleaning and maintenance done accordingly.
If cleaning and moisturizing leather is great lengths, I'm not sure how fast your watch ticks. 

You obviously wear your shoes and don't mind what happens to them, which is cool, I do the same. 
Yet I still have some I will never wear. Even the shoes I wear, I still clean damn near every time.
For me, its just something I've always done and always will. I like my collection as fresh as possible every day. 
As stupid as it is to some, for me its a point of internal pride. Hell, I'm used to people thinking I'm silly, I collect shoes for starters.

I agree a new thread should be made, but I think a lot of people are just trying to figure out preservation methods. 
What is the cause, what is the most effective method to clean, stop damage, and preserve the collection/item they deem important.

Isn't the whole reason anyone buys a lot of shoes is to have fresh kicks at all times? Or for a personal collection. 
If not, might as well just start buying a pair and beat them up and throw them away at that point. No need to clean them ever. 

Except for collecting action figures and cards, all the things you mentioned are much more socially acceptable than collecting sneakers though.

solecitor solecitor thank you for such a well worded response man.

Dudes in here are acting like it's not a big deal that a pair of shoes less than 1 year old are starting to show signs of mold smh.

Like many others I almost collect only jordan 1s at this point because it's a shoe I know I will be able to wear for years to come. In fact I just stopped wearing my DMP breds about a year ago and I'm finally getting a chance to enjoy the 13 model now. I bought multiple pairs of 16 model because in my opinion it's one of the best done versions of bred 1s that have been accessible to me since I started focusing on this particular model (I missed the 11 banneds).

If I'm already seeing cause for concern, yeah I'm gonna reach out and figure A. The cause or B. How to prevent further damage.

It's sad to see this thread change to a state where we can't even ask 1 related questions (this problem seems to only effect jordan 1s so it's very on topic).

Except for collecting action figures and cards, all the things you mentioned are much more socially acceptable than collecting sneakers though.

You realize sneakers are a billion dollar industry right? I mean I know the mass majority doesn't really care about how "special" your kicks are but sneaker collecting is much more mainstream than it was even just 10 years ago. There are many that would argue sneaker collecting is this generations "card collecting". I mean there are people who go through great lengths to protect and preserve stamps.

I'm assuming that by being on NT you are also more apt to collect sneakers than stamps as well, but who knows you could be SgtStamp collector too.

Last edited:
You realize sneakers are a billion dollar industry right? I mean I know the mass majority doesn't really care about how "special" your kicks are but sneaker collecting is much more mainstream than it was even just 10 years ago. There are many that would argue sneaker collecting is this generations "card collecting". I mean there are people who go through great lengths to protect and preserve stamps.

I'm assuming that by being on NT you are also more apt to collect sneakers than stamps as well, but who knows you could be SgtStamp collector too.

You answered your own question by saying the mass majority, collecting shoes or anything could be seen as pointless don't understand what your getting at

Last edited:
Nice shoes man but in the first picture is there something wrong with em like a black spot on the right shoe on the tip?? Or it's just the picture ??

i know they're "just shoes" and "enjoy them" but it's discouraging knowing it's a risk stocking up on 1's if you're toying with mold/glitter build up. I actually sold off all my collection sans 1's based off longevity, I'm thinking 15-20 years down the line, but this glitter thing is discouraging.

I did the exact same thing

mine have no signs of issues tho

I haven't put anything on them or done anything to stop it either

hopefully it never happens

I kept sbs and af1s for the same reason as i did aj1s

i know they're "just shoes" and "enjoy them" but it's discouraging knowing it's a risk stocking up on 1's if you're toying with mold/glitter build up. I actually sold off all my collection sans 1's based off longevity, I'm thinking 15-20 years down the line, but this glitter thing is discouraging.

I did the exact same thing

mine have no signs of issues tho

I haven't put anything on them or done anything to stop it either

hopefully it never happens

I kept sbs and af1s for the same reason as i did aj1s

Yea man :smokin the versatility of 1's make it an easy transition IMO

Way too much here. Way too much. I just explained my side about me not feeling the need. Thats all. I apologize for not needing to keep them pristine. MY FAULT.

Just some shoes man. Shoes.

So what you saw was multiple damaged, un-saleable pairs at an outlet? Did you let any of the staff know? Seems like they would've pulled those off the shelf if it was that serious.
yeah they looked terrible..I told one guy at the counter he gave me the cracker get outta here stare and I left.

Last edited:
Way too much here. Way too much. I just explained my side about me not feeling the need. Thats all. I apologize for not needing to keep them pristine. MY FAULT.

You're in a shoe forum, trying to clown people for taking care of the shoes that THEY bought with THEIR OWN money? [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]‍♂️

I never understood this. We all go through who knows what to get the shoes we want, whether it's standing in long lines or driving around getting tickets. So why not take care of them? Every single thing collected is someone else's junk. But that shouldn't affect you or your way of thinking.

Personally, trading cards are just cardboard. But does that take away from the value? Nope...

Maybe too long, but hard to explain in less words.
Don't apologize for your opinion, I'm not sorry for mine.

How many hours have you wasted away in your life on NT?
Let alone purchasing. Or checking on release dates, prices, value.
Just some shoes being talked on a shoe site for hours on hours.

My take on what is being discussed...

People will go through great lengths to keep their shoes pristine and that's okay. It doesn't hurt anybody. We shouldn't shun them for it.

People wear their kicks with no care in the world because they won't stay new forever and that's okay. Some like the "it gives the shoes character." It doesn't hurt anybody. We shouldn't shun them for it.

People will agree to disagree on certain topics. It's the nature of the beast.

Now, starting a new thread about the glittery specs occurring on the shoes, that is considered taboo. No need for it. The sneaker care/maintenance thread would be a great place to talk about that since some want to know what the best way to prevent it or the best way to clean it off.

We have collectors that enjoy buying to collect and we have resellers that are in it for the money. Some might not like the other person does or may not understand the concept but, it is what it is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom