Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I have all my 1’s on a shelf and not one of them have that glitter stuff. It might have to do with humidity.

Well those black Nike Air boxes don't have any ventilation what so ever so you could be on to something.

I've got 1's that I haven't removed the lid on since the day I got them. Guess I'll see what that glitter life is about when I pop the top on them one day. I've never experienced the glitter but don't necessarily look for it either.

Pics of the mold or it didn't happen. This whole "glitter gate" stuff is all an over reaction imo. I'll be damn if I'm going to be "pulling my shoes shoes out regularly" to check for glitter. I won't discredit your concern by saying it's a non issue which I've always said. It's officially an issue at this point, it shouldn't happen. But again, the stuff wipes right off. Will not permanently damage the shoes unless your wiping them with chemicals.

Last edited:
Waiting for the two days of winter in houston to break these out

On my pairs the glitter never truly goes away. Once it thickens up the top layer comes off when wiped but it still stays somewhat. Always take paper out the box and I wear em about once a week. I saw some royal 1 lows at an outlet that had it bad and all pairs were turning white from it.

On my pairs the glitter never truly goes away. Once it thickens up the top layer comes off when wiped but it still stays somewhat. Always take paper out the box and I wear em about once a week. I saw some royal 1 lows at an outlet that had it bad and all pairs were turning white from it.

So what you saw was multiple damaged, un-saleable pairs at an outlet? Did you let any of the staff know? Seems like they would've pulled those off the shelf if it was that serious.

Last edited:
i know they're "just shoes" and "enjoy them" but it's discouraging knowing it's a risk stocking up on 1's if you're toying with mold/glitter build up. I actually sold off all my collection sans 1's based off longevity, I'm thinking 15-20 years down the line, but this glitter thing is discouraging.

I wear all my ones constantly rotating threw all 20 pairs. Never had glitter issues at all. [emoji]128526[/emoji]

Same here man
No glitter here [emoji]128077[/emoji]
I think if they are kept in the box they get lonely and cry glitter [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
It does start to turn white if you leave it. I've worn these once. Box, no paper. Admittadely not the best climate for a few weeks in 2017 when the weather broke and I had windows open for a few weeks, it was hot upstairs.

anybody want a $20 FNL rewards circle thingy? it expires on 7/17/17. shoot me a message (if i don't respond you didn't get it).

Thanks!
GONE

Last edited:
Pics of the mold or it didn't happen. This whole "glitter gate" stuff is all an over reaction imo. I'll be damn if I'm going to be "pulling my shoes shoes out regularly" to check for glitter. I won't discredit your concern by saying it's a non issue which I've always said. It's officially an issue at this point, it shouldn't happen. But again, the stuff wipes right off. Will not permanently damage the shoes unless your wiping them with chemicals.

Last edited:

Saw the sparkles a couple weeks ago of my black/reds.
Had the shoes stored in low humidity, 65-75 degree climate.
In the box, no tissue paper. In a low to no light room.

Decided to put this on and the shoes are still glitter free (they are DS though)
Not sure if it will work long term. It's only been two weeks since application.
Gonna see if and when the glitter shows back up.
Hopefully this will prevent it, I would think it would.

Had to check on my DS '13 blk/rd 1s after skimming over a few pages and happy to say no glitter to be found. Applied some Kiwi leather lotion just in case.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom