Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
OK guys so this glitter gate I got to know does anybody here know what causes it I don't really care that there's glitter on my shoes honestly I just wanna know what causes it ?

I'm in for the POMB. Just kooky enough they work.
Speaking of kooky, a glittergate update.
I bought some stuff called leather honey on Amazon. So far I've applied it to the NYC and let them sit overnight and all day til I got home from work. I buffed it off and damn they look better than they did new.
Hopefully this keeps the glitter off.
This stuff is waaay different than any conditioner I've used before, it's almost a wax.
I am only applying to the black leather parts.
I have applied it to my sbb and will buff tomorrow. I'm really optimistic about this stuff.
I will prob do one pair a day on all the ones that have the issue (about 7 pairs).
Got any pics?

OK guys so this glitter gate I got to know does anybody here know what causes it I don't really care that there's glitter on my shoes honestly I just wanna know what causes it ?

It's pretty much all speculation at this point. The consensus however, is that it's the process Nike took when the leather was treated. I don't know what page it's on, but someone broke it down that the glitter effect is a direct result of the leather being treated in a particular way.

It's pretty much all speculation at this point. The consensus however, is that it's the process Nike took when the leather was treated. I don't know what page it's on, but someone broke it down that the glitter effect is a direct result of the leather being treated in a particular way.
yeah I remember someone talking about it and giving some good explanations for what causes the glitter. I would try and look back in the thread but it's a pain to do it on the new NT layout

IMG_0664.JPG
Got any pics?
Here's what the end result is.
I applied, sat 24 hours, then buffed off with a cloth diaper.
The black looks very good, real deep.
I'll show you the sbb later.

I live in NY, but the house is always at about 72 degrees with little to no humidity year round.

My spot is the same, and I monitor temperature and humidity in the closet. Still getting glitter on a couple of 1s. Interestingly enough, Royals haven't been affected. Go figure.

I live in NY, but the house is always at about 72 degrees with little to no humidity year round.

Sounds like you and I have similar set-ups. I am starting to think this has nothing to do with storage the more and more I hear how people have their shoes stored.

Unloading most of my 1's...I really only wear the breds/royals and sometimes the sbb's. Probably will cop the royal fk1's though

Having the trinity (once the shadows drop) is really all you need tbh, the SBB's are just a nice addition

I thought that was from receipts, at least that's what caused it on my All Star's.
Man if it was only that easy. I've had it happen to shoes with no reciept as well as with them. And if it was ink which I believe it's not I would think we would have a remedy by now.

Unloading most of my 1's...I really only wear the breds/royals and sometimes the sbb's. Probably will cop the royal fk1's though

Having the trinity (once the shadows drop) is really all you need tbh, the SBB's are just a nice addition
I need another pair of black and whites (got rid of 2..worst choice) and a few shadows and I'm completely content with my 1s collection..I do want to add more black toes too..but it seems the black/white..shadows..and black toes..can be worn with anything so I may get rid of my banneds and royals or just keep 1 of each

I don't think humidity has anything to do with it. I am at the conclusion it's the chemical breakdown of the black paint. We know that it only affects black areas. I had this on my uprise sbs in the black areas though they are suede.
I am hopeful that leather honey does its job and at least mitigates it-I'd rather clean them twice a year than once a week, as it the case with baby wipes and water based leather lotions.
This stuff is like 19 bucks for 8 oz but very little is required.

@Yafayn .... My reds don't have the 'r' on it (like my CHIs and SBBs) but the navys do like virtually all of the other remastereds outside of the top of '15. Both mettalics I got came from footstores -- navys (FTL) and reds (FTA) -- and there's no noticeable difference in leather thickness.

Attachments

• IMG_7263.JPG
    IMG_7263.JPG
    256.4 KB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom