Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
B/reds looking nicely beat. 31 days. I even dig the scuff marks. The only gripe I have is that the sole gets real thin toward the balls if the feet. I guess older model 1s sans 01s used to have more durable rubber on the outsoles cuz I could press that part in with little to no effort. Almost 01 level of thinness but with way better insoles. The uppers are like tanks with the tumbled leather though. I tried to give it more wrinkles but it would just bounce back. Oh if your feet sweat the sweat will stain the bottom of the heels. Hence the dark areas. Oh yeah the glitter issue is nonexistent now lol

20180602_193339.jpg 20180602_192852.jpg 20180602_193703.jpg 20180602_193159.jpg 20180602_193225.jpg 20180602_193034.jpg 20180602_193051.jpg 20180602_193405.jpg 20180602_192959.jpg 20180602_193459.jpg

Last edited:
Shoe world is a very diverse place

This isn’t a knock to you, 0takusamsay 0takusamsay as I appreciate what you are doing

But there’s people on both ends of the spectrum, some that can appreciate wear and tear on kicks, and some that go thru the hassle of cleaning after each wear and treating the shoes like mint condition, I just appreciate how we indulge in this hobby on different levels, but still love at the end of the day

I like my kicks looking as close to new as possible. To each their own.

Funny enough, my Metallic Reds are BEAT! Maybe I’ll post a pic.

This isn’t a knock to you, 0takusamsay 0takusamsay as I appreciate what you are doing

But there’s people on both ends of the spectrum, some that can appreciate wear and tear on kicks, and some that go thru the hassle of cleaning after each wear and treating the shoes like mint condition, I just appreciate how we indulge in this hobby on different levels, but still love at the end of the day

For me it depends on the shoe lol I would never put this amount of wear on my flyknit trainers. I want to keep those as crispy as possible but with 1s I just like beating them up because it gives them a nice vintage feel imo. I guess it's because I got into collecting differently from a lot of people. I had to buy beaters because they were grail status for me and I couldn't afford DS pairs so I got used to wearing yellowed, wrinkled, cracking Jordan's and Dunks it was rare back then to find a DS pair that wasn't breaking my bank or was even available at the time. One of the biggest cops for me back then was getting the MF DOOM Dunk SB's worn with no box for 100 bucks when they were going for 3-400 D'S. Also my 2 first pairs of 1s were 85 B/reds and beat 01 royals

Any suggestions on how to get my Metallic red 1s to look off white or sail? I like the vintage look on white based 1s. I really like how they did the off white and red KOs

Keeping them in light maybe?

Wear them like crazy and mad sun exposure. Neglect neglect neglect. I think bleach will also oxidize the leather/rubber to make to give them a nice vintage looking tint.

I’ve surprisingly never had a issue with seller shipping on stockx. I’m bettering the seller either caught them on sale anyways or just has super buyers remorse and needs that bread.
Unfortunately for me I have had quite a few back sellers not ship to me....

Ipersonally feel weird in brand new looking shoes. Especially white ones like the cement 4. I like to keep the 'patina' on them to some degree. But I also dont wear them all the time. I treat them like I would a dope jacket. I cant see myself breaking out any reshoevinator kit unless I got caught up in a field of mud or something. I like when they look like theyve been apart of my life. But not beat to death either.

At the same time I have sneakers I like just as much but they get abused, beaters to a degree but i dont wear wack ****. Theyre purchased for that specific reason. They need to age well.

Metallic navy’s really shot up in price.

Yeah it’s so odd on StockX it was $100-130 range for a while, and now lowest ask(10-10.5) is $175...no one wanted these when they were sitting on NDC for $100. I’d love to find a DS pair for $120-130 shipped right now.

I absolutely LOVED them in pictures (which must’ve been filtered), but in person the blue is just too dull for my taste. I still like them, but don’t love them. So I’m planning to flip them for Royals.

E13CC86D-51B2-4B8B-97D3-8C85A7A426A8.jpeg

I absolutely LOVED them in pictures (which must’ve been filtered), but in person the blue is just too dull for my taste. I still like them, but don’t love them. So I’m planning to flip them for Royals.

E13CC86D-51B2-4B8B-97D3-8C85A7A426A8.jpeg

I felt the same way from original pictures, and was fooled when I picked em up, but yours do that dull suede proper justice :lol:

Long shot....anyone know where I can get the lacetips to the DSM 1's? Or anyone have their OG laces to them I can buy? My pair is missing one of the blue Jumpman caps that screws onto the tip.

yeah, i recently bought metallic reds and was gonna grab blues as well, but wasn't with that price. i felt reds are better so i went with those. wish i'da copped when they were basically free.

Back
Top Bottom