Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
0takusamsay 0takusamsay love the red laces in the sails. Only seen a handful of people do it and I don't get why more ppl don't do it.

And I don't think I've ever seen frags w the blue laces in. Everybody keeps them w the black but I think the blue laces would be

I also wear my black toes w black tongue with the red laces so maybe it's just me. I like a lot of the alternate laces in 1s.

0takusamsay 0takusamsay love the red laces in the sails. Only seen a handful of people do it and I don't get why more ppl don't do it.

And I don't think I've ever seen frags w the blue laces in. Everybody keeps them w the black but I think the blue laces would be

I also wear my black toes w black tongue with the red laces so maybe it's just me. I like a lot of the alternate laces in 1s.

Dude yes, alternate laces look better in a lot of 1s. I'm sure the frags will look great with the blue laces and red laces in the sails and blue laces in the triple blacks pleasantly surprised me.

Last edited:
That's what I mean when I talk about balance! On your game royal the black laces look so appropriate because of the tongue swap lol just the right amount of extra pop. Imo the black laces look gorgeous in the black toes but it offsets the balance because there's too much black and not enough red. Same for white laces too much white but still not enough red. I have so many 1s that I gotta alternate laces but all off-white/sail laces will be going in any chicago inspired colorway because it gives it a really nice vintage feel. I'm an art major who's big on Feng Shui and Japanese aesthetics so that's probably why I'm OCD about these things on top of all that I'm a damn Gemini lol gotta keep my collection balanced.
I just love the clean look of white laces with a white tongue – chis, unc, storm, etc EXCEPT the B&Ws which look better w black laces imo. I even tried using the alternate laces on metallic navy's but always switched back to white after one wear.

Posted in the OW thread as well. Still can't believe it

BD9155C8-338E-4844-8DC9-399251C2F4C3.jpeg

I just love the clean look of white laces with a white tongue – chis, unc, storm, etc EXCEPT the B&Ws which look better w black laces imo. I even tried using the alternate laces on metallic navy's but always switched back to white after one wear.

Dude, I just threw sail laces from my all star 70s in my beater black/whites and it looks so appropriate lol I'm usually about white tongue white laces but I gotta differentiate a certain collection of pairs depending on their overall color scheme and frequent variations on the same color. My black toes have red laces, chi's have off-white laces, b/reds have black laces, and the red metallic have white laces. Same with my royal blue pairs. The sails and triple blacks have the alternate laces for the extra pop. UNC and UK have white laces. Metallic Navy is white too. Shattered 2.0 and 1.0 both have sail laces as well. I like switching it up. Helps me alternate pairs more so I don't feel like I'm wearing the same shoe.

I only rock alt laces if stock lace is white. I think my only white laces are in the tinker 3s.

That's what I mean when I talk about balance! On your game royal the black laces look so appropriate because of the tongue swap lol just the right amount of extra pop. Imo the black laces look gorgeous in the black toes but it offsets the balance because there's too much black and not enough red. Same for white laces too much white but still not enough red. I have so many 1s that I gotta alternate laces but all off-white/sail laces will be going in any chicago inspired colorway because it gives it a really nice vintage feel. I'm an art major who's big on Feng Shui and Japanese aesthetics so that's probably why I'm OCD about these things on top of all that I'm a damn Gemini lol gotta keep my collection balanced.
ayyy i hear you bro. i dunno if its cuz im older or what, but i go with the more subdued look when it comes to my lace choices. i was a dunkhead back in the day, and i followed the “match the lace to the swoosh” rule. carried it over to 1s except for bred colorblocking and recently threw in white laces on my metallics.

whats so dope about 1s is that theyre versatile enough to pull off those different laces and still look great.

Would y’all buy a high OG version of the Alpha 1s?
I know NT generally hates anything from the mid 2000s era, but these were my first ones and I’d buy.
9586E4A9-5575-4AAC-B5BE-F69D5B13A66F.jpeg

My love for 1's has grown more and more over the years. That feeling does not apply to these. I hated the side panel and the plastic wings logo. The H2H's is another shoe I find to be extremely tacky.

ayyy i hear you bro. i dunno if its cuz im older or what, but i go with the more subdued look when it comes to my lace choices. i was a dunkhead back in the day, and i followed the “match the lace to the swoosh” rule. carried it over to 1s except for bred colorblocking and recently threw in white laces on my metallics.

whats so dope about 1s is that theyre versatile enough to pull off those different laces and still look great.

I miss when dunks were king in my collection lol so many fantastic releases

Did your friends / coworkers / family notice last month? If so, any comments?

I don’t get the point, but you do you brotha.

Did your friends / coworkers / family notice last month? If so, any comments?

I don’t get the point, but you do you brotha.

Yeah my co-workers and friends noticed. The point is to wear my kicks like they did back in the 80s. I noticed I don't value my shoes like i used to especially since i have enough shoes to wear a pair a month for like 4 years. Wanted to show the pairs I rarely wear more love. Also the amount of wear and tear that my b/reds went through looks really nice, 1's look especially amazing beat up.

It's just a personal thing really lol the only thing I won't do in them is run long distances

like they did in the 80s?

lol

I never stopped

Im tryna tell yall about Nike Killshots but no one is hearing me. They just get better and better

like they did in the 80s?

lol

I never stopped

Im tryna tell yall about Nike Killshots but no one is hearing me. They just get better and better

Killshots are the jam but my wide feet will not allow me to wear them comfortably

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom