Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I think you are overreacting to him ONLY hitting 75% on all those OG pairs LOL. Come on, man... Black/red rumors have been circulating for over a month now. All he did was confirm with details.

Like I said, I still ain't all the way in and believing anything until I see pics and if it matches up super close or on point to the 85's, cool. I'll be in but I'm not getting my hope's up until then. I'm focused on the yellow toes and when those will come out more tbh.

Like I said, I still ain't all the way in and believing anything until I see pics and if it matches up super close or on point to the 85's, cool. I'll be in but I'm not getting my hope's up until then. I'm focused on the yellow toes and when those will come out more tbh.

Can’t wait to quote you.

Don't understand the Gentry hate.. Sure he makes questionable decisions but dude has literally given us everything we wanted and made sneaker culture mainstream A few bad colorways shouldn't change that.

What!? A few bad colorways? There’s been a lot more than a few :lol: .... and that’s just the beginning... what about materials? Shapes? Altered details to classics... etc etc etc

I may need to cop the nephew some Shattered Backboards. Should i expect to pay $600+ for a size 14?
Yep. SBBs in a 14 go for about 630 (low). I got mine in that size for under 500 last year, but that ship has sailed.

(I see they went up in price though. Sizes are touching over 1k now.:smh:)

What!? A few bad colorways? There’s been a lot more than a few :lol: .... and that’s just the beginning... what about materials? Shapes? Altered details to classics... etc etc etc
Nike was on the decline, Gentry saved them. We argue all night about reasons to not like him but numbers don't lie. He saved jordan brand and Nike.

im only 5 pairs from having a complete retro set. come on nike.

I played myself for not getting Unc's and I wanted them when they dropped too. The Storm Blues are also dope but I have Unions to humble that craving; other than that and NG's I'm set with OG's. But these Unc prices.. :sick:

I ain't faulting no one but I'm definitely not gettin my hopes up off his word. Until I see pics, I'm not concerned w/ the b/reds. Yellow toes need to be had before I start doubling over on already owned colorways.
I'm kind of with you on these supposed Blk/Reds. I already have the 2001, 2013, and 2016 pairs CS (Cripple Stock (worn technically, but never walked in because...)). I'd be interested in getting something new/different. Also, I'll wait until we get more proof. We've all been under the assumption we were getting SBB 3.0s, but new info (hopefully so wrong) suggests they might be patent and have a solid mid and out sole.

Don't understand the Gentry hate.. Sure he makes questionable decisions but dude has literally given us everything we wanted and made sneaker culture mainstream A few bad colorways shouldn't change that.

The upside given for Gentry is he’s a risk taker. And the type of risk he’s shown doesn’t bode well for those who respect the heritage pieces. Last time he was at the helm he ushered in hybrids which just bastardized JBs heritage pieces. The brand is currently losing its 13-20 yr old market share to adidas .... which grew up with hybrid Jordan’s.

So far we’ve gotten ‘vintage’ 1 (turbo greens crimsons), courture 1s and last week’s pebbled risk .... his risk before didn’t work for the brand and risk now ain’t workin for me.

The upside given for Gentry is he’s a risk taker. And the type of risk he’s shown doesn’t bode well for those who respect the heritage pieces. Last time he was at the helm he ushered in hybrids which just bastardized JBs heritage pieces. The brand is currently losing its 13-20 yr old market share to adidas .... which grew up with hybrid Jordan’s.

So far we’ve gotten ‘vintage’ 1 (turbo greens crimsons), courture 1s and last week’s pebbled risk .... his risk before didn’t work for the brand and risk now ain’t workin for me.
With success comes failures I'm sure y'all are bright enough to understand that Gentry knows how to generate money and broaden brand awareness. Y'all talk like this dude is the worst businessman ever. Nike wouldn't have begged for him to come back if that was true. Also you have to realize Nike is more than just jordan brand. Those mars landing air max joints are a perfect example of that risk taking you spoke about that's a great shoe. Also I'm at the age where I can respect retros as well as retro+ I like the Turbo greens and hyper Crimsons as much as I like the Bred 6s. This site is full of sneakerheads who are passionate about shoes but I think we lose site that the average consumer could care less about the things we nitpick on here like materials, height, shape etc they just like dope colorways and options Gentry understands that

I'm kind of with you on these supposed Blk/Reds. I already have the 2001, 2013, and 2016 pairs CS (Cripple Stock (worn technically, but never walked in because...)). I'd be interested in getting something new/different. Also, I'll wait until we get more proof. We've all been under the assumption we were getting SBB 3.0s, but new info (hopefully so wrong) suggests they might be patent and have a solid mid and out sole.

Cripple Stock. :rofl:

Curious, what's your condition? If you don't want to answer, that's fine too.

Screenshot_20190416-204502.jpg
Screenshot_20190416-204520.jpg
Screenshot_20190416-204535.jpg
20190415_151052.jpg

So to recap: Gentry saved Jordan Brand, Frags are the GOAT, and some of you guys who couldn’t resist Turbo Greens and ROTY are going to pass on Breds.

What the heck is going on today? Am I drunk?
Not sure on the Gentry or Frag talk, but I'm one of those that got both the Turbos and ROTYs, and might pass on the Blk/Reds. Again, I literally have 3 pairs of Blk/Reds from 3 different drops, that are damn near in DS condition (save for the glitterpox on the 2016s). I ultimately might still get them (if they do indeed drop, and visually appear as rumors suggest), but having a bunch of pairs already, if they aren't really anything special I'm not gonna break my axles trying to get them.

137CB970-14EB-4DD6-8F26-8454B5C2D198.jpeg
Yes Gentry took a risk with textiles and colorway to create a classic - cool grey 11s. But that retro+ classic shows a strong understanding for the OG, so far for the first few months of the year hasn’t shown an understanding of the OG 1. You got mids, AJ1 highs, lows don’t do this to the OG high

Attachments

• B8989EE9-8BCF-49EB-A923-6FD8A3BFA89C.jpeg
    B8989EE9-8BCF-49EB-A923-6FD8A3BFA89C.jpeg
    143.6 KB · Views: 23
Back
Top Bottom