Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
It's trash like this that really shows you how much they have been pushing mids. It's not that they can't do nice CWs, it's that they are pushing them onto a cheaper line. Off the top of my head pairs that would have been great highs would have been the yellow lakers, gold/black patent, grey suede, pink Chis, Equality BHM, etc.

Mids generate more revenue for Nike/JB, it’s as simple as that. Look at all the fools in the Midtalk thread-so many cws made out of cardboard and paper leather materials are readily available to collect in mids, compared to OG 1s. They can collect them without going through the hassle of a lot of the OG 1 cws.

this is too far
D4Sq5__WAAAdMFZ.jpg:large

Wait, that's intentional? Buggin

so a centimeter in leather is better than bad colors and tumbled leather :lol:
hi: (please see the 2015 chis and 2016 bt below)
Air-Jordan-1-Retro-High-OG-Chicago-Unlaced-1.jpg

air-jordan-1-black-toe-2016-1.png

I get that the tumbled leather is not OG, but I'd take that over stiff leather and odd proportions. Not sure where you're getting bad colors tho.

I had most of the 2013 pairs, my Shadows were the only one that had soft leather.

People say it isn't vibrant? I thought the issue people have with the 2016 is that the red (and the blue on the 2017 Royals) is too vibrant, unlike the OGs.

hi: (please see the 2015 chis and 2016 bt below)

I get that the tumbled leather is not OG, but I'd take that over stiff leather and odd proportions. Not sure where you're getting bad colors tho.

I had most of the 2013 pairs, my Shadows were the only one that had soft leather.

I am talking about black and reds. The pairs we have always been talking about, that's why you avoided them :lol:

The colors were off on the royals and black and reds and they aren't supposed to be tumbled. And leather softens up as you wear them.

Do people see how high your kicks are when you're actually wearing them, much less with jeans :ohwell:

My favorite sneaker and colorway of all-time; I am definitely clocking these, however I am extremely skeptical. Did everyone in here somehow forget that Gentry is running things? I just don't see us getting what pinoe77 is claiming. I'd love to be wrong, but Gentry is consistent in giving us the worst renditions of an Original.

My favorite sneaker and colorway of all-time; I am definitely clocking these, however I am extremely skeptical. Did everyone in here somehow forget that Gentry is running things? I just don't see us getting what pinoe77 is claiming. I'd love to be wrong, but Gentry is consistent in giving us the worst renditions of an Original.

Them yellows are fckd

Gentry is definitely a pos but I’m going with whats been claimed. Bruh If these have the big swoosh???!

1CDEB689-2A7B-4A41-B5DA-719F7B4BFC75.gif

This right here. God, I despise that clown. I'm sure something will be jacked on them.

I ain't believing anything or committing to any thought. DJ folk also said all the original 85' colorways and samples will be released before 2020 and they been feeding us all this bull. With Gentry at the helm my hopes are not there until I see pics. Fck around and have a hot pink jump man on the toe like the lows that are coming out.

Not tryin to be a smart ***, but is there a Gentry thread?

I ask because, with all the hate this man receives on here, couldn’t there be a thread dedicated to complaints about him and the decisions you all claim he is in charge of making?

I’m sure he, or someone close to him, is here lurkin...

I hope he is lurking so he can see how even old sneakerheads like myself hate him. He needs to stop watering down a great legacy.

I ain't believing anything or committing to any thought. DJ folk also said all the original 85' colorways and samples will be released before 2020 and they been feeding us all this bull. With Gentry at the helm my hopes are not there until I see pics. Fck around and have a hot pink jump man on the toe like the lows that are coming out.
yup i remember this was the pic that went along with that tweet....talkin bout all these og highs will release within 4 or 5 years. :rolleyes

CHQkiyFWsAIoijx.jpg

I’ll never understand why Nike keeps him on their payroll-can anyone think of something good he’s done? Dude is like the Ernie Grunfeld of Nike Execs Lol

Because he made a lot of money for Nike and Jordan Brand.

And am I crazy, or have almost all those Highs come out in the last 5 years?

Back
Top Bottom