Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Obsidians are nice, but I'm just here waiting to see what those new Chicagos look like that are rumored to be dropping during All-Star weekend. Don't think I'm gonna cop any Jordans from now until then.

Please God, PLEASE let that release next year be the Neutral Grays.

I'm hoping it's an answer to my wish for a High OG version of the Grey/Silver 2001 colorway. Them '09 Anniversary joints don't count.

ed289cirrpmv07zgwhok.jpg

A

If the color code on these is like @GrizzlyAnimal listed with Neutral Grey first, there's no way it'll be the OG Neutral Grey. If it's not the Japan release, it'll be something closer to it than the OGs.

I gotta disagree. Had MJ balled out exactly as he did, and had every exact moment that had throughout his amazing career, yet was wearing Adidas every step of the way, we’d still be buying and be fans of Jordans, an especially the Jordan 1 (Adidas version). Fashion is subjective, but it’s driven by “trendsetters,” celebrities, public icons, etc. Jordan’s are loved first and foremost because of the globally iconic player that Jordan was. Especially if he debuted in the NBA with a “banned” pair of Adidas due to their colors, the story would be the same. Also, the sneaker landscape would be so damn different had he joined Adidas, there’s no way to know where we’d be today as a result.
Imagine how they would be. Can't imagine Adidas design. Glad Mike choose Nike.

Last edited by a moderator:
i also think adidas has more creative potential than nike even down to the versatility of the logo(s). there's so much adidas can do, but the don't that it's crazy. i don't understand why they keep pushing & out the same stuff when they have stuff like like fyw collection in the vault. imo they should be number #1, but the ppl running that place is eh.

Idk I think Yeezys were the biggest gamble, in terms of design, that has recently really paid off for Adidas. 10 years ago, the design of the 350s or even 700s would seem laughable and people would be shocked how hyped they became. For better or worse, Nike and JB don’t really design shoes that are as “out there” as Yeezys are. Hell, Nike would never even put out something like the Holi Hu-NMDs (with a tribute to an Indian holiday), for that matter. Adidas definitely takes more risks, going back to when they signed Run-DMC in the 80s to some of their awful collabs like some of those Jeremy Scott sneakers. Nike showed they are willing to take some calculated risks like with the The Ten Off-White collab but you’ll never see something like Consortium at Nike or JB. That said, Nike is able to innovate a lot in terms of technology in ways Adidas simply can’t because of the sheer amount of resources Nike has though.

Those Jeremy Scott teddy bears are still the greatest thing I have ever seen. Not just in sneakers but in life.

Idk I think Yeezys were the biggest gamble, in terms of design, that has recently really paid off for Adidas. 10 years ago, the design of the 350s or even 700s would seem laughable and people would be shocked how hyped they became. For better or worse, Nike and JB don’t really design shoes that are as “out there” as Yeezys are. Hell, Nike would never even put out something like the Holi Hu-NMDs (with a tribute to an Indian holiday), for that matter. Adidas definitely takes more risks, going back to when they signed Run-DMC in the 80s to some of their awful collabs like some of those Jeremy Scott sneakers. Nike showed they are willing to take some calculated risks like with the The Ten Off-White collab but you’ll never see something like Consortium at Nike or JB. That said, Nike is able to innovate a lot in terms of technology in ways Adidas simply can’t because of the sheer amount of resources Nike has though.

If you don't think Jordan designs were "out there" on the level of Yeezy/Hu back in the day, then I don't know what to tell you. Stuff we think of as classic now, were mocked as moon boots when they originally released. Hell, even the XI's were crapped all over when they dropped. The top of the line stuff Adidas was dropping during Jordan's heyday was all either super basic or terrible.

I gotta disagree. Had MJ balled out exactly as he did, and had every exact moment that had throughout his amazing career, yet was wearing Adidas every step of the way, we’d still be buying and be fans of Jordans, an especially the Jordan 1 (Adidas version). Fashion is subjective, but it’s driven by “trendsetters,” celebrities, public icons, etc. Jordan’s are loved first and foremost because of the globally iconic player that Jordan was. Especially if he debuted in the NBA with a “banned” pair of Adidas due to their colors, the story would be the same. Also, the sneaker landscape would be so damn different had he joined Adidas, there’s no way to know where we’d be today as a result.
Imo, I don't think Jordans shoes would've done what nike was able to do. Nike was bold & innovative. I remember on some documentary jordans dad talked about going to all the sneaker companies w/ jordan and they all pitched him the same thing, boring statis quo sneakers w/ nothing outside the box. We have remember this is a rookie player, an exciting player, but with no NBA record to speak of. No MVP's, no championships, the world has not yet gotten to know & like the mike we all know now. No one knew who this guy would become or what he could do for the sneaker industry.

I remember Jordans dad saying after every meeting he was left asking them "is this all"? Except for nike. Nike was willing to push the boundaries. From the jump the banned 1's set the tone, that this man is an outlaw, a rebel, that he is not an ordinary player so he will not be wearing ordinary shoes. I think its highly possible that had he gone to adidas they would've strapped on shoes that conformed to the league rules & would've maintained a line of boring sneakers like everyone else. I don't think they wouldn't of risked their reputaion by breaking the rules for a rookie player. Nike did so cause they had nothing to lose, they were all in & they were ready to roll w/ the punches.

I imagine Jordan's line w/ adidas would've been something like bird & magics converse. Ppl loved those shoes & bird & magic. But over time they fizzled cause its not enough to just have players who changed the game, the shoes themselves have to do the same.

...sorry for the book

Last edited:
If you don't think Jordan designs were "out there" on the level of Yeezy/Hu back in the day, then I don't know what to tell you. Stuff we think of as classic now, were mocked as moon boots when they originally released. Hell, even the XI's were crapped all over when they dropped. The top of the line stuff Adidas was dropping during Jordan's heyday was all either super basic or terrible.

Sorry maybe I wasn’t clear with why I brought up Yeezys or those Holi Hu cws-I’m talking about modern times where Adidas has been more welcoming to creatives than Nike has (hence why i brought up Consortium). Obviously, Nike and JB were taking great risks in the past-hell, the Air Jordan 11 is/was one of the most unique basketball shoes ever created.

nike has been doing consortium style collabs with stores for close to 20 years. they also gave Kanye his first shoe, their first non-athlete with his own silhouette. if anything Adidas simply took the formula that Nike created and exploited it for short sighted success. now they're fumbling the momentum they built.

nike has been doing consortium style collabs with stores for close to 20 years. they also gave Kanye his first shoe, their first non-athlete with his own silhouette. if anything Adidas simply took the formula that Nike created and exploited it for short sighted success. now they're fumbling the momentum they built.

They didn't really let him create his own shoe though - they took parts from other sneakers. I don't know if that's what Kanye intended, but it's pretty surprising when I found that there are sneakerheads out there who don't know that.

the tooling yes, which is generally the most expensive part of a shoe. given the times, its was reasonable for nike to do that. other aspects did borrow design cues from other shoes, but thats just general design inspiration.

ultimately all brands had the chance to do the same thing nike did, yet none of them did.

Sorry maybe I wasn’t clear with why I brought up Yeezys or those Holi Hu cws-I’m talking about modern times where Adidas has been more welcoming to creatives than Nike has (hence why i brought up Consortium). Obviously, Nike and JB were taking great risks in the past-hell, the Air Jordan 11 is/was one of the most unique basketball shoes ever created.

Ah, gotcha. It's tough to say. I think downyboy downyboy and walkingBred walkingBred hit it on the head though. Maybe we're just so used to Nike's boundary pushing that when Adidas does something like these consortium releases it seems crazy to us?

Most likely Adidas would've had him in Bulls colored Top 10's and maybe eventually the Artillery. Nike/Jordan/Tinker pushed the other companies to have to be better.

Last edited:
My unions from goat came in today. There's a slight brown discoloration/dirt? spot on the top of the left heel. Am I being too picky or would you contact goat?
IMG_20190812_164859.jpg
IMG_20190812_164853.jpg
IMG_20190812_164713.jpg
IMG_20190812_164620.jpg

Back
Top Bottom