• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
BB0D828F-06C2-4624-A416-8083702933F9.png

Called him out for selling just boxes with receipt-scummy move. Then promptly unfollowed. TBlake=piece of trash with zero class

editing! [will repost this post; please delete]

Sick shots of the Chicagos and great choice :nthat:
And it's not even a guarantee the Chicagos are coming back in 2020. We all thought the Breds 1 were coming back in November when we saw the colorway description, then recently we found out it's not the Bred 1s at all.

Also, I think many people on this board can relate to hoarding sneakers :lol:
I have that problem myself. Too many sneakers and not enough opportunities to wear them.

48613956613_f3e57239c4_b.jpg

This is gonna be a bit of a story, but if you wanna skip it, just go to the 3 dashes or read the "TL;DR" version. Hope you guys don't mind me sharing!

TL;DR - started decluttering > want to kill impulsiveness + end collecting > found out about idea of getting timeless (not trendy) shoes > aimed for AF1s + AJ1s + AM1s (then changed mind about AM1s) > got AF1s + AJ1s > now very happy and "accomplished."

Two months ago, I started decluttering. I've cut back on everything by 50% (not just shoes, but clothes and random old tech/papers/cards, etc.) and I created a "30-day" list to kill my impulsive habits. The "30-day" list is a method that's basically the complete opposite of "Buy Now, Think Later," a mentality that would stress me out because of my indecisiveness and how it kinda built up bulimic-like shopping habits. At that moment, I wasn't so sure how I felt about decluttering and not collect shoes anymore, because I still liked collecting shoes at that time. But... at the same time, I've been wanting to stop doing it for quite some time now because of these habits. During the time I was beginning to declutter, I ran into a few videos and articles that emphasized the idea of going for timeless shoes over trendy shoes, and I loved that idea. It's something that could help me save money to prepare for a better future, and I could still have some stylish stuff without having to keep up with the trends. To be honest, I don't have real timeless/classic shoes... which is kind of a bummer. All I have are shoes that came in at an eventful rate: Vapormaxes to Off-Whites to Epic Reacts to React Elements to React Prestos and everything else that's hot/new in-between. It was coming in at such a rapid pace that it was just too difficult to keep up and it was worsening everything for me. Hell, I mean, I'm sure EVERYONE here knows this marketing pattern as well as I do. Combining this with FOMO (fear of missing out) and all of this FOMO marketing from the companies AND social media... no damn clarity.

Anyway... after those videos and articles, I stepped way back and asked myself, "If I were to own three timeless essential shoes that could withstand the test of time no matter what's trending, what would they be?" My answer: the AF1 Lows in all-white, the AM1s in either the white/red or white/blue colorway, and the AJ1s. I just didn't know what color I had in mind for the AJ1s until I saw THE color that clicked with me most: the Chicago color.

- - -

After putting it on my "30-day" list, I eventually decided to go for them and I finally found them outside of StockX/Goat. Had multiple eyes to make sure it's real, too. Otherwise, I wouldn't be posting this up. :lol:

Yes, I know it's going to come back out in 2020, but I honestly don't care. I had some cash made from decluttering that took care of it. Most importantly, I'm more than happy with my new essentials of the AJ1s and the AF1 Lows, a pair of shoes I got last month that I've never tried on in my entire time of collecting (I changed my mind on the AM1s.)

I'll think about the 2020 retro later when the time comes around... well, IF I'm still checked in. Decluttering also got me to detach from my impulsive habits that would screw me over from time to time, and it's closing in on getting me detached to collecting in general. Helps me focus more on a brighter future while I'm still young. Ever since I got the Chicagos in, I've had this "accomplished" feeling like there's nothing else to go look for... at least for now, but I'm much more confident that it's sticking around. It's like... finding peace.

It's funny, 'cause when I first started collecting about 14-15 years ago, I told myself I'd never get a pair of Jordans. Now look what happened; I could be potentially ending my collecting WITH a pair of Jordans.

48614294411_e3e8a23a20_b.jpg

Anyway... thanks for reading if you guys did read through all of that! I also watched Into the Spider-Verse and the movie got me hooked onto this shoe and colorway.

And now, I can relax...

EDIT - crap, this is what therefill therefill quoted before I took down the post to edit. Can a Mod edit that quote to squeeze this updated post in there so no one gets confused? :lol:

Last edited:
BB0D828F-06C2-4624-A416-8083702933F9.png

Called him out for selling just boxes with receipt-scummy move. Then promptly unfollowed. TBlake=piece of trash with zero class

Wow, he’s trash! Of course a scammer thinks other people (or companies) are being nefarious, with zero evidence to boot. Classic projection. Trash, trash, trash.

Sick shots of the Chicagos and great choice :nthat:
And it's not even a guarantee the Chicagos are coming back in 2020. We all thought the Breds 1 were coming back in November when we saw the colorway description, then recently we found out it's not the Bred 1s at all.

Also, I think many people on this board can relate to hoarding sneakers :lol:
I have that problem myself. Too many sneakers and not enough opportunities to wear them.

Crap, I edited the post right when you quoted and posted :lol:

Anyway, definitely not enough opportunities to wear em haha. Wait, I thought the Bred colorway was pushed back to 2020 from what I last read?

48613956613_f3e57239c4_b.jpg

This is gonna be a bit of a story, but if you wanna skip it, just go to the 3 dashes or read the "TL;DR" version. Hope you guys don't mind me sharing!

TL;DR - started decluttering > want to kill impulsiveness + end collecting > found out about idea of getting timeless (not trendy) shoes > aimed for AF1s + AJ1s + AM1s (then changed mind about AM1s) > got AF1s + AJ1s > now very happy and "accomplished."

Two months ago, I started decluttering. I've cut back on everything by 50% (not just shoes, but clothes and random old tech/papers/cards, etc.) and I created a "30-day" list to kill my impulsive habits. The "30-day" list is a method that's basically the complete opposite of "Buy Now, Think Later," a mentality that would stress me out because of my indecisiveness and how it kinda built up bulimic-like shopping habits. At that moment, I wasn't so sure how I felt about decluttering and not collect shoes anymore, because I still liked collecting shoes at that time. But... at the same time, I've been wanting to stop doing it for quite some time now because of these habits. During the time I was beginning to declutter, I ran into a few videos and articles that emphasized the idea of going for timeless shoes over trendy shoes, and I loved that idea. It's something that could help me save money to prepare for a better future, and I could still have some stylish stuff without having to keep up with the trends. To be honest, I don't have real timeless/classic shoes... which is kind of a bummer. All I have are shoes that came in at an eventful rate: Vapormaxes to Off-Whites to Epic Reacts to React Elements to React Prestos and everything else that's hot/new in-between. It was coming in at such a rapid pace that it was just too difficult to keep up and it was worsening everything for me. Hell, I mean, I'm sure EVERYONE here knows this marketing pattern as well as I do. Combining this with FOMO (fear of missing out) and all of this FOMO marketing from the companies AND social media... no damn clarity.

Anyway... after those videos and articles, I stepped way back and asked myself, "If I were to own three timeless essential shoes that could withstand the test of time no matter what's trending, what would they be?" My answer: the AF1 Lows in all-white, the AM1s in either the white/red or white/blue colorway, and the AJ1s. I just didn't know what color I had in mind for the AJ1s until I saw THE color that clicked with me most: the Chicago color.

- - -

After putting it on my "30-day" list, I eventually decided to go for them and I finally found them outside of StockX/Goat. Had multiple eyes to make sure it's real, too. Otherwise, I wouldn't be posting this up. :lol:

Yes, I know it's going to come back out in 2020, but I honestly don't care. I had some cash made from decluttering that took care of it. Most importantly, I'm more than happy with my new essentials of the AJ1s and the AF1 Lows, a pair of shoes I got last month that I've never tried on in my entire time of collecting (I changed my mind on the AM1s.)

I'll think about the 2020 retro later when the time comes around... well, IF I'm still checked in. Decluttering also got me to detach from my impulsive habits that would screw me over from time to time, and it's closing in on getting me detached to collecting in general. Helps me focus more on a brighter future while I'm still young. Ever since I got the Chicagos in, I've had this "accomplished" feeling like there's nothing else to go look for... at least for now, but I'm much more confident that it's sticking around. It's like... finding peace.

It's funny, 'cause when I first started collecting about 14-15 years ago, I told myself I'd never get a pair of Jordans. Now look what happened; I could be potentially ending my collecting WITH a pair of Jordans.

48614294411_e3e8a23a20_b.jpg

Anyway... thanks for reading if you guys did read through all of that! I also watched Into the Spider-Verse and the movie got me hooked onto this shoe and colorway.

And now, I can relax...

EDIT - crap, this is what therefill therefill quoted before I took down the post to edit. Can a Mod edit that quote to squeeze this updated post in there so no one gets confused? :lol:

Dude, this is amazing. I been on this path as well. I've had a main focus on keeping a pair or two of timeless silhouettes and colorways. My biggest thorn in my side is the meat of my collection(jordan 1's) I love them all but I know I'm living in excess with all these pairs. At least I make it a point to wear them. It's good to see I'm not alone in having this sentiment in the threads. Good on you man. It's actually quite alleviating having a small collection of good pieces. They become valued more, that way and you eliminate the anxiety that comes with this rat race.

Hope you’re not insinuating that I’m a scammer cause that’s the furthest thing from the truth. Having been a part of NT since 03/04, I’ve got a 100% track record with other sellers and buyers. No projecting here but if you were assuming I was, you’re really weird.

Re-read my first sentence to get the context of my second sentence, bro.

Hold up bred 1 ain't coming out? I'm lost.

Nope he color code for Black Friday release is for the man was meant to fly, with red piping:/

So were the rumors of the air ships releasing instead of the Breds also false??? Or will the ship be the next iteration of blk/red(banned) colorway that’s dropping??? I also saw that the yellow toes aren’t dropping, at least anytime in 2019/early 2020(sneaker files info)

Dude, this is amazing. I been on this path as well. I've had a main focus on keeping a pair or two of timeless silhouettes and colorways. My biggest thorn in my side is the meat of my collection(jordan 1's) I love them all but I know I'm living in excess with all these pairs. At least I make it a point to wear them. It's good to see I'm not alone in having this sentiment in the threads. Good on you man. It's actually quite alleviating having a small collection of good pieces. They become valued more, that way and you eliminate the anxiety that comes with this rat race.

Thank you! Haha, the thing about the AJ1s on my end is that it's my only pair of Jordans I now own. Never had any Jordans over the years and if I did, they were quickly returned. The timeless silhouettes should be the way to go for sure! Like you said, it keeps the collection small and anxiety low.

Thank you! Haha, the thing about the AJ1s on my end is that it's my only pair of Jordans I now own. Never had any Jordans over the years and if I did, they were quickly returned. The timeless silhouettes should be the way to go for sure! Like you said, it keeps the collection small and anxiety low.

I talk about that stuff all the time in the threads but bruhs think I'm BS'ing. Purged my collection like 5 times over and I think I have a good amount but in the back of my head I still want to get rid of more, just hesitant to take the plunge because it's taken me a long time to amass these pairs. I'm glad to see that you got your essentials and you're checking out of the "endlessness" of this game. Very inspirational.

I talk about that stuff all the time in the threads but bruhs think I'm BS'ing. Purged my collection like 5 times over and I think I have a good amount but in the back of my head I still want to get rid of more, just hesitant to take the plunge because it's taken me a long time to amass these pairs. I'm glad to see that you got your essentials and you're checking out of the "endlessness" of this game. Very inspirational.
It gets easier as you get older, especially when shoes start becoming unwearable and you think about what a waste it is to have them just sitting in boxes. I just sold off 14 pair and I’m not done. What I ask myself is have I wore them in the last year and if not do they have any significance to me. If not they’re gone and hopefully go to someone that will enjoy them.

Someone from Canada hacked into my SX and copped 2 pairs of something. I can't get into my account so I have no idea what it is. :rolleyes

More pics of these upcoming Zoom Air Jordan 1s. They’re basically the Raging Bull Dunk SBs (entire 3m upper), black Swoosh instead of the silver Swoosh, “Zoom” tag on the side, some type of writing or code on the heel area, and as a Jordan 1 instead. I’m good, but I’d get the original Raging Bull SBs before these anyways.
76569DD0-DD41-4F9F-9A52-F44D85FD11F1.jpeg
F1DF1F5A-CC2A-4AF7-9BAB-F0974D7FD689.jpeg

Someone from Canada hacked into my SX and copped 2 pairs of something. I can't get into my account so I have no idea what it is. :rolleyes
This happened to me Friday. But the idiot had 2 names on the account and zip codes didn't match. Stockx notified me via email about a fraud alert. Dude tried to get 3 Balenciagas smh. Had to change my account passwords everywhere. Credit info was Montana and the shipping was to Pennsylvania.

Damn is this all just a coincidence of getting hacked or something to do with last weeks data breach?

Back
Top Bottom