Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I think its more about who you are & how you view/live life & what's important to you.
^This is all I meant. Everyone sees "happiness" as something different. If someone truly finds happiness in living on the street, going from shelter to shelter, struggling, etc, than generally speaking having money has no barring on that. And that's just looking at if from my "western" perspective, as in other places around the world (especially super remote areas) people are content with no thought/idea of money. There are places right now in my state of WA where you can post up in a tent right now in some of the "ininhabited" woods, and if that makes you happy you can do it. I personally want/need money to do SOME of the ish that makes me happy. Ignorance is also bliss when it comes to happiness. You put people who have zero concept of the world outside of themselves (like babies when they first arrive on the scene), and insulate them from outside information/influence, and they'll be 100% happy with what they personally know/experience.

Sure but my point wasn’t about people’s decision making-there are plenty of poor people who make stupid decisions and end up dead/jail and plenty of insanely rich people like Jeremy Epstein, Bill Cosby, Bernie Madoff, etc. etc. who have done the same.

Having strong values is definitely important but, by having money, you are granted the ability to not go down negative paths where money is the main attraction. How many people end up in jail for drug dealing or theft? Sadly a lot of these people are doing this because they are driven by the allure of money, without actually having much of it themselves. Hell, years ago, one of my old coworkers was a retired detective from Baltimore and he told me that the two reasons people commit 90% of crimes are to attain money or to attain sex.

In the US, even upper-middle class people are working 9-10 hour days easily. How many of those people absolutely love their jobs? Most are probably working those jobs because they have to feed themselves and their families. And these are higher paying jobs, I can’t even imagine what the dissatisfaction with low paying jobs is. Being rich literally makes these problems nonexistent because the freedom to work how you want to is suddenly a real possibility.
You kinna made my point, rich or poor, ppl are still ppl in the end. Happiness & sadness comes with ppl of all finacial ranges, so the money aint it. Just cause someone works a low paying job doesnt mean its harder for him/her to find happiness. When I talk about happiness, im talking about true happiness...contentment with ones self. Not happiness that comes and goes. Having a low paying job will only make you miserable IF YOU ALLOW IT TO. Again, its how you decide to view life & whats important to you. Poor ppl who commit crimes "decided" to commit those crimes just like poor ppl who decide not too. They both view life in a different way. You can be poor & stuggle & still be happy w/ your life & family just like you can be rich & still be lonely. Depends on whats important to you.

You still need money to buy or rent the land, my friend.
I'm sure you can technically find somewhere in MOST states where you could post up in a tent and live the wilderness life. I know same goes for other places around the globe. And for some that would be their ideal picture of happiness.

Ultimately my thinking is that with over 7 billion people on this planet, I'M POSITIVE I can find at least a single person (probably more like dozens, hundreds, or even thousands with over 7 billion to sift through) who has been, is, and will continue to be 100% happy without even the slightest notion of money or what it means to be rich or poor.

The sad thing is a lot of kids look up to resellers like him. I respect his hustle but he isn't getting rich off that. He didn't even pay retail for them. And there aren't drops like that every week. I sit in the AC and talk on a phone and make more. I'm all for kids that want to hustle to make a few bucks in their youth but very very very few can make a living long term off of it.

WE TALKING MONEY!!!
downloadfile.gif
UP IN HERE!!!

Back
Top Bottom