Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Maybe I’m trippin but part of me feels like it’s more acceptable to dress loud/wild when you’re one of the best nba players in the world, versus some cat that works at Verizon or something

A lotta nba dudes be looking unusual but it be like that when you got 100Ms in the bank lol
You're dead right. To take it another level, I hate PJ Tucker because his gimmick is sneakers. He's so so concerned about wearing the nicest sneakers to ball when he's a very mediocre player, even switching pairs at halftime while the super stars are wearing normal pairs. He should be worrying about his game and not which sneakers he's going to wear.

You're dead right. To take it another level, I hate PJ Tucker because his gimmick is sneakers. He's so so concerned about wearing the nicest sneakers to ball when he's a very mediocre player, even switching pairs at halftime while the super stars are wearing normal pairs. He should be worrying about his game and not which sneakers he's going to wear.
I feel you on the PJ talk but dude got his lane and he knows it gets him coverage and he seems passionate about it so I'm not knocking it.

I do get the initial point that NBA players can pull off certain stuff better than the average joe. Maybe it has less to do with occupation and more about personality... ODB is one eccentric guy but it works for him, it could never be me.

Air Jordan 1 High OG
Color: Black/Black-Metallic Gold
Style Code: 555088-032
Release Date: November 30, 2020
Price: $170
1605586364687.jpeg
1605586379897.jpeg
1605586398963.jpeg
1605586424612.jpeg
1605586436299.jpeg
1605586452662.jpeg
1605586466878.jpeg
1605586487016.jpeg
Very clean but I am torn on getting an all patent leather shoe at this point.

You quoted me from September, u gotta stop that man

but I’ll respond to you
I hear you about PJ, but if he changes shoes at halftime or not , he wouldn’t be any better of a player :lol: so let him do what he wants. At least he’s still serviceable enough to be relevant.

Actually the site that I saw the pictures on (Sneakernews.com) are saying they are highs, so it was posted here because of that. Since I do not have social media, there is no way I would have seen that post on Twitter. Also, $175 for mids is insane IMO and is usually the price for highs, so JB is buggin' with that price for some mids!

I did count the eyelets and there are 8 instead of 9, so these are indeed mids unless they are changing the number of eyelets for highs that are not OG or something. SMH
They look like highs to me. Maybe the number of laceholes changed because these have an inner bootie like Foams.

I feel you on the PJ talk but dude got his lane and he knows it gets him coverage and he seems passionate about it so I'm not knocking it.

I do get the initial point that NBA players can pull off certain stuff better than the average joe. Maybe it has less to do with occupation and more about personality... ODB is one eccentric guy but it works for him, it could never be me.
I personally think it has less to do with personality or occupation, but more to do with just these dudes being rich. I don’t personally know OBJ, and maybe he is truly eccentric, but it’s easy as hell to be eccentric and different when you’re crazy rich and famous. You can wear whatever, style however, and show interest in any type of weird or unique things, because you have a bunch of Ms in the bank. Athletes in particular, you do the same thing as a bunch of other dudes in your league (some better or a lot better than others of course). You almost have to do something to differentiate yourself from others in your sport, and to market yourself.

thats actually a pass for me. I have nothing against burgundy/maroon/bordeaux color palette, but that specific mockup just doesn't do it for me

I personally think it has less to do with personality or occupation, but more to do with just these dudes being rich. I don’t personally know OBJ, and maybe he is truly eccentric, but it’s easy as hell to be eccentric and different when you’re crazy rich and famous. You can wear whatever, style however, and show interest in any type of weird or unique things, because you have a bunch of Ms in the bank. Athletes in particular, you do the same thing as a bunch of other dudes in your league (some better or a lot better than others of course). You almost have to do something to differentiate yourself from others in your sport, and to market yourself.
I can respect that. Some rich guys still choose to fly under the radar. Kawhi for example. He always keeps it toned down.

I can respect that. Some rich guys still choose to fly under the radar. Kawhi for example. He always keeps it toned down.
Oh of course. Some dudes don’t care at all. It’s also easier to be really good, but also really boring, in the NBA, as the lack of a bunch of equipment allows players to be way more visible. Also, Kawhi the only guy I can think of that never took a break from wearing the same cornrows that dudes were wearing when I was in high school in the early 2000s. At this point he has to just wear them forever IMO. I don’t think my brain could comprehend a braid-less Kawhi.

That Bordeaux mock up is a swing and miss for me. I think it’s the Silver swoosh and white wings. Im all for a Bordeaux 1 high though

Back
Top Bottom