Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Not true. You can find good deals on nice dress shoes if you look. I have pairs of made in Italy boots (Johnston and Murphy, not Ferragamo), retailed for $300 each. Bought them during BOGO sales.

Regardless of that... something doesn't have to be hand made in Italy to use good quality leather. Just using some nice quality calf skin would go a long way and honestly not cost over $200.

un-DS’d Volts for today:

D1F6B328-9F14-4A07-B727-2A082DB3A1F0.jpeg

Message me or check my history. I don’t hide my secrets LOL-just didn’t want to add to a post that was too long to begin with-The shoe care “how to” post is a long read.
In a nutshell; Toxins and sweat, will make a shoe warp like turbo’s did in no time flat. Cedar shoe trees will solve that by absorbing the toxins from the leather-for best results shoe trees need to be used from day 1 of wear. Quite a few members went out and bought cedar trees after my recommendation and loved them. There are a few more things but apparently NT members abhor reading. LOL-anyone who wants a full breakdown, message me.

Maybe that's why all my most worn Jordan 1s look creased than a MFer. Think doing the ironing trick then putting the shoe tree in them from now on will fix it?

Don't get me wrong, I like a naturally worn look, but these creases look like something else :lol:. Don't know if it's how I walk or how my feet built, but these creases aren't just single lined creases. Them creases make my toebox look like a mountain valley.

Maybe that's why all my most worn Jordan 1s look creased than a MFer. Think doing the ironing trick then putting the shoe tree in them from now on will fix it?

Don't get me wrong, I like a naturally worn look, but these creases look like something else :lol:. Don't know if it's how I walk or how my feet built, but these creases aren't just single lined creases. Them creases make my toebox look like a mountain valley.
Yea bro bro that will definitely do the trick. It’s not because of how you walk, it’s all about the maintenance and care(I BEATTTTT up my shoes but you’d never be able to tell) .
Don’t cheap out on the plastic shoe trees from ikea-they may help retain the shape of the toebox but won’t do anything about the toxins that eat away at the leather and make it brittle and crackly -gotta go cedar-trust me-it’s an absolute game changer.
Also, be sure to re-hydrate the leather in all your 1s every so often(I do this on all my 1s a couple of times a year).
All fine leather handmade shoes, and handbags, need this exact kind of upkeep and care-I’ve seen 40+ year old dress shoes that were re-soled dozens of times but looked spectacular because of the care taken over the years.

If you end up doing the iron method+trees, please take pics of the before/after and post::smile: I’m curious to see your results.

Hope this helps!!!

Yea bro bro that will definitely do the trick. It’s not because of how you walk, it’s all about the maintenance and care(I BEATTTTT up my shoes but you’d never be able to tell) .
Don’t cheap out on the plastic shoe trees from ikea-they may help retain the shape of the toebox but won’t do anything about the toxins that eat away at the leather and make it brittle and crackly -gotta go cedar-trust me-it’s an absolute game changer.
Also, be sure to re-hydrate the leather in all your 1s every so often(I do this on all my 1s a couple of times a year).
All fine leather handmade shoes, and handbags, need this exact kind of upkeep and care-I’ve seen 40+ year old dress shoes that were re-soled dozens of times but looked spectacular because of the care taken over the years.

If you end up doing the iron method+trees, please take pics of the before/after and post::smile: I’m curious to see your results.

Hope this helps!!!

Re-hydrate? What you mean - like spray some water on them?
Is that why some 1s that sit in the box get glitter on them - no hydrating? :emoji_thinking:

Re-hydrate? What you mean - like spray some water on them?
Is that why some 1s that sit in the box get glitter on them - no hydrating? :emoji_thinking:
Nah. You gotta spray them with Vodka-get them super GRONK level hydrated. (Don’t actually do that)

When I say hydrate, I mean use some Leather moisturizer/leather lotion. Much like human skin, cow skin also needs to be hydrated once in a while. Your shoes will thank you and me both::smile:

Last edited:
The last time I wrote my cedar shoe tree essay in this thread, a handful of members bought them, have been using them since, and have even been recommending them to others on NT. For those who have been starved for actual good, useful information in this thread-hope this helps.
Here are shots of 1s I’ve worn the most- hundred(s) of times-all with substantial star loss on the soles
E639309C-3486-410F-8E1E-258DF8FAA49B.jpeg
. Notice also, how they haven’t warped and become banana shaped. (Blk/red 2016 need to be re-soled)
53743CB6-5A4C-4DAB-93DF-2412601326D4.jpeg

Last edited:
if you have stinky azzz feet, cedar shoe trees will also make your shoes smell naturally fresh like Cedar-the smell of cedar+ leather is Amazingggg. They’re worth the small investment and more. I’ve been doing it for nearly 20 years now and every single pair of my shoes(dress and sneakers) have a pair of cedar trees in them.
Works wonders for all types of materials and serves the same functions-from jays, to air maxes, to yeezys.

Said I wasn’t gonna write essays but here I am, writing novels.
May I ask which brand of cedar shoe tree?
Nordstrom rack has a deal in store-2 for $27 with a lifetime warranty. Regular Nordstrom stores also have terrific ones for $20 a piece with a lifetime warranty. I’ve bought some off Macys.com but the shape of the trees weren’t my favorite.

I got the NG in tts, like everyone says it feels narrow and I have a semi-wide feet so it definitely felt tighter width wise even tho the length is good. Some regular OG Highs fit tight too (a few of my old 2013's) but not as much as the 85 mold. The last released Shadows was comfortable in terms of 1's.
100% agree on shadows being the most comfortable.
I recommend using a different insole, preferably thinner to give room for your toes. It helped me break these in without much difficulty.

It doesn't have to be an OG colorway to look good. There are plenty of Retro+ that look better. It's not that it's even a bad colorway... it's just extremely meh and doesn't warrant the hype that it gets simply due to how limited they were. If they had released a few years ago in the same quantity as the average J1 it would have went on sale and then to outlets so many other pairs of 1s did, which still doesn't make it bad. Just another pair of shoes that isn't turning many heads here, let alone on the street.
Dude, you just gave me a runaround on hype and “warranting” hype. What does that even mean? I wanted the sneaker, I copped it. It’s a white Jordan 1, i get it. But is it a good sneaker or not? Regardless of whether it would have released years ago/went on sale/warranting the hype/gets likes on IG. Is it a good sneaker? This is a sneaker that famously went on sale back in the day, does that make you like them less? Maybe putting a thunder bolt on the heel would make you want them more. 🤦🏽‍♂️

somebody should totally cannibalize the hyper royal tongue and put it on the game royals to create a proper blue chicago

air-jordan-1-retro-high-og-hyper-royal-555088-402-release-date-7.jpg
This not a bad idea I wish I would've gotten 3pairs off game royals one to leave as is, another for the poor man drags custom and finally a blue Chicago.

Back
Top Bottom