• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
My take on what is being discussed...

People will go through great lengths to keep their shoes pristine and that's okay. It doesn't hurt anybody. We shouldn't shun them for it.

People wear their kicks with no care in the world because they won't stay new forever and that's okay. Some like the "it gives the shoes character." It doesn't hurt anybody. We shouldn't shun them for it.

People will agree to disagree on certain topics. It's the nature of the beast.

Now, starting a new thread about the glittery specs occurring on the shoes, that is considered taboo. No need for it. The sneaker care/maintenance thread would be a great place to talk about that since some want to know what the best way to prevent it or the best way to clean it off.

We have collectors that enjoy buying to collect and we have resellers that are in it for the money. Some might not like the other person does or may not understand the concept but, it is what it is.

Very well said

You're in a shoe forum, trying to clown people for taking care of the shoes that THEY bought with THEIR OWN money? [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]‍♂️

I never understood this. We all go through who knows what to get the shoes we want, whether it's standing in long lines or driving around getting tickets. So why not take care of them? Every single thing collected is someone else's junk. But that shouldn't affect you or your way of thinking.

Personally, trading cards are just cardboard. But does that take away from the value? Nope...

But i didn't clown though. Go back and read my post. I said i don't see the need.

My take on what is being discussed...

People will go through great lengths to keep their shoes pristine and that's okay. It doesn't hurt anybody. We shouldn't shun them for it.

People wear their kicks with no care in the world because they won't stay new forever and that's okay. Some like the "it gives the shoes character." It doesn't hurt anybody. We shouldn't shun them for it.

People will agree to disagree on certain topics. It's the nature of the beast.

Now, starting a new thread about the glittery specs occurring on the shoes, that is considered taboo. No need for it. The sneaker care/maintenance thread would be a great place to talk about that since some want to know what the best way to prevent it or the best way to clean it off.

We have collectors that enjoy buying to collect and we have resellers that are in it for the money. Some might not like the other person does or may not understand the concept but, it is what it is.

could not have said any better.

Maybe too long, but hard to explain in less words.
Don't apologize for your opinion, I'm not sorry for mine.

How many hours have you wasted away in your life on NT?
Let alone purchasing. Or checking on release dates, prices, value.
Just some shoes being talked on a shoe site for hours on hours.
Just some shoes man. Shoes.

you're kind of doing the same thing you're upset about.

I didn't laugh at you at all. Take a look at the post you got butt hurt on. I was talking about me, personally. You got carried away. Really, you got sensitive for what i said. and i didn't say anything to downgrade your point of view.

IDC how minor the glitter is, thank God you guys brought this up!! Just happened to check my SBB and glitter EVERYWHERE! Wiped it down and it's gone, but damn I was worried. Not having NO mold action going on with these IDC. Not gonna put the leather action but maybe might switch these to the sneaker stackers.

Some of yall need to chill. Ive had glitter on my shadows since almost day one and all you do is wipe it off.

Hes my ds pair CM with the white gliiter and all. After 20 seconds of wiping its gone. Would rather not have it, but aint nothin to stress about.

Last edited:
Some of yall need to chill. Ive had glitter on my shadows since almost day one and all you do is wipe it off.

Hes my ds pair CM with the white gliiter and all. After 20 seconds of wiping its gone. Would rather not have it, but aint nothin to stress about.

As you mentioned does wipe off quite easy, but in the leather on my sbb it's still there kind of. It's just weird because my royals from this year, my rsbb, black toes don't do it just these.

Voice of reason. Repped.

I dont see whats wrong with anything being discussed here. Its all related to the subject at hand in one form or another. The denim talk is hilarious, the glitter talk is mysterious and concerning, the leather quality talk is informative. Whats the problem? Atleast the thread is alive and not crawling along at 2 posts a day.

Last edited:
I wonder will the triple blacks possibly have this glitter issue[emoji]129300[/emoji]

I would say almost guaranteed considering it's only the black leather that's affected.

Then again I got a pair of black and gums as a gift from my gf back in 2014, hated them then and I hate them now, of corse they show no signs of issue smh.

You're in a shoe forum, trying to clown people for taking care of the shoes that THEY bought with THEIR OWN money? [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]‍♂️

I never understood this. We all go through who knows what to get the shoes we want, whether it's standing in long lines or driving around getting tickets. So why not take care of them? Every single thing collected is someone else's junk. But that shouldn't affect you or your way of thinking.

Personally, trading cards are just cardboard. But does that take away from the value? Nope...

He wasn't clowning the other poster. though. He says he doesn't see the need.

I do understand though why some posters are being defensive when he mentioned "it's just shoes man"

In the end give and take guys. [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji]

As you mentioned does wipe off quite easy, but in the leather on my sbb it's still there kind of. It's just weird because my royals from this year, my rsbb, black toes don't do it just these.
Im sure they will eventually. Seems to only be on black leather. I dont have any on my 2016 pairs, but my sbb and everything before it do. I remember freaking out when I first saw glitter on my shadows years ago cause I never heard of it before, but I just wiped it off. 

But if it doesnt completely wipe off for you thats different, but I still wouldnt worry about it. Havent experienced that, yet. 

Im sure they will eventually. Seems to only be on black leather. I dont have any on my 2016 pairs, but my sbb and everything before it do. I remember freaking out when I first saw glitter on my shadows years ago cause I never heard of it before, but I just wiped it off. 

But if it doesnt completely wipe off for you thats different, but I still wouldnt worry about it. Havent experienced that, yet. 

Well that makes sense! I was checking my unc 1s to see before I read this post. Repped and thanks for the explanation. I UNDS'D my black toes yesterday and didn't notice anything, but makes sense now. I was thinking it was probably because they were DS.

I would say almost guaranteed considering it's only the black leather that's affected.

Then again I got a pair of black and gums as a gift from my gf back in 2014, hated them then and I hate them now, of corse they show no signs of issue smh.
the difference between triple blacks and the latter is they have tumbled leather, curious if just affects smooth black leather

Back
Top Bottom