Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Ooooh February is going to be hard with Black Cement 3s and Patent Leather Black 1s. Well looks like if the 3s are too hard to get I'll get Patent Leather Black 1's or vice versa.

I wouldnt even be mad if JB threw us a curve ball and gave us these gems instead. Patent leather joints are cool but a bit too flashy for my taste

JB throw us a curveball and give us fakes?

Regarding glitter...

I spoke with an associate from Brazil who works in textiles and petrochemicals. He suspects the “glitter” is the byproduct of a chemical reaction in the polyurethane used to seal or pigment the shoes. It is also possible that the leather itself is actually a synthetic composite with a polyurethane sub layer.

The chemical reaction, which can manifest as crystallization or outgassing, may be more specifically related to the isocyanate used in the formulation of the polyurethane. Because of the environmental and biological impact of Isocyanates, some companies have been changing their handling and use of these chemicals to be more green, and comply with stricter health regulations.

This could explain why shoes from 15 years ago (which may have been made from more toxic materials) hold up differently than shoes made from greener materials today. Most companies don’t like to publicly discuss the toxicity of their products.

Regarding glitter...

I spoke with an associate from Brazil who works in textiles and petrochemicals. He suspects the “glitter” is the byproduct of a chemical reaction in the polyurethane used to seal or pigment the shoes. It is also possible that the leather itself is actually a synthetic composite with a polyurethane sub layer.

The chemical reaction, which can manifest as crystallization or outgassing, may be more specifically related to the isocyanate used in the formulation of the polyurethane. Because of the environmental and biological impact of Isocyanates, some companies have been changing their handling and use of these chemicals to be more green, and comply with stricter health regulations.

This could explain why shoes from 15 years ago (which may have been made from more toxic materials) hold up differently than shoes made from greener materials today. Most companies don’t like to publicly discuss the toxicity of their products.
This is hilarious, but I'm assuming the stricter health regulatons must've just happened within the past 5 years since people have barely started noticing.

Regarding glitter...

Damn way to give a legitimate answer. Did your friend offer any solutions outside of leather lotion (which I'm trying for now).

Regarding glitter...

So we know a lot of J's come with a "coat" to keep the shoes looking new for a bit

I wonder if essentially rubbing the whole shoe down to remove that coat will prevent the "glitter" altogether even if it hasnt happened yet

I'd just leave the shoes alone. Attempting to "remove the coat" sounds like a recipe for disaster. Just wipe of the glitter off when you see it and let that be that.

So we know a lot of J's come with a "coat" to keep the shoes looking new for a bit

I wonder if essentially rubbing the whole shoe down to remove that coat will prevent the "glitter" altogether even if it hasnt happened yet
You're going to damage the leather doing that

Been sleeping on the black yin yangs and saw some people wearing them and now I need them lol. For those of you who have them...how's the leather???? Seen some outlets with the white pair for 50....The hunt for the black pair begins

Regarding glitter...

One guy on FB speculated that it may be a layer of finish on top of the paint that is hardening and breaking  causing the glitter. 
I guess the guy on FB was on to something. 

Been sleeping on the black yin yangs and saw some people wearing them and now I need them lol. For those of you who have them...how's the leather???? Seen some outlets with the white pair for 50....The hunt for the black pair begins
Just assume that all $160 Jordan 1 highs are going to have the same "quality" leather. It might look different, it might feel different, but it's all the same ish more or less which is why you pay the same price. Yin yangs are standard issue. Pretty soft, compared to like 2013 Jordan 1 highs, and they'll break in easily.

Back
Top Bottom