Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Only if they were high top
4156F822-56FA-451A-9223-7149B33FFB46.png

On my banned 1s from 2016, the right shoe looks like it has glitter on the black leather. I wipe it away, but it will come back. This glitter is not present on the left shoe, but the right shoe has it (pictured below)

Kind of hard to tell from the lighting in my room, but definitely there's glitter on it lol.

Is that normal for Banned 1s or for any 1s at all?

118f94z.jpg

I like my little collection. Not gonna lie, the beauty of having less pairs is being able to wear the favs more frequently without considering different options. Granted, I'm super pumped I'll have my full collection again but with this smaller collection of of sneakers I've been able to wear shoes I really wasnt wearing much(shoutout to the metallic reds ,black/whites, alternate motorsports, metallic V) and they'd become go-tos and favorites. When choosing outfits, I cant be worried about coordination of colors cuz my options are limited and they'd still work really well. Also, a big dope pro is that I get to really put some proper wear and age on the kicks. Taking things back to the basics and having a minimal approach to style and kicks was a really fun thing to do. All my pieces serve a purpose and I've reawakened my love for an unbranded simpler style. I dont need OW or Preme or whatever other trend in my closet. 2 pairs of jeans, a few t shirts, some good throwback pieces, good flannels, and simple but effective jackets really speak to me than having a closet full of sh*t that I'll only wear a few times outta the year.

no doubt

Im old enough to know better than to 'collect them all'. Especially having an advertising/marketing degree, it would be absolutely shameful to fall for it. Og 1s are what they are though and theres no safer shoe to collect for eventual profit. Other than that, these things are indestructible so having a couple favorite pairs is the practical way to go. Id feel ridiculous bringing a girl home and theres 20 pairs of the same shoe in different colors sitting in my room. Things like that raise eyebrows in a bad way. I love 1s but not enough to be obsessed with it. 5 pairs is more than enough for a lifetime. And when they wear out hopefully there will be a better version in the future to replace them with.

Union-LA-x-Air-Jordan-1.jpg

is it just me or is this the first appearance of the big swoosh's return to the hi 1s?

Also, the unfinished or unpainted parts at the cut are reminiscent of 80s 1s.

m_58bac913c6c79536d504cff4.jpg

Could these things be the next frags in terms of being the first of a new 1 mold?

is it just me or is this the first appearance of the big swoosh's return to the hi 1s?

Could these things be the next frags in terms of being the first of a new 1 mold?

New mold, more hype

Few homies already lined up for the new LA Jordan store opening on Saturday . Camping out for two nights . They got Breds / Court Purple / Pine + Clay Greens .

Thinking bout sending some $ through Venmo:smokin
88A7DE6D-3452-4263-BFF8-4C07E1312749.jpeg

A0049F21-1B43-4A10-A5FB-7E62CF3890E9.jpeg

I think that's the idea of the shoe but I bet itll be a one off deal for this release only. The idea is definitely a worn vintagized look when you take a gander at the collar of the neutral gray half of the black toe pair. I know I'm in the minority here but I definitely am not too big a fan of the over-oversized wings logo. the 80s version. 94's. and remaster wings logo's look best. For all we know this could just be a friends and family release.

Id feel ridiculous bringing a girl home and theres 20 pairs of the same shoe in different colors sitting in my room. Things like that raise eyebrows in a bad way.

Honestly, they are a nice conversation piece if you got the right kind of company or a female sneakerhead.

Few homies already lined up for the new LA Jordan store opening on Saturday . Camping out for two nights . They got Breds / Court Purple / Pine + Clay Greens .

Thinking bout sending some $ through Venmo:smokin
88A7DE6D-3452-4263-BFF8-4C07E1312749.jpeg

A0049F21-1B43-4A10-A5FB-7E62CF3890E9.jpeg

Camping for 2 nights? Sheesh

On my banned 1s from 2016, the right shoe looks like it has glitter on the black leather. I wipe it away, but it will come back. This glitter is not present on the left shoe, but the right shoe has it (pictured below)

Kind of hard to tell from the lighting in my room, but definitely there's glitter on it lol.

Is that normal for Banned 1s or for any 1s at all?

118f94z.jpg

Signed in just so we could all laugh together how every regular poster completely ignored this post. This question has really damaged a lot of people in this thread.

I think that's the idea of the shoe but I bet itll be a one off deal for this release only. The idea is definitely a worn vintagized look when you take a gander at the collar of the neutral gray half of the black toe pair. I know I'm in the minority here but I definitely am not too big a fan of the over-oversized wings logo. the 80s version. 94's. and remaster wings logo's look best. For all we know this could just be a friends and family release.
I didnt even notice that wings logo. They got the big swoosh but they enlarged the wings. If this is really the next mold, that would be the classic jordan catch 22 they seem to love pulling

no doubt

Im old enough to know better than to 'collect them all'. Especially having an advertising/marketing degree, it would be absolutely shameful to fall for it. Og 1s are what they are though and theres no safer shoe to collect for eventual profit. Other than that, these things are indestructible so having a couple favorite pairs is the practical way to go. Id feel ridiculous bringing a girl home and theres 20 pairs of the same shoe in different colors sitting in my room. Things like that raise eyebrows in a bad way. I love 1s but not enough to be obsessed with it. 5 pairs is more than enough for a lifetime. And when they wear out hopefully there will be a better version in the future to replace them with.

Some of us are married with 20 pairs of the same shoe in different colors :lol:

no doubt

yeah 5 pairs is a good number.
I am around 8-10 of 1's but once I off shadow double up, bred toes and purps (bc i dont have time to wear them), ill think be at:
black toes, breds, royals, shadows, metallic navy, pine green, game royal.. all the variety I would ever need.
(Broke my OG-only rule for pine greens because of Celtics fanfare...)

I need to start getting rid of some things myself. Too many shoes, not a lot of time.

And when I do have time I end up wearing the same stuff as usual anyway. I got stuff that haven't been worn for damn near a year. :smh:

shoes-jpg.2187931

Hope I'm not veering too far off topic from 1s as there are "only" four pairs in here but this is the current state of my rotation/collection. Everything gets worn at least once a month. I have no desire to cop anymore 1s until purple metallics get re-released. My top OGs are chicago, UNC, black/white, purple metallic, and royals.

Hopefully by this time next month I'll have Shadows and Pines to add to my Chicagos, SBBs, and Clays. That's my favorite 4 plus SBB. SBBs days are numbered. I'll prob end up selling them for Breds or or Purps or something. Orange aint it chief and i dont think itl ever be.

air-jordan-1-clay-green-555088-135-1.jpg

Retro-1-OG-Pine.png

air-jordan-1-chicago-2017-release.jpg

Air-Jordan-1-High-2016-Bred.jpg

All I really need. I can do anything with these 5 colorways.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom