Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
He definitely wasn’t trash but he certainly wasn’t GOAT. Let’s just look at his “lost tape” years-or years that people want to forget. Kobe’s last 4-5 years in the league were total garbage. He also had those 3 trash years with Smush Parker and co. That’s 8 years of trash. Jordan had his wizards days which some people want to smash him for-but MJs dark days looked nothing like Kobe’s. Kobe stans hate to admit these facts tho.

Idk didnt hear anyone say he was the Goat We all know thats mike but u guys said he was trash at best haahaha crazy. Guy was one of if not the most skilled player of all time. Guy had every move in the book.

OG Chicagos from 1985. Both deadstock.

reddit post 2.jpg

THERE IS NO DEBATE-Jordan is the hands down, THE BEST EVER. He’s probably the worst human-being out of that group though LOL. MJ was the anti Karpernick-“Republicans buy sneakers too”

Ummmm... I'd have to say Kobe is a worse human due to what he did to that girl in Colorado.

As for Adidas hoops shoes, they had some pretty good stuff (both performance and aesthetics) in the 90s. KB8s, KB8 2s, T-Macs, etc., but my favorite by far was the Intruder (John Starks' shoe). I had the black pair and loved them.

The early-mid 90s were the pinnacle of hoops shoes - Converse Run & Slam (Kevin Johnson) and AeroJam (LJ's Grandmama), Reebok's Shaq Attaq, Fila's Grant Hills, Nike's Foams, Barkleys and Pippens and AJ 5-13.

I mean DAMN.... what a time to have been alive!

Hoops shoes today are strictly performance, no style whatsoever.

Last edited:
Ummmm... I'd have to say Kobe is a worse human due to what he did to that girl in Colorado.

As for Adidas hoops shoes, they had some pretty good stuff (both performance and aesthetics) in the 90s. KB8s, KB8 2s, T-Macs, etc., but my favorite by far was the Intruder (John Starks' shoe). I had the black pair and loved them.

The early-mid 90s were the pinnacle of hoops shoes - Converse Run & Slam (Kevin Johnson) and AeroJam (LJ's Grandmama), Reebok's Shaq Attaq, Fila's Grant Hills, Nike's Foams and Pippens and AJ 5-13.

I mean DAMN.... what a time to have been alive!

Hoops shoes today are structly performance, no style whatsoever.

Thank you for this flashback!!! I had the KJs and grandmamas, and bk dimacells, pips, and grant hills.
And man-the Kobe rape case must have been in my “lost tapes” cause I totally forgot how he took that booty and got away with it.

I gotta disagree. Had MJ balled out exactly as he did, and had every exact moment that had throughout his amazing career, yet was wearing Adidas every step of the way, we’d still be buying and be fans of Jordans, an especially the Jordan 1 (Adidas version). Fashion is subjective, but it’s driven by “trendsetters,” celebrities, public icons, etc. Jordan’s are loved first and foremost because of the globally iconic player that Jordan was. Especially if he debuted in the NBA with a “banned” pair of Adidas due to their colors, the story would be the same. Also, the sneaker landscape would be so damn different had he joined Adidas, there’s no way to know where we’d be today as a result.

I have to disagree with you. Converse, Adidas, Puma, etc. had all the great players of their day - and did nothing exciting or out of the box with it. It was because Nike put all their eggs in the Jordan basket and were DESPERATE to get into the basketball sneaker market in a major way (instead of being a trivial player) got them to think outside the box and do things other shoe companies would not have done for Jordan. Having grown up during that time, part of Jordan's allure wasn't just that he was the best player (he didn't make it to the Finals for 5 seasons though), it was that he was winning scoring titles with so much swag - nobody played or had the style he had. Except my grandma, she has his denim.

Thank you for this flashback!!! I had the KJs and grandmamas, and bk dimacells, pips, and grant hills.
And man-the Kobe rape case must have been in my “lost tapes” cause I totally forgot how he took that booty and got away with it.

Oh yeah, those BKs were pretty nice, too! Forgot all about British Knights! Oh, and Ewing had his own line then, too, after he left Adidas.

If you don't think Jordan designs were "out there" on the level of Yeezy/Hu back in the day, then I don't know what to tell you. Stuff we think of as classic now, were mocked as moon boots when they originally released. Hell, even the XI's were crapped all over when they dropped. The top of the line stuff Adidas was dropping during Jordan's heyday was all either super basic or terrible.

I don't remember anyone clowning the 11's. We saw him warming up with Ahmad Rashad talking in the foreground and were like "WHAT ARE THOSE?!?!". I even paused the TV (I recorded all the games on VHS to watch later) and were trying to figure out what they were with that majestic 480i picture on pause. :emoji_rolling_eyes: These kids nowadays will never know the struggle.

If Jordan didn't have Tinker, and Tinker didn't have Jordan, this site probably wouldn't even exist today. It took the two of them coming together to blow up the sneaker world and make Nike the premiere basketball shoe company. Peter Moore killed it with the AJ1, but the AJ2 (as much as I love it) nearly killed the whole AJ line before it even started rolling. Tinker rescued it with the 3, and the rest is history.

I don't remember anyone clowning the 11's. We saw him warming up with Ahmad Rashad talking in the foreground and were like "WHAT ARE THOSE?!?!". I even paused the TV (I recorded all the games on VHS to watch later) and were trying to figure out what they were with that majestic 480i picture on pause. :emoji_rolling_eyes: These kids nowadays will never know the struggle.

I HATED the 11s for years. The "tuxedo shoe" aesthetic didn't appeal to me til I was like 30 lol. Growing up a Knicks fan and hating Jordan during that Bulls dominance era sure didn't help, though :lol:

Are you serious? Normal/non sneakerhead people clowned the hell outta the patent leather. Hell, I knew Jordan fiends that couldn't stand them. Like snkrfollower snkrfollower said, tons of people disliked the "tuxedo shoe."

Dont deal with this guy.
Biggest scam ever.
He asks for bulk for retail of the shoe.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190813-005639.png
    Screenshot_20190813-005639.png
    456.4 KB · Views: 86
Yes, they absolutely have to be cedar. IKEA shoe trees are the equivalent of stuffing them with socks. Make sure they are spring loaded in the middle(will help from preventing the banana shape). Cedar removes the toxins and sweat due to natural absorption properties of the wood. The sweat and toxins are what contribute considerably to cracking and really bad creasing and also cause nasty odors. If your feet smell, cedar trees will make your shoes smell soooooo nice(like cedar not fungus). Hope this helps for even for those who don’t like me!!:smile:
Dang... Looks like ima get me some cedar shoe trees. I had no idea. Thx man.

Back
Top Bottom