Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
2018 was ONLY a great year because when Gentry came back, most of the year’s releases were already planned ahead of time, before that buffoon returned. 2019 and 2020 we gonna get some hot gar
All the had to do was release a Black UNC and the Black/red.

Not this mashup crap. They could've sold me 2 pairs....instead I'm buying zero.

Gentry loves mashups and Frankensteining shoes together. See JordanXAir Force fusions-they made fusion 1,3,4,5,12,13 in multiple colorways:rofl:. Jordan dub zero was another Gentry “classic”. Mars, spizikes-yup Gentry on it like a fat kid on cake.

Here’s a picture of all of the 1 Highs I’ve customized. Originally both Premium Essentials (triple Sail and triple black), Hyper Royal, purple and orange Gatorades, Metallic Red, and all white Zip (removed zipper and punched lace holes). Hopefully you all enjoy.

2104850B-2012-4042-9711-DF93B78A4223.jpeg

Gentry’s fingerprints have been all over Jordan brand this year. He returned in 2018 but his influence is really starting to become evident in 2019. This is the man who made spizikes, mars, and JordanXAir Force 1 hybrids an actual thing, and ran those horrible silos to the ground with limitless colorways of trash. His predecessor did WORK to get Nike back on track against Adidas, but here Gentry comes, ruining everything again. There are so many people in the sneaker industry who are BETTER than Gentry buttttt JB sticks with the status quo of mediocrity. Gentry-even seeing the mans pic makes me wanna throw up. Yuck.
2019 has been the worst year for Jordan 1s. So many mediocre colorways with mediocre materials. Even the SBB 3.0 was bungled with the unnecessary, stupid dried snot finish.

I don't mind hybrids at all, and have a bunch of them myself (incl. Spizikes, Son of Mars and, yes, AJF1s), BUT the mainline retro lines should be free of the hybrid influence. Keep the Retro AJs clean with occasional interesting new colorways or materials, and save the Frankenshoe stuff for hybrid experimentation.

I look at it like comic books: keep the retros "in-canon," and the hybrid stuff can be your "Elseworlds" releases lol

For a shoe as polarizing as the SBB 3.0, a shoe that sold out as quick as it did, and seemed to be more limited than a lot of recent OG 1’s, it sure is quiet in here...

Gentry’s fingerprints have been all over Jordan brand this year. He returned in 2018 but his influence is really starting to become evident in 2019. This is the man who made spizikes, mars, and JordanXAir Force 1 hybrids an actual thing, and ran those horrible silos to the ground with limitless colorways of trash. His predecessor did WORK to get Nike back on track against Adidas, but here Gentry comes, ruining everything again. There are so many people in the sneaker industry who are BETTER than Gentry buttttt JB sticks with the status quo of mediocrity. Gentry-even seeing the mans pic makes me wanna throw up. Yuck.
This makes me super curious as to how the design process at Jordan Brand works, from concept to release. Like, is he the final say on what comes out?

I really can’t disagree with what you’re saying at all - 2017/2018 saw a lot of great releases of 1s, but 2019 (and looking to 2020) seems like we’ve turned a corner. A lot more emphasis on mids, and poor-man’s version of Lows, as well as a lot of odd details implemented on 1 Highs. It’s honestly been a lot of money saved for me this year.

After these 85s they need To vault the Aj1 OG high.

I’m sick of the nonsense

I agree. Time to vault of highs. ANYONE hyped for the OG 85s in 2020, you better save as much $$$$ as you can now. The last time I remember Jb putting the year+OG branding on a shoe, was for the Jordan 3 OG 88s that released years ago-Those were darn near impossible to cop and yea I think Gentry was at the helm when those dropped too.

Does anyone here know how/why do they crinkle the leather like that? Has this been prove to actually be “flyleather” or is this a NT-leather expert rumor based on the texture/feel of the leather?

Nah, it's the leather expert BS. Every true flyleather release so far has been labeled as one.

After these 85s they need To vault the Aj1 OG high.

I’m sick of the nonsense

Too much of a money-maker to vault OG 1s.

Instead, they could mass produce a few releases and treat them like the AJ 11s. This ironically would probably weed out most, if not all, of the cws most people dislike.

Most of the 1 “fans” are actually just hype fans. This is evident by how metallic 1s sat, only true fans wanted them.
and they’re pretty good at generating hype with all these weird colorways. It’s probably in their best interest to keep these limited, else they hype dies down to pre Kanye wearing royals levels.

Back
Top Bottom