Official Air Jordan 11 Retro "Bred" - The aftermath.... No Buying/Selling/Trading

I'm as new as they get to the sneaker game.  This was the last pair of Jordan's I bought in my teens and I'm 35 now.  I loved them back then ad I'm stoked theyre making another run.  They really dont seem to be very limited if they're allowing online purchases of 2 max for adults and no limit on youth and child sizes.  This was the first lottery for a pair of sneakers and I got picked.  Ive tried for a few pairs online in the past 1-2 years and have struck out every time (Ray Allen's, BRED IV, BRED VI, and Johnny Kilroys).  Should I consider myself lucky?  Or will these still be available after work on Friday?  I have to go into work late if I want these sneakers, which I dont really want to do.  I wont lose my job.  I just like to have a perfect record in hopes of a great xmas onus and raise come Q1/2013.  Am I way off base here by saying that?  I really dont know.  Seems like a lot of hype, but I could be completely wrong.  And what if 11.5's dont fit me and I need a 12.  I havent bought a pair of Nike's in well over a decade and different shoe companies fit me differently.  I have been wearing Montrail,  Merrel, and New Balance most recently.  Not sure if I should go to work late just for a pair of sneakers.  Seems like the time I miss would be more valuable than the cost of the shoes.  Any advice?  I read about 10 pages of this thread and see mixed thoughts.  

whoever is sharing the app is an f'ing moron! why would you share something that give you an edge, that will spread like wildfire to the entire sneaker community? this will render the program completely useless if everyone is using it. You guys are like women flaunting, and cant help. :smh:

Last edited:
Good thing to live in Europe when it comes to shoe releases; just walk into a random Footlocker and pick these up tomorrow :D

what time do they usually call for raffles? (they're doing it tomorrow for my area)
if it's in the morning ill try to be up so I can answer their call, otherwise ima sleep through it
laugh.gif
for the bred 4s i got my call at 2 pm

No luck on the ntla or ntsm RSVP when it seems like everyone got in. Didn't even get the finishline f*ing draft email. Couldnt do the ftl raffles and will probably strike out on UK sites and ndc. I don't even try the other sites cuz I never get s#it. I just resellers don't rape me fml

This is dumb, even if you were around for the og's etc. What if you couldn't cop then? have you seen the dumb prices people want even for the CDP pair. The shoes are being retro'd and people clearly would rather spend $185 on a new fresh retro. Just because people want thunder 4's are you going to make sure you should have got them back in 06 just because it might be your favourite shoe?

This is the lamest, trying-too-hard-to-be-cool, piece of garbage I have almost seen. It's only missing the word swag repeated over and over. Some of us have the 2001s, the OGs, and the CDP (I personally didn't get the CDP pair) but they're worn out. It'd be nice to have a nice new pair, even if the quality isn't quite where it used to be.

Couldn't afford J's back in the days, so personally I'm glad they've been (re)retroing all the classics the last few years :smile:

I guess that's true for a lot of their customers; most people who were relatively young when Jordan was playing are now in their mid 30's.

No luck on the ntla or ntsm RSVP when it seems like everyone got in. Didn't even get the finishline f*ing draft email. Couldnt do the ftl raffles and will probably strike out on UK sites and ndc. I don't even try the other sites cuz I never get s#it. I just resellers don't rape me fml

You wont get a pair with that attitude sir

I didnt win any raffles or twitter rsvp. I am 0 for 6 with in twitter rsvp career. I legt sent my DM within 5-8 seconds of Nike town sending out the tweet. Does it go by who DM's first or do they take all DM's and then randomly select who wins??
mad.gif

Alot of salty folks in here, just because its their first time buying Jordans doesnt mean you have to crucify them. You gotta start your collection somewhere dont you? Thats like hating on a younging because he wants to just now start listening to NWA or Bone Thugs, quit being salty that you didnt get a pair or that you have to work harder to get it. Bunch of grown males sounding like preteens.

Alot of salty folks in here, just because its their first time buying Jordans doesnt mean you have to crucify them. You gotta start your collection somewhere dont you? Thats like hating on a younging because he wants to just now start listening to NWA or Bone Thugs, quit being salty that you didnt get a pair or that you have to work harder to get it. Bunch of grown males sounding like preteens.

This^^

Most of us (I'm 34) know the "significance" of this shoe, the #fathersday, and #72 wins etc, is not lost on us. If it is on some of the other younger cats, oh well so what? If you got your pair (s) on lock be happy and keep it moving.

Congratulations to all who have secured their pairs already, and for those of you still trying and waiting on raffles, good luck! Hope everyone gets theirs. I was able to get in on the Finish Live draft and they came through on the GMP back in August, so I can't really hate on them. Merry Christmas all!! :nerd: :smokin

im not sure if this has been posted, but i saw this on the gram today and its so true...

Whoever made this went 0 for 20 with the raffles and draft . This lame is just licking its wounds because he or she can't cop. If this was a real "sneakerhead" they would know that the black/red XIs sold out and had hype in 96,01,08 and now

whoever is sharing the app is an f'ing moron! why would you share something that give you an edge, that will spread like wildfire to the entire sneaker community? this will render the program completely useless if everyone is using it. You guys are like women flaunting, and cant help. :smh:

MEMPHIS JUST CAN'T HELP IT BRO.

[COLOR=#red]Ok guys.
As we get closer to release, let me get some friendly reminders out there.
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#red]PROFANITY - It needs to stop. Dont get upset if you are issued an infraction and using **** doesnt help your cause. People can easily fill in the blanks so it defeats the purpose.
BUYING/SELLING - Cant do it in here. Sorry. Dont ask stuff like "ANYONE HAVE AN EXTRA SIZE XXXX???" or post stock room photos. I can promise that a new member may realistically get banned. A more seasoned member may get banned or issued an infraction. It really depends.
ARGUING - Let's not derail this thread anymore because you mad someone has X amount of pairs or raffle tickets. Pics of volume raffle tickets will be deleted also. No need to e-flaunt. Both parties will be issued infractions if the argument is severe enough.
EASTBAYREP - Leave the eastbay rep alone if you arent asking intelligent questions. No why do you hate Canada questions... Do you resell questions etc... We dont want to lose the support eastbay provides. Infractions will be handed out for people that cant understand this.
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#red]
Please, lets just keep the positivity going and keep dropping info for those that need.

I hate to be the bad guy, but someone has to do it.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
I'm as new as they get to the sneaker game.  This was the last pair of Jordan's I bought in my teens and I'm 35 now.  I loved them back then ad I'm stoked theyre making another run.  They really dont seem to be very limited if they're allowing online purchases of 2 max for adults and no limit on youth and child sizes.  This was the first lottery for a pair of sneakers and I got picked.  Ive tried for a few pairs online in the past 1-2 years and have struck out every time (Ray Allen's, BRED IV, BRED VI, and Johnny Kilroys).  Should I consider myself lucky?  Or will these still be available after work on Friday?  I have to go into work late if I want these sneakers, which I dont really want to do.  I wont lose my job.  I just like to have a perfect record in hopes of a great xmas onus and raise come Q1/2013.  Am I way off base here by saying that?  I really dont know.  Seems like a lot of hype, but I could be completely wrong.  And what if 11.5's dont fit me and I need a 12.  I havent bought a pair of Nike's in well over a decade and different shoe companies fit me differently.  I have been wearing Montrail,  Merrel, and New Balance most recently.  Not sure if I should go to work late just for a pair of sneakers.  Seems like the time I miss would be more valuable than the cost of the shoes.  Any advice?  I read about 10 pages of this thread and see mixed thoughts.  

coming from another thirty-something, these will not be available after you get off work. if you won the raffle, get the shoes asap or get someone to go for you. last year was the first time i bought the xi's online (concords). i was able to wait about an hour before opening for the cool greys in '10 and space jams in '09. each year the hype got worse and kids were lining up days before release.

remember when kids were murdered for their jordans in the 90's? this was the colorway.

as far as sizing, if the 11.5 don't fit, it'll be almost impossible to exchange later on for a different size. i know friends in the past that have sold their pair on ebay based on the market value (looks to be in the 300 to 350 range) and used that money to buy the size they needed. it's a hassle, but seems to be the safest option as opposed to "trading" with a stranger online.

every year ive said "surely nike will release enough so that every man woman and child can get a pair to avoid long lines, campouts, online servers crashing, and violence". but i have not seen one thing change in the past decade! and now we're talking about perhaps the most popular colorway.

Whoever made this went 0 for 20 with the raffles and draft . This lame is just licking its wounds because he or she can't cop. If this was a real "sneakerhead" they would know that the black/red XIs sold out and had hype in 96,01,08 and now
no not at the rate like today, Maybe the CDP soldout but here in NYC the OG's and the 2001's were easy pickups and didnt not sellout out at least a few weeks

I'm still picking up my pair from Roosevelt as soon as they open, something just doesn't sit right with me going later on in the day. I just wanna get my pair and go back to sleep so there is no confusion, or my pair being "lost"or sold.

I'm still picking up my pair from Roosevelt as soon as they open, something just doesn't sit right with me going later on in the day. I just wanna get my pair and go back to sleep so there is no confusion, or my pair being "lost"or sold.
Never bought from nike roosevelt, they do shady stuff there?

This is dumb, even if you were around for the og's etc. What if you couldn't cop then? have you seen the dumb prices people want even for the CDP pair. The shoes are being retro'd and people clearly would rather spend $185 on a new fresh retro. Just because people want thunder 4's are you going to make sure you should have got them back in 06 just because it might be your favourite shoe?

:nthat:

Got a hired gun to get me my 11.5 from Roosevelt. I did the RSVP myself for my brother's size 10, got in within 9 seconds and I was successful. I tried both the mobile text and through the comp. I usually NEVER get the RSVP so I believe it was a combination of two things:

1.) They probably make more 10s than 11.5s because it is a more popular size therefore I picked the right size to RSVP

2.) 9 seconds via the computer is pretty fast so I think there might be hope that it is a first come first serve.

I was one of the people who felt it was rigged but now I realize there are so many people using apps/computer programs that your size and how fast you do it DOES matter. Some of the people that are saying they get successful after a minute or two must be trying for a size 15 or 7.5 but if they aren't I have no theory on why they get picked....

Question:

Did they change it from midnight to 8am because people on the west coast weren't able to get pairs due to the time difference? Because I remember when you could cop a pair of shoes at midnight, but it never crossed my mind about the west coast. How did they get their pairs?

Back
Top Bottom