Official Air Jordan 11 Retro "Bred" - The aftermath.... No Buying/Selling/Trading

If I had the money, I'd have atleast two pairs of my favorite shoes. Just to have fresh pairs on reserve.

I've sold shoes, at least 50 pair, to fund payments for other shoes. I've went to Canada and bought 15 pairs of Frankenstein AF1's, got on Ebay and sold them for $45 over retail. Sold out. Did the same thing with invisible af1s and countless others. It's not about Jordans, it's about having something that people want and are willing to pay you whatever price you're asking for them. I've seen stores in Detroit like Detroit Authentics, sell red low sheed AF1's for $450 to dope boys or kids with a part time job who save.

I've never charged $150 over retail, but I would if I could get it. I have NO problem with anyone who sells products, that's life. I have a problem with NIke not doing pre-orders at retail locations for production. 500,000 is enough pairs for every one who wants them, I really believe that, but X amount were bought by people who just want to sell them to the some of those people who really want them at a mark up. That's life. The different in these shoes and most products are that an ipad will come out, its just sold out for now. a few weeks, maybe days, their will be a million more. These shoes, you get once every few years at the most.

I don't have a retail account or own a shop and I wouldn't want to.
However I do know many many people who have retail accounts and shops.
Nike needs retail stores. They do not have the necessary infrastructure in place or the desire to directly sell all the shoes they produce themselves.
Selling most of their shoes through retail accounts allows Nike to sell below the MSRP at their factory stores. People think they're getting deals, but Nike is actually making way more money per pair selling 25-40% below box price at their factory stores than they do wholesaling to retail account holders.
My point exactly and again you are speaking from the point of view of account holders who really don't care about the price only their percentage. If they were given 60% on the ticket they they would be talking differently. Infrastructure is not important as it once was. Look at all the internet computer and tech companies who go factory direct and are responsible for a much larger packages and higher dollar goods. Also. nike in most cases would only have to purchase the space next to their outlets and go from there. Nike needs retail store like a kingpin needs street level dealers but the feind is really who keep the wheel turning. EBay doesn't sell anything be space and the platform, the business model is changing!

My point exactly and again you are speaking from the point of view of account holders who really don't care about the price only their percentage. If they were given 60% on the ticket they they would be talking differently. Infrastructure is not important as it once was. Look at all the internet computer and tech companies who go factory direct and are responsible for a much larger packages and higher dollar goods. Also. nike in most cases would only have to purchase the space next to their outlets and go from there. Nike needs retail store like a kingpin needs street level dealers but the feind is really who keep the wheel turning. EBay doesn't sell anything be space and the platform, the business model is changing!

Believe it or not Nike & Jordan brand have a lot of other interests in mind besides retro Jordan releases.

So you're saying if you were a competitive athlete (be it highschool, college, etc) you'd be happy ordering running sneakers online?
Hell, my mom won't buy a pair of sneakers without trying them on and all she does is put them on a few times a week to go walking.
You don't think theres a place in the market for physical retail stores?

Can you name 1 large mainstream footwear company that only does direct internet or phone sales?

Do you comprehend how many stores there are with Nike retail account?
Nike has no desire to open 40,000 (I'm just making up a number for sake of argument) additional Nike retail stores and phasing out their retail account holders.

The business model isn't changing. It's evolving.

Last edited:
Ebay and Craigslist...before that you were stuck selling pairs in your local area...

And before eBay and Craigslist it was waiting to go to the mall on Sundays after church waaayyyyyyyy after release date . Then waiting for her and pops to finish shopping around at jcpenny , Macy's , filenes basement and THEN IF they weren't tired enough they'd take you to footlocker . And if they had enough pairs in stock then they take you back to buy them 2 weeks after , when they got paid again .

I cherish my pairs . I always had to wait to cop em . That's why I despise re sellers .

Im amazed at the hype honestly. Some retros are cool but every Jordan is NOT hot but you stamp retro on it and zoom, it seems to fly out the door. I bought Jordans because of several reasons but never to sit in a closet, believe that and im not knocking those that do but it amazes me that you can almost find any non-Jordan retro at a store at retail or sale but seldom a Jordan retro consistently but its funny, i never see people wearing Retros in Chicago on the regular but they sell out immediately. Its like they disappear or something. LOL.

does that make peoples skin boil?

Nope. I learned allot from this weekend so if i want something, i know how to go about so i appreciate the sharing of sites and strategies, LOL.

Believe it or not Nike & Jordan brand have a lot of other interests in mind besides retro Jordan releases.
So you're saying if you were a competitive athlete (be it highschool, college, etc) you'd be happy ordering running sneakers online?
You don't think theres a place in the market for physical retail stores?
Can you name 1 large mainstream footwear company that only does direct internet or phone sales?
Do you comprehend how many stores there are with Nike retail account?
Nike has no desire to open 40,000 (I'm just making up a number for sake of argument) additional Nike retail stores and phasing out their retail account holders.
The business model isn't changing. It's evolving.
Evolution is change and to be honest the average high school athelete is shopping based on marketing and price. The average college athelete is is being issued the shoes by their school. I do think there's a place in the market for retailers but it's not even 50 percent of what it once was because the major market percentage of buyers are shopping for casual usage. And even if nike has 100,000 account holders when they sell their 30 pair per store the production/sales numbers are the reflection of what the next move should be. My father and I use to bump heads all the time about the evolution of traditional business operations. Sadly but true brick and mortar is becoming a smaller part of what matters. For example, if you walk into a mall with 10 Nike/jordan account holders and they all had 1 model of each shoe in each size for and 10 computers to order and they guaranteed over night do you think sales would lag that much on any model. Now modify that and stock you Tier 1 products like Lunars, lower price Air Max, and general shoes. You getting my drift now. And for naming one mainstream footwear company that is factory direct, for a long time you couldn't name a company that rerelease the same shoe at a higher price each release and those items only rised in popularity and sales. 

Lets be real, if Nike really wanted to, they could continue making the shoes after the release date, or even allow pre-orders and make that amount plus. They do not even allow the stores to pre-order, because they love the rush. I do not think it is profit driven, its marketing. The common customers save up and do not get their pair, so they end up buying another pair or 2 just because they are in the store. Kids who have never even seen Jordan play rush to the stores. So it will carry from generation to generation. 

Evolution is change and to be honest the average high school athelete is shopping based on marketing and price. The average college athelete is is being issued the shoes by their school. I do think there's a place in the market for retailers but it's not even 50 percent of what it once was because the major market percentage of buyers are shopping for casual usage. And even if nike has 100,000 account holders when they sell their 30 pair per store the production/sales numbers are the reflection of what the next move should be. My father and I use to bump heads all the time about the evolution of traditional business operations. Sadly but true brick and mortar is becoming a smaller part of what matters. For example, if you walk into a mall with 10 Nike/jordan account holders and they all had 1 model of each shoe in each size for and 10 computers to order and they guaranteed over night do you think sales would lag that much on any model. Now modify that and stock you Tier 1 products like Lunars, lower price Air Max, and general shoes. You getting my drift now. And for naming one mainstream footwear company that is factory direct, for a long time you couldn't name a company that rerelease the same shoe at a higher price each release and those items only rised in popularity and sales. 

There's no winning when you throw stupid into the equation...

So you win.

There's no winning when you throw stupid into the equation...
So you win.
Stupid, WOOOOOWWWW!!!!! Definately an account holder, who moonlights on EBAY and Marketplaces. You know their are plenty of operations who operate similar to this. Mom and Pops use to order stuff for people all the time. Major retailers use to order out of stock items for customers to. See you the type who learned business in school, I learned it the trenches. You can be ahead of the curve, or trying to catch up to the curve. Believe it one not it's already happening. Restocking is the first phase, are you thinking?

i think...or hope he is really speaking on the dudes who cop multiple pair in 5 different sizes...which I am not mad at all...do what you gotta do...
But again I bring up the thirst...I passed on ALOT of these kicks while I was in college so forth...everything comes back out and now I have virtually every kick I've ever wanted...
If you can't find your shoes at your price range, WALK AWAY...I have before and would in a heartbeat again if needed...they are shoes...
Bingo , you nailed it right on the money bro .

70% of the retro's they re-release , will get released again in a few years .

just like the olympic 7's . After the 2004 release everyone was going bananas trying to cop em . All i heard was " This is the last time they are EVER going to release them ! i need to get them asap ! " . And look , FTLOTG , and then this years drop .

But again .. looking back at the past several years .. JB has not been dropping old colorway'ed J's for a whhhhhiiiiillllllleeeeeee . So i can imagine that everyone is trying to cop em before they dissapear for another 6- 8 years .

Stupid, WOOOOOWWWW!!!!! Definately an account holder, who moonlights on EBAY and Marketplaces. You know their are plenty of operations who operate similar to this. Mom and Pops use to order stuff for people all the time. Major retailers use to order out of stock items for customers to. See you the type who learned business in school, I learned it the trenches. You can be ahead of the curve, or trying to catch up to the curve. Believe it one not it's already happening. Restocking is the first phase, are you thinking?

can someone please tell me what he's trying to say and if there's a point?

Last edited:
That's pthat is the best post I've seen on this whole thread. So true. Thumbs up to you my friend.
Thank you .

i always used to have to preety much beg my parents for a pair of $120.00 Air Jordan's when i was younger . My father would always be quick to say no . But after bringing home a few 80's and 90's on math tests He'd let me pick out ONE pair AFTER all the bills paid ( for the month ) , grocery's bought and stocked and gas was oozing out of the nozel on his old isuzu .

Thats why i get a little aggrivated when i see all these 12 year old punks run there Jordan's to the ground with out a care . knowing that mommy and daddy will buy them a new pair in the following month . smh

Man go away, you started something. It got thick and you trying to side talk your way out of it. 

I made my points. I know I am correct and you're still trying to argue.

Your last few posts have been giving me a head ache trying to decipher.

You win brah. Jordan's going to focus on doing direct internet sales. Severing ties with Foot Locker, Finish Line and all other stores that have physical accounts.

And they will be opening 10,000+ Nike retail stores within 6 months just to be safe.

Mr. deltadogman1, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

^stole that one from Billy Madison

Last edited:
So Christmas Eve I am at the mall with my son, looking to see what toddler kicks are out there for me to put under the tree. Footaction dude is carrying around the stealth foams but not in my size. I tell him I'll take them but only if no one else in the store wants them. Everyone he asks either is a half size too big or small or doesn't want to pay $220 +tax.

I buy and selling them tomorrow for $350. Taking that dough and buying my correct size.
Technically doesn't that make me a reseller? Who cares? Let them do them...

Back
Top Bottom