OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

ASM's new creative team is Nick Spencer and Ryan Ottley! :wow: Damn. Guess I'm going to be getting Spidey again. I love Superior Foes.

Discovered a comic book shop near home and I'm now tempted in getting back into pull list. Smh.

But I picked up Seven to Eternity Vol. 1 & 2 by Rick Remender, final issue of Invincible, and Jim Lee's 92 X-Men #1

Debating how I should go about reading Invincible before reading the final issue.

Has anyone read Old Man Hawkeye? Looked interesting, but I decided not to buy it.

ASM's new creative team is Nick Spencer and Ryan Ottley! :wow: Damn. Guess I'm going to be getting Spidey again. I love Superior Foes.
Same here. Do you know when this run will begin?

I tried looking for the last three issues of ASM and every shop I've called said their sold out. Looked at eBay prices and their ridiculous.

Also, finally bought tickets to Wonder-Con in Anaheim? Has anyone gone or plan on attending this year? It's my first time attending a comic convention and not sure how I should plan my Saturday lol.

Anyone have tips?

Dan Slott's artist for Iron Man is Valerio Schiti. The pitch sounds crazy even though I've never seen either show. I hope Dan Slott gets the juice back with this one.

Marvel’s New IRON MAN #1 Keeps It Unreal (Exclusive Interview)

“You’re going to see a superhero comic that’s somewhere between Rick & Morty and Black Mirror.”

That’s how author Dan Slott described Tony Stark: Iron Man, his upcoming comic with artist Valerio Schiti for Marvel‘s “Fresh Start” relaunch. Everyone’s favorite billionaire techno-genius is back, and this time it’s going to get weird. Nerdist sat down with writer Dan Slott and artist Valerio Schiti for an exclusive interview about Tony Stark: Iron Man.

Source: https://nerdist.com/marvel-tony-stark-iron-man-dan-slott-valerio-schiti-interview/

Tony-Stark-Iron-Man-Marvel-Exclusive-Nerdist-666x1024.jpg

Valerio Schiti art :pimp:

He's ****ing great. Since he's got to Marvel (Sif run) I've loved his work.

Anyone get The Terrifics?
Got it. Still haven't read it yet. I've been insanely backed up as of late.

Been watching movies too much as of late.

Last edited:
Picked up more #1's of 1991 X-Men. ASM issues of Human Torch's death (Really liked the cover) and a bunch of Jeff Lemire trades.

Currently reading Seven To Eternity and it's okay so far. Don't know what's really going on. Also reading Deadly Class and I enjoyed the first volume.

Death of Wolverine was a good read. I was expecting a little bit more, but still a good story.

Anyone going to check out Kirkman's new title this week? I started a pull list and added it. Hopefully I don't anything else.

What's the name of it?

I wss figuring I'd be done with him when Invincible ends and/or whenever he ends TWD comic.

What's the name of it?

I wss figuring I'd be done with him when Invincible ends and/or whenever he ends TWD comic.
Oblivion Song.

There's a mini web-comic on YouTube. Not sure if I like the artwork, but I'll give it a try.

Trying to find ASM #700 and they're so expensive on eBay. Smh.

I'm having regrets giving away my comic collection. Smh.

Found a NM copy of ASM #700 and picked up the Ghost Rider #15 with the glow in the dark cover.

Just finished reading Vol.1 & 2 of Seven to Eternity and it's a really cool story. May consider buying the next trade.

Going to start the current ASM run this weekend and possibly Thanos.

Oh, does anyone know if the Maximum Carnage Story Arc is any good?

Bruh, the Maximum Carnage arc from the early 90s?

That was TERRIBAD. HORRIFIC.

That **** gave me a headache reading it. Joint is like 14 parts and just goes on and on with the plot just dragging.

Read at your own risk.

Last edited:
Bruh, the Maximum Carnage arc from the early 90s?

That was TERRIBAD. HORRIFIC.

That **** gave me a headache reading it. Joint is like 14 parts and just goes on and on with the plot just dragging.

Read at your own risk.
Thanks for the insight. I was considering buying the entire comic lot of that storyline arc, but I decided not to.

Just finished reading Vol. 1 of Thanos and Royal City.

Man, Thanos was really good. I really want to buy Vol. 2 now.

Dan Slott's run is going to be playing with hundreds of new armor suits. :wow: This sounds absolutely nuts. I can't wait for this run. :pimp:

EXCLUSIVE: Concept Art for Nine New Iron Man Armors

When Dan Slott and Valerio Schiti launch Tony Stark: Iron Man in June, Marvel Comics’s latest solo comic to star the founding Avenger will feature the obligatory new armor for its titular hero — and then some.

According to Schiti, the new series will actually feature hundreds of new armors. “To do new designs is one of my favorite things in comics,” the artist said when discussing the return of Tony to the Iron Man identity. “Here I have the chance to play with such an iconic character, to try different styles, to use classic suits, and to create new and extraordinary armors.”

CBR has an interview coming soon in which Slott digs into some detail about the plans for the series, and ahead of publication, we have the exclusive first look at nine of the hundreds of different armors Schiti has been cooking up.

“The designs and character work he’s doing is really beautiful—this is stunning work,” Slott told CBR of the work his artistic collaborator is pouring into the project. ” The way he draws the characters and the tech—I can’t imagine anyone else doing this. He’s really bringing his A-Game. I can’t wait for people to see this all in action!”

“One of the things we’re doing in the book is that for the most part there is no one set Iron Man armor. If you’re Tony Stark you can build whatever you want,” Slott added, explaining the reason he and Schiti are blowing out Tony’s hi-tech options. “So why not have a different suit for the different problems you’re facing? Are we going to have a base suit? Yes, because he has to appear over in Avengers and have a consistent look. But when you’re in Tony Stark: Iron Man, though, Valerio is going to have complete freedom to go crazy with all kinds of new armors! We’re taking this toy chest — and we’ve decided it’s not big enough! We’re building extensions!

Tony Stark: Iron Man is expected to arrive in June 2018 from the creative team of Dan Slott and Valerio Schiti, with covers by Alexander Lozano.

Source: https://www.cbr.com/tony-stark-iron-man-armor-concept-art/

IM-Suit-Test01.jpg

IM-Suit-Test02.jpg

IM-Suit-Test03.jpg

The Justice League roster for Snyder's run post-Metal is Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Cyborg, Martian Manhunter, HAWKWOMAN, and GREEN LANTERN JOHN STEWART! Cotdamn! If you didn't know, the creative team is Scott Snyder, Jim Cheung, and Jorge Jimenez. :wow:

If you haven't been reading Metal, Martian Manhunter is back btw.

no-justice-600x870.jpg

Scott Snyder is a real one. Thanks for looking out.

jltas.jpg

The Justice League roster for Snyder's run post-Metal is Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Cyborg, Martian Manhunter, HAWKWOMAN, and GREEN LANTERN JOHN STEWART! Cotdamn! If you didn't know, the creative team is Scott Snyder, Jim Cheung, and Jorge Jimenez. :wow:

If you haven't been reading Metal, Martian Manhunter is back btw.

no-justice-600x870.jpg

Scott Snyder is a real one. Thanks for looking out.

jltas.jpg

Jim Cheung drawing? That is going to be a very nice looking book.

Dan Slott's run is going to be playing with hundreds of new armor suits. :wow: This sounds absolutely nuts. I can't wait for this run. :pimp:

IM-Suit-Test01.jpg

IM-Suit-Test02.jpg

IM-Suit-Test03.jpg
I may check out Slott's run on Iron Man. I haven't read any Iron Man since Fraction was writing. But I'd like to think Slott will do well with the direction.

I finally got around to reading Lemire's Gideon Falls and Kirkman's Oblivion Song. Enjoyed Gideon Falls more, but I like the concept of Oblivion Song.

Back
Top Bottom