OFFICIAL Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) Thread - DK,FD vol. Addictive Personalities Beware

It's a skill. Just not the skill everybody would normally say it is. Unpredictable at times? Yeah, but if you know what your doing and if you know how to set up a lineup to consistently do well, that's a skill.

after playing for about  month consistently, hard to believe that this "game"  comes downs to skills. this ish is unpredictable as hell no matter what data or stats you look at..... fun as hell tho... love playing
Its hilarious cuz my coworkers stay researchin and changin they LU just to regret it

I am 0-2 playing Snead. He's dead to me.

Blount 
indifferent.gif
 I rocked with Dion for a few weeks and he was solid, that's what I get.

Hopkins is still my dude, though.

Lamar Miller saved a couple lineups I think. I'm down for some Lamar.

I think I'm cursed in GPP too. I'm off that for now.

I think I'm good going into tomorrow night, though. I'm leading comfortably in a couple contests, in the money in a couple others and most of the people below me likely have Palmer (who I have) and either Fitz or Brown (and I have Brown) so I should hold them off.

Then I'll make my money back from my initial deposit, and have a nice bankroll to play for the NBA season. 
pimp.gif

Never played before and decided to try this out. I'm currently sitting at winning $12 but depending on what happens tonight and tomorrow and can get bumped down correct?

I strongly lean towards playing Sunday only slates cause I'm impatient and I also hate the feeling of being in the money before SNF & slowly watching it depreciate over the final 2 games

after playing for about  month consistently, hard to believe that this "game"  comes downs to skills. this ish is unpredictable as hell no matter what data or stats you look at..... fun as hell tho... love playing

I'm 99% sure I'd be extremely successful at DFS if I spent 8-10 hrs a day researching, analyzing stats, watching RedZone etc & avoiding GPP completely.

But that's not the reality I live in lol so I'll be happy to not lose all my dough. Ready to get the true grind going now with NBA doe - lot less variables to consider for success

Last edited:
Im just chillin in last place in all my cash games

Ill be off Saints players outside of Ingram. Had Snead across the board. Had Delanie Walker as well. TE difficult position man.

Hopefully Palmer, Fitz and Cantanzo or whatever the kicker is for Cards come thru.

It's definitely the hardest. (NFL)

You can do well in all Sports in DFS, and skill is 90% of it even if it doesn't seem like it, but 10% is luck and you NEED luck every week, but the skill eliminates how much luck you need.

The issue with NFL is that is is once a week, so your chance to succeed is already much lower than NBA or MLB, so your approach has to be different.

This is why I find little success in NFL,  because I can't/won't implement the things needed for success, which is multiple entries.

IMO, of course.

Last edited:
I'm excited for the NBA. I did great in the preseason games I played, plus it'll be nice to have a little something every day or so.

The only thing that makes me weary of playing NBA is that im not confident in my knowledge of players.

In the NFL i know a bunch of players, the players that arent stars but will get you points,

The only thing that makes me weary of playing NBA is that im not confident in my knowledge of players.

In the NFL i know a bunch of players, the players that arent stars but will get you points,

It will take some time but not much if you study.
It's like learning Spanish or picking up any new trade, apply yourself, study, play, learn, correct mistakes, and before you know it you've learned the game.

Did this with MLB this year, I've always been a fan of all sports, but only knew NBA front to back. After a season of MLB DFS and frequenting the MLB thread, I can hold a pretty decent discussion and sometimes debate on certain aspects of it, but I soaked it up, did pretty well on DFS, and found a new appreciation for the Sport that I never made time for before.

Lost plenty, got laughed at plenty in the MLB thread, but now, I'm pretty confident.

Sorry for the ramble, i just wanted to offer some encouragement.

Last edited:
I think knowledge and lack of knowledge can both have their advantages. 

I don't know every single player in the NFL, so I do a little more research, look at matchups, targets, etc., and I don't have a lot of bias with favorite players or teams to influence me. It's more just looking at numbers and a little bit of my gut. Whereas with the NBA, I know a lot more and know all the players, so I might overlook and miss some things because I think I know it all and get lazy. So both can have their positives and negatives.

I'm ready for Tuesday as well. I'll still be playing football but I love me some dfs basketball.

This weekend in football has been my worst since probably week 1 smh.

[table][tr][td]QB[/td][td]Andrew Luck [/td][td]29.02[/td][td]lock[/td][/tr][tr][td]RB[/td][td]Arian Foster O[/td][td]29.5[/td][td]lock[/td][/tr][tr][td]RB[/td][td]Todd Gurley [/td][td]35.3[/td][td]lock[/td][/tr][tr][td]WR[/td][td]John Brown Q[/td][td]0[/td][td]swap out[/td][/tr][tr][td]WR[/td][td]Stefon Diggs [/td][td]26.7[/td][td]lock[/td][/tr][tr][td]WR[/td][td]Donte Moncrief [/td][td]13.4[/td][td]lock[/td][/tr][tr][td]TE[/td][td]Charles Clay [/td][td]5.6[/td][td]lock[/td][/tr][tr][td]FLEX[/td][td]Devonta Freeman [/td][td]18[/td][td]lock[/td][/tr][tr][td]DST[/td][td]Rams [/td][td]25[/td][td]lock[/td][/tr][tr][td]Total Fantasy Points: 182.52[/td][/tr][/table]
not a bad week on all my lineups just waiting on John Brown for tonight

I'm gonna miss Thibs running is players to the ground playing 48 min :lol:

Nate Robinson should be in every line up. Maybe even Ersan. I wanna play Snell as well since Dunleavy is out. But he the type of dude to play 30 min and score 2 pts.

I'm gonna miss Thibs running is players to the ground playing 48 min
laugh.gif

Nate Robinson should be in every line up. Maybe even Ersan. I wanna play Snell as well since Dunleavy is out. But he the type of dude to play 30 min and score 2 pts.
nate cuz of salary minimum or is there word hes gonna get tons of minutes ?

Kinda Early But looking for something like this tomorrow lol

Curry

E. Gordon

Lebron

Unibrow

Varejaeo

JR

Taj Gib

Nate Robinson

Back
Top Bottom