***Official Eminem Thread New Album Announced TBA***

Why :lol:

Like do you people understand how technically intricate his rhyme scheme is? Like no one is even close to this sort of skill. How are you not impressed? How can you say "i like rap music" and not see this as an exercise in the art of putting words together?

But there are no drums...and where is the hook :smh:

It's the Aubrey era bruh... ain't about actually rapping anymore.

As far as Em not being able to make songs anymore? That's just nonsense. You can't hate song's like "the way you lie" all you want but they are well put together songs.

It's the content, Em is in a lose,lose situation because he's to old to rap about the stuff he used to rap about. And most people don't grow with the artist IMO. They're always going to hear old EM. ******* 2000 EM. That was 16 years ago... yikes. :lol:

Anyway this **** was basically a lyrical exercise of course it's not going to be a album full of this...

Not concerned at all about Em's content. He just sounds bad when he raps and sounds bad over the terrible beats he picks. Has nothing to do with "drums and a hook", cause he'd sound just as bad trying to read the thesaurus with a Future hook over a Metro Boomin beat. Eminem has basically been the stereotypical underground rapper for years now, very talented but struggling to make legit songs and having ****** production. How ironic, Eminem is basically Canibus now :lol: only difference is he has major backing and 5 million factory fans that will immediately buy his stuff regardless of how it sounds.

Last edited:
I love Em but I can't do this flow. Can't do it. His flows used to be flawless. Listen to 8 Mile Road or Forgot About Dre then listen to this. :smh:

Now he rapping like somebody that's overthinking/trying too hard.

I love Em but I can't do this flow. Can't do it. His flows used to be flawless. Listen to 8 Mile Road or Forgot About Dre then listen to this. :smh:

Now he rapping like somebody that's overthinking/trying too hard.
Yea Em reminds me of Kobe Bryant during his last season, dude is a legend but he had to take a grip of shots to score points. Em can spit still but he has to try extra hard to spit hott bars. It doesn't sound effortless anymore like it used to. I'm not sure if dudes are riding around in their whips blasting new EM with the windows down.

Last edited:
Jesus you guys are fickle.

1. That wasn't a song it was a freestyle, of the dome. So please post your favorite rapper not named Los do it. I'll wait.

2. MMLP2 had bangers, so I don't know where this shir about Em not being able to make songs anymore is coming from. Cats is just way to use to everyone being on they harmonizing flow that they can't appreciate great rapping anymore. It's a damn shame.

I think I speak for most, Noone really cares to hear em in 2016. The accents, wack beats, weird voices and shock value has ran it's course. Still a great lyricist but meh, I'll only listen to a Eminem song once and never care to hear it again.

"he has to try extra hard" what? Yes he does try really hard....and its appreciated.

Like do you people understand how hard it is to link all those syllables and fit it perfectly in the rap cadence? Like the layers of rhymes is literally unmatched. I don't understand why everything is compared to everything else. This is an technically brilliant execution of rap music. AND there is content. This isn't Riff Raff putting words together with 0 logical sense.

You can still like:

I know you want this for life / Taking pictures with all my ice / But I can't have no wife

And like:

Jumped out of the 2nd floor of a record store
With a Treacherous Four cassette and a cassette recorder
In Ecuador with Edward Norton
Witness the metamorphosis
Of a legend growin' like an expert swordsman
From the Hessian war and
Hence the origin of the Headless Horseman
Born with the endorphins of a pathetic orphan

1. That wasn't a song it was a freestyle, of the dome. So please post your favorite rapper not named Los do it. I'll wait.

2. MMLP2 had bangers, so I don't know where this shir about Em not being able to make songs anymore is coming from. Cats is just way to use to everyone being on they harmonizing flow that they can't appreciate great rapping anymore. It's a damn shame.
nah b. Marshall Mathers lp and eminem show were dope but now his voice sounds terrible. beat selection is wack and hes trying to battle everyone on every song. Em's lyrical ability is proven but it sounds like once he got off the drugs he had to learn how to rap all over again.

nah b. Marshall Mathers lp and eminem show were dope but now his voice sounds terrible. beat selection is wack and hes trying to battle everyone on every song. Em's lyrical ability is proven but it sounds like once he got off the drugs he had to learn how to rap all over again.
i think the only problem Em has is beat selection it can be a hit or miss but i appreciate the skill he has in his songs. 

as more mmlp2 it did have some good songs and nice beats. i can also appreciate him trying try and use different sounds for his work even if it isn't as good as some of his other stuff 

2. MMLP2 had bangers, so I don't know where this **** about Em not being able to make songs anymore is coming from. Cats is just way to use to everyone being on they harmonizing flow that they can't appreciate great rapping anymore. It's a damn shame.

Rap is dead. Fake fans killed it.

When I hear people complaining about voice and beats and completely ignoring BARS there's just no hope anymore.

*leaves to bump Legacy*

Lol. I'm pretty sure people's opinions aren't solely referring to this song. I'm also sure that a lot of people posting in here either prefer older rappers or those are their faves. Ghostface Killah is my favorite rapper, and it's been that way for a very long time. I think it's very dumb to listen to something the sounds flat out bad just because the content and technical aspects may be good-great. There's even a good amount of Eminem's age group that makes better music than him, beats, delivery, and content wise. Em hasn't made any music better than Royce Da 5'9"(39), Pusha T(39), nor Ghostface Killah(46) or Scarface(46) since the Eminem Show. Ras Kass (39) just released an album better than anything Em has released since that same time period. A person's voice is apart of rap, and if they sound terrible while delivering a good message over crappy or mediocre beats, what exactly is the point? You're talking about people ignoring bars, yet you're ignoring two essential parts of rap yourself :lol: :lol:

MMLP2 on an Eminem scale is a decent yet forgettable album btw. Amazing feats of rapping over mostly boring bland *** beats. There's maybe four songs with longevity at best. "Rap God" was a song full of great technical rapping ability, yet it's barely worth more than 2 listens. That album is full of songs like that.

Lol. I'm pretty sure people's opinions aren't solely referring to this song. I'm also sure that a lot of people posting in here either prefer older rappers or those are their faves. Ghostface Killah is my favorite rapper, and it's been that way for a very long time. I think it's very dumb to listen to something the sounds flat out bad just because the content and technical aspects may be good-great. There's even a good amount of Eminem's age group that makes better music than him, beats, delivery, and content wise. Em hasn't made any music better than Royce Da 5'9"(39), Pusha T(39), nor Ghostface Killah(46) or Scarface(46) since the Eminem Show. Ras Kass (39) just released an album better than anything Em has released since that same time period. A person's voice is apart of rap, and if they sound terrible while delivering a good message over crappy or mediocre beats, what exactly is the point? You're talking about people ignoring bars, yet you're ignoring two essential parts of rap yourself
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

MMLP2 on an Eminem scale is a decent yet forgettable album btw. Amazing feats of rapping over mostly boring bland *** beats. There's maybe four songs with longevity at best. "Rap God" was a song full of great technical rapping ability, yet it's barely worth more than 2 listens. That album is full of songs like that.
pretty much. 

Lol. I'm pretty sure people's opinions aren't solely referring to this song. I'm also sure that a lot of people posting in here either prefer older rappers or those are their faves. Ghostface Killah is my favorite rapper, and it's been that way for a very long time. I think it's very dumb to listen to something the sounds flat out bad just because the content and technical aspects may be good-great. There's even a good amount of Eminem's age group that makes better music than him, beats, delivery, and content wise. Em hasn't made any music better than Royce Da 5'9"(39), Pusha T(39), nor Ghostface Killah(46) or Scarface(46) since the Eminem Show. Ras Kass (39) just released an album better than anything Em has released since that same time period. A person's voice is apart of rap, and if they sound terrible while delivering a good message over crappy or mediocre beats, what exactly is the point? You're talking about people ignoring bars, yet you're ignoring two essential parts of rap yourself :lol: :lol:

I agree with everything you've said sir. Didn't know Pusha T is 39 I'm getting old.

I agree with everything you've said sir. Didn't know Pusha T is 39 I'm getting old.

Pusha T, Kanye, Fabolous, Gucci Mane, 2 Chainz, Ross are all 36-40 years old.

I haven't really listened to any new Eminem but, I am going to restart my ears.

Last edited:
I think I speak for most, Noone really cares to hear em in 2016. The accents, wack beats, weird voices and shock value has ran it's course. Still a great lyricist but meh, I'll only listen to a Eminem song once and never care to hear it again.

Eminem is just over engineered lyrically...

he's musical superfluous minutia... its what Jay-Z was before he smartened up and made reasonable Doubt. Em a legend so he don't care bout mass appeal anymore, he always wanna be lyrically razor sharp... problem is da avantgarde sophistication of his ryhmin is soooo good it alienates everyone but da nerdest of Rap nerds.

Pusha T, Kanye, Fabolous, Gucci Mane, 2 Chainz, Ross are all 36-40 years old.

once that class hangs it up im done with rap.

Eminem is just over engineered lyrically...

he's musical superfluous minutia... its what Jay-Z was before he smartened up and made reasonable Doubt. Em a legend so he don't care bout mass appeal anymore, he always wanna be lyrically razor sharp... problem is da avantgarde sophistication of his ryhmin is soooo good it alienates everyone but da nerdest of Rap nerds.
once that class hangs it up im done with rap.
Me 2

In terms of production, Em has had a Nnamdi-like fall off. He's still a great rapper when not screaming, using accents, making fart noises, and trying to pack every syllable into 4 bars, but he does not know how to make good songs anymore

What I came in here to type...

+

I thought he was gonna come at Molly Qurim heavy. Marshall actually bigged her up. :lol:

I don't think the new Em is a bad thing, or really a "new Em", but I don't think it's for me anymore.

Good watch there. I remember listening to infinite shortly after sslp dropped and was shocked by how poor it's quality was compared to em over major label production.

I was blown away by how much more intricate he was rhyming. A lot of that album is a master class in multisyllabic rhyming.

Thanks for that. Infinite is easily a top 5 Em song in my book.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom