OFFICIAL Hypebeasts Thread

The kid on the right is wearing the same basic thing I wore at his age, some 20 years ago. Throw some Etnies Sal Barbier 23's on him and that's me. Style-wise.

those kids are dressed like normal kids would b, i really dont see anything hypebeasty about them. i mean the kid in the gym greens even tied his foams lol

Those are regular kids.

Just because someone is wearing sneakers and doesn't look like you, that doesn't make them a hypebeast.

Someone who looks like a damn tool following some corny trend thats poorly executed or just look like they're riding a celeb's jock is a hype beast

idk why the kid in the green is getting so much flame for being a hb. To me, IMO he's dresses like he just dgaf. hes got fresh kicks, whys he gotta look like he tries hard and match like his friends? especially the kid in the entourages...

I agree on the sleekness whole heartedly, I was looking at my crumbled '99 IVs versus the 2012 edition, soooo much wider. And I felt like they made the XI's too sleek, too box seemed so long on the Concords when stacked up against 2000 or even DMPs. I guess what I can't take is when like you said a bunch of people just say things that they have no idea what they're talking about. And I'm stealing e-props, wait, does that make me a hypebeast too lol?

My dude, you're talking about sleekness but the fact of the matter is that the shoes are manufactured in different factories in a different era with inferior materials. The latter is probably due to them wanting to increase their profit margins but essentially no damns are given about 'recreating' the OG and that's to be expected as long as there's a thirst for replicas.

I own the 'Face Box' White/Black IIs and Oly VIIs - the leather quality on both is terrible. In fact I think it's the junk pleather that has plagued AF1s for the past decade that was thrown on them.

Huh? Thats not a hypebeast, all children dress like who they think is cool (and in our generation its rappers, skaters, athletes, and hipsters). You could argue that most kids are- they go through phases, but thats not what this thead is about anyways. Its about adults that still havent figured out who they are so they wear whatever it is that is hot at the moment- have no style of their own.

Honestly, it's the fact that you have 10 year old kids sporting 'expensive', some what hyped kicks that's the issue here. Disregard the cats with 'Bron VIIIs and Foams but why would the guy in the middle care about those 'Hawaii' Dunk SBs? He must've been around 3 when they dropped...

That said are we equating 'Sneakerheads' with 'Hypebeasts'?

Honestly, it's the fact that you have 10 year old kids sporting 'expensive', some what hyped kicks that's the issue here. Disregard the cats with 'Bron VIIIs and Foams but why would the guy in the middle care about those 'Hawaii' Dunk SBs? He must've been around 3 when they dropped...

That said are we equating 'Sneakerheads' with 'Hypebeasts'?
true that

My dude, you're talking about sleekness but the fact of the matter is that the shoes are manufactured in different factories in a different era with inferior materials. The latter is probably due to them wanting to increase their profit margins but essentially no damns are given about 'recreating' the OG and that's to be expected as long as there's a thirst for replicas.

I own the 'Face Box' White/Black IIs and Oly VIIs - the leather quality on both is terrible. In fact I think it's the junk pleather that has plagued AF1s for the past decade that was thrown on them.
I am not saying that SOME of the quality in SOME sneakers haven't deteriorated, but not all. There have been some great kicks in recent years, although it may be few and far between, nonetheless, DMP pack was good imo quality wise. Charcoal VII's were better in 2011 than the were in 2002. Also, I didn't have much complaints about kicks from the CDP pack either. I have never been much of an AF1 guy myself. Nike Dunk Trainer Hi x Mita still has some of the best materials I've seen on a single shoe. I can go on and on about the good kicks that have been made. I feel like as was said before a lot of people talk about stuff that they truly have no real knowledge of because it sounds cool or sounds right. So to reiterate...some sneakers, maybe even most sneaker quality has dwindled, but not all.

I don't know how you can say the kids look normal. Yeah , they look normal .  The ways their clothes are put together to me seems so unnatural like they just seem like they're trying to follow kids at school and not being themselves. They look like they would be into something else but that's just my 2 cents. ..

I don't know how you can say the kids look normal. Yeah , they look normal .  The ways their clothes are put together to me seems so unnatural like they just seem like they're trying to follow kids at school and not being themselves. They look like they would be into something else but that's just my 2 cents. ..
thank you i was getting chewed out early for saying the same thing

Yeah. That's what kids do. Those kids are like 13. It's not even fair to put kids that age in the thread. Most kids that age don't yet have their own identity. That's not beasting, that's just growing up.

:rolleyes i'm convinced yall are all in the same class an they wont let you 2 into their clique

:lol:

Those kids dont look hypebeast to me. Maybe cause of the kicks but its not like their trying to wear all supreme clothes or that stupid shirt skirt thing thats going on. I actually like their kids they look like they are normal kids with nice kicks

there's been a few in here lately that aren't really hypebeasts... maybe they follow some trends, but they ain't legit hypebeasts...

people too quick to throw that word out now...

there's been a few in here lately that aren't really hypebeasts... maybe they follow some trends, but they ain't legit hypebeasts...

people too quick to throw that word out now...

People been too quick to throw out the word. Most of the pics posted here aren't beasty.

^^^

We need an 'OFFICIAL Sneakerheads Thread' to distinguish between the two.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom