Official: Jordan Retro IV Oreo Thread 2/21/2015 (UPDATES ON PG 1)

If your overweight yea these would crack fast
Not true.  I've seen skinny people in the Columbia 4's days after RD, and they look like they been out for years.  But, as for the Oreos, I'm on the fence of passing if the Columbias had such piss poor quality, chances are, they're going to be in the same boat.

Not true.  I've seen skinny people in the Columbia 4's days after RD, and they look like they been out for years.  But, as for the Oreos, I'm on the fence of passing if the Columbias had such piss poor quality, chances are, they're going to be in the same boat.
mine, and several other ppl i know, had good quality on the columbias

That overweight debate holds no water whatsoever. Different colorways seem to be more prone to cracking. Also why should we have to spend an additional $30-$40 for decent insoles?

P.S. them pics are fire!!

Last edited:
I mean as far as the weight debate, weight can most certainly have an effect. Its physics lol. 

I've never broken a chair but I know a few big people who have. 

Last edited:
Can't wait for these , probably the only show Im buying this month , unless I get lucky with laser 4s which I doubt

I never minded the leather instead of netting on these LS IV's back in 99. It would look weird if they put netting instead of leather. Especially that plastic crap the try to pass off as netting now. I thought it was nice releasing an all leather shoe, in conjunction with the OG releases back in 99.

Most definitely, since the OG's didn't any netting I wouldn't want the remastered pair to have it. But, speaking in general on the subject of 4's, I personally like the way the plastic wings and netting look. Good thing they were able to pull off making a couple 4's without the plastic wings and netting yet look dope :pimp:.

What piss poor quality are you referring to?  What I've read is that people liked the quality.  I won't buy an IV with leather wings.  They make them look like GS versions; hate the look.  They really need to go back to dying the shoes as people have noted.  Back in the OG days white midsoles were the natural material color; they yellowed, but never cracked.  I expect for colored midsoles dying is more expensive...

As for insoles, if you read the history of air max, Nike's objective was to get to a point where we're walking on as much air as possible.  That's why we've seen visible air increase over the years, including the internal structures being minimized.  The air is supposed to provide the cushioning, so most insoles weren't meant to be thick b/c they wanted us to feel the cushioning.  People have promoted insole replacements as a way to basically minimize midsole compression, but then you defeat the purpose of feeling the air cushioning.  Bottom line...they just need to die the midsole so these don't crack!  I've had no cracking on '13 fire red 3s, '14 infrared 23 3s, and '14 wolf grey 3s, so maybe they've improved the painting process to some degree...I recall my OG cement IVs in '89 getting the paint worn down from use, but never any cracking.....Tthese will be my first 4s if I'm lucky enough to acquire.

You mean spenco and only some that are thick but that means you have to size up

Yep. Autocorrect doesn't understand sneaker terminology well.

I went TTS on my 2012 IV and with spencos they fit fine. Of course sizing is subjective.

What piss poor quality are you referring to?  What I've read is that people liked the quality.  I won't buy an IV with leather wings.  They make them look like GS versions; hate the look.  They really need to go back to dying the shoes as people have noted.  Back in the OG days white midsoles were the natural material color; they yellowed, but never cracked.  I expect for colored midsoles dying is more expensive...

As for insoles, if you read the history of air max, Nike's objective was to get to a point where we're walking on as much air as possible.  That's why we've seen visible air increase over the years, including the internal structures being minimized.  The air is supposed to provide the cushioning, so most insoles weren't meant to be thick b/c they wanted us to feel the cushioning.  People have promoted insole replacements as a way to basically minimize midsole compression, but then you defeat the purpose of feeling the air cushioning.  Bottom line...they just need to die the midsole so these don't crack!  I've had no cracking on '13 fire red 3s, '14 infrared 23 3s, and '14 wolf grey 3s, so maybe they've improved the painting process to some degree...I recall my OG cement IVs in '89 getting the paint worn down from use, but never any cracking.....Tthese will be my first 4s if I'm lucky enough to acquire.
Hey, that's your opinion, but I've seen them in person, and even some in the Columbia 4 thread said they weren't all that.  When I saw them, I said whew bullet dodged, but like prior stated, that's my opinion.  I do agree with you on the notion that midsoles should be dyed and not painted, but let's face it, we all know JB won't be doing that anytime soon.

Hey, that's your opinion, but I've seen them in person, and even some in the Columbia 4 thread said they weren't all that.  When I saw them, I said whew bullet dodged, but like prior stated, that's my opinion.  I do agree with you on the notion that midsoles should be dyed and not painted, but let's face it, we all know JB won't be doing that anytime soon.
Fair enough.  I might have missed those comments.  What quality issues were people complaining about?  The leather?  Glue?  Other?  Trying to guage what similar issues may be the case with these Oreos.

I picked up the Columbia's and the quality is fire to me. Wasn't disappointed the least bit.

You won't need luck for these ?

Know so, if you need help when the time comes let me know
Thank you for your offer!  The way I got the black infrared 6 was just to pull up NDC and FNL, and attempt to add to cart.  FNL site never even gave me the splash screen (site was down).  NDC had me in line for over 3 hours, then I checked out.  Not sure what else to do other than try to pull up other sites.

Back
Top Bottom