Official: Lakers @ Knicks 2/2: Kobe Now Owns Most Scored On Both Coasts: 81 @ Staples 61 @ MSG

Originally Posted by White23Chocolate

Originally Posted by enrique23

Originally Posted by enrique23

Originally Posted by tupac003

PRETTYPLAYA wrote:
whats more impressive?

LBJ 50 10 8 4steals or Kobe's 61 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ?

LOL.

Once again...
tired.gif

Your act is tired. Your act is old.

You can't down play the accomplishment because he didn't have all the stats that bron did. 61 in the garden is something that had never been done before. Its a great accomlishment and you really shouldn't try to down play it.

But you are you.
tired.gif
roll.gif
You sound like a punk, getting all *****y because he asked which performance was better.. Quit nut hugging the Lakers dude....
laugh.gif

you obviously havent read prettyplayas other posts
smh.gif
youre probably a lebron groupie that thinks his performance was better than kobes. would you rather have a triple double at MSG or break MJ's record AND break the record for most points EVER in MSG history? response?
Lol, I like both of them equally.. I am pretty non biased since the Sonics left town.... Kobe might have the MSG scoring record, but he isnt MJ, you dig?

i never said he was mj.
smh.gif
how is it even a competition between having a triple double in MSG and making history in MSG?
smh.gif
How am I ignorant, because I am not biased when it comes to basketball players?

Why does it matter where he scored 61, anyways? Not like the Knicks are really contending for anything this year except for maybe a 1st round exit... He had an impressive performance and they won... I scoring record @ MSG isnt all that sacred is it? Does he get a trophy for it? Just not a big deal to me... Filling up a stat sheet>61...

laugh.gif

Dudes kill me coming in to Laker game thread yapping about Lebron....

Other than that kobe can just flat out score the damn ball, 61 in 37 mins
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit251

Dudes kill me coming in to Laker game thread yapping about Lebron.... Lebron vs. Kobe vs. MJ vs. Bird vs. Magic etc...

smile.gif
laugh.gif

maybe i don't get it but, what's the big deal with breaking the record?
None at all IMO.... I think people just get so hyped over anything to do with Kobe.

this W will ease the pain of the news I received when I read about bynum
grin.gif

man, when I heard the news about bynum I just went from
smile.gif
to
frown.gif
in a matter of seconds. I stood still at work when I read. such a shame. either way.

LET'S

GO

LAYYY

KURRRZZZZZZZZ

I haven't read this thread, but how do you play 37 minutes, take 31 FG attempts, take 20 FT attempts, and get ZERO rebounds? I hate this piece of +@*% KobeBryant.

kobe went bananas... really angry with himself because he caused the injury to bynum.... hes trying to make up for it now...

Kobe scored 61 at the Garden?
pimp.gif
Kobe went off?
pimp.gif

But in the end, so the !@#$ what if Kobe scored 61 at the Garden or holds most points in both coasts. The only real good thing about it is that there isanother W in the column.

Other than that, don't mean !@#$ to me unless another banner is hanging in the Staples.

How was breaking the points scored record at the Mecca not a big deal ???

Lebron is great, but you can't hate Kobe after he did something that NO ONE has done.

Originally Posted by LayzieLou21

How was breaking the points scored record at the Mecca not a big deal ???

Lebron is great, but you can't hate Kobe after he did something that NO ONE has done.
Because in the end, it's just another W in the regular season.

I'm not denying that it was a great performance, as a basketball fan, that's an awesome feat, but looking at it from a bigger perspective, it'sstill just a W for the team and a great nod for his career.

I just hated how at the end NY was just hacking him. Lame. Boring way to break the record.

The game reminded me of the 81 point night. A lot of free throws.

I mean I have seen Kobe get a triple double with 40.....

In the end it doesnt matter cause no player in the history of the league can score in the array of ways that Kobe can. If you cant see that your an idiot.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Originally Posted by mosk33toe

I guess i'm just a huge Laker Homer, but how can anybody even compare Lebron and Kobe, maybe i'm just that blinded
ya lets start this *%#$ tonight.

i dont wana have to remind people what Bron did in MSG last year.
Please let's not start this
ohwell.gif
Why not...
glasses.gif

Both coast? Wilt scored 100. Anyways, I havent seen the highlights, havent seen a single NBA game this season, is this the highest this season so far?

I never downplayed Kobe's ballhogging performance today. It was a thing of beauty.

But all I'm saying is that his performance isn't seeing LBJ's nor MJ's who had to face the 90s Knicks.

YOU MAD?

Originally Posted by MightyMYT

Both coast? Wilt scored 100. Anyways, I havent seen the highlights, havent seen a single NBA game this season, is this the highest this season so far?
Wilt did it with no 3 seconds in the key against 6'5 white dudes, give me a break.

And comparing Lebron and Kobe is ******ed. Lebron just straight beasts dude, has no one on one defense and no jumpshot. Yeah he is getting there, but not now.

When I watch Kobe, I say "Wow, how did he do that?". When I watch LeBron, I say "Wow he just beasted them". Big difference.

Only one person can be mentioned in the same breathe as Jordan and thats Kobe Bryant. Stop hating. You guys cant score 11 points in a pick up game but yet youlook past a 61 point game, another one I might add.

i mean mj was a better scorer than kobe. so what's the point.

kobe had 81 but he still ended up avging 35 a season.

meaning he has more ups and downs, where mj avged 37. on a slower paced game.

Originally Posted by MightyMYT

Last time I checked, Hershey, PA wasnt on the coast.....
grin.gif

But it's really close, definitely debatable...

Originally Posted by PRETTYPLAYA

i mean mj was a better scorer than kobe. so what's the point.

kobe had 81 but he still ended up avging 35 a season.

meaning he has more ups and downs, where mj avged 37. on a slower paced game.
Its funny YOU say that but Scottie Pippen straight up said Kobe was a better all around scorer.

Yes I know its all opinion and yes I know Jordan is the GOAT but I've said this even since before Kobe dropped 81, dude is neck and neck with Michael.

Im actually reading through the thread and people are actually pissed kobe didnt drop 61 plus have 10 reb's and 10 assists.

I dont care what anyone says, that is straight up hater-ism. I never understood the hate for Kobe or Michael. People always hated Michael because he was thebest, once he retired tho, everyone jumped on the GOAT wagon.

Guess we will wait and see.

Congratulations to Kobe, who in my mind is absolutely the second-greatest shooting guard of all time after Jordan. But mark my words...Lebron is gonna breakthat MSG record before he turns 30.

Another thing - there are only two players in NBA history who stuck their tongues out regularly when driving to the basket - MJ and Kobe. Actually I'veseen quite a few photos of Kobe doing it. Even when Kobe dunked on Dwight Howard and rubbed his crotch on the rookie's face, he stuck his tongue out onthat drive. So I wish he'd just admit that he's consciously trying to emulate MJ in both style and performance.

Back
Top Bottom