OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Hypebeasts because we didnt pay rape? Lol. I didn't do IVs because I was stupid... Ended up with 5 pairs of chaos at one point, all for retail or less. Sold 4 for retail to NTers. Had 2 grinches, one for retail, the other for retail+shipping+tip from a friend. Sold the extra for what I paid+shipping. Cheetahs were ugly, didnt want them then, don't want em now. Christmas 8s were ugly to me at first, but after I saw a certain pic, then saw in person I like em a lot. Ended up with a pair online for retail, and grabbed a pair in store for foot locker 150 retail that went to a friend for retail+shipping.
Wish you had another pair of them Grinches. I slept on them.

bhm VIs were hyped at first, then the hype dies and it was pretty easy to get for retail or less.... still probably not hard to get for less than 160 shipped.

^ I agree, cheetah VII's were and still are trash. Look cheap compared to other Christmas models. But to each his own. I loved the Kobe V's, had high hopes for the VI and was disappointed, and the VII was a huge let down for me. So far the VIII looks great, love my Christmas pair, and I am hoping their are a few other decent colorways that drop.
Does anyone else think Nike is over doing it with 30-40 different colorways per year? Kind of takes away from the experience of buying sneakers I think, when you walk into Foot Locker and see 10 junk colorways sitting on the shelves. Back in the day their would be 5-8 colorways max, and I think I liked that a lot better.

absolutely. take a look at the foamposites. In my opinion it takes away from the shoe when you have every color in the rainbow and then some. I understand why they make so many colors, don't get me wrong, but a lot of them have absolutely no meaning to the shoe.

BTW can we please stop bringing up and posting pictures of the garbage VII's
shoe is a disgrace to the Kobe line :smh:

I don't understand why some of y'all keep directly comparing the Christmas VIIIs to the Grinches in terms of pricing. If the Grinches had also just released, it'd be a fair comparison, but Grinches released 2 years ago, have dried up in the number of available pairs since then, and have gained hype over that time to get to where it is now in terms of prices (400-500+).

Most of the Xmas VIIIs I've seen that have actually sold on eBay, at least in my size, have gone for 230-250, which is about the same amount as the Grinches were going for right after they dropped too. As long as you're not waiting til most of the Xmas Lights are off the market in order to buy, you shouldn't have to pay anywhere near the current Grinch level prices for them, and this is with most retail pairs of the Xmas VIIIs from online orders not even shipping out yet.

Last edited:
I don't understand why some of y'all keep directly comparing the Christmas VIIIs to the Grinches in terms of pricing. If the Grinches had also just released, it'd be a fair comparison, but Grinches released 2 years ago, have dried up in the number of available pairs since then, and have gained hype over that time to get to where it is now in terms of prices (400-500+).
Most of the Xmas VIIIs I've seen that have actually sold on eBay, at least in my size, have gone for 230-250, which is about the same amount as the Grinches were going for right after they dropped too. As long as you're not waiting til most of the Xmas Lights are off the market in order to buy, you shouldn't have to pay anywhere near the current Grinch level prices for them, and this is with most retail pairs of the Xmas VIIIs from online orders not even shipping out yet.
^^^ this, all of this.

BHM colorways never excite me. They always seem to suck.
The BHM VI and VII were nothing much to be excited about. The MLK IVs though, before they switched to calling those releases the BHMs...:smokin, the best Kobe ever in a "Lakers Home" type of colorway IMO

I still kinda like the Kid Hollywood over the MLKs for some reason. It's the silver I guess. And that's why I like the
most recent Home colorway. damn, so clean. :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :pimp:

The BHM VI and VII were nothing much to be excited about. The MLK IVs though, before they switched to calling those releases the BHMs...:smokin, the best Kobe ever in a "Lakers Home" type of colorway IMO

I think the MLK IVs are my second favorite shoe ever.

the flu is going around i see i'm not the only one sick lol. i like to see the Galaxy VII laces on the x'mas lights as well.
nerd.gif
that is a gooooood call. i didnt even think of that, i bought black 45" laces cause the 8 are 43-47 according to nike, so when my pair arrives thursday ill post a pic.

I'm surprised there hasn't been that many pics of other CWs yet. But then again I have only recently been keeping tabs on this thread from like the 190th page lol.

Back
Top Bottom