OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I like these. To me they look very similar to the 6 and 7s and I wanted both of those but my money was tight. Waiting on a nice colorway. Possibly galaxy 2. Or what the Kobes.

@Big Point
Size 14
Kobes your homie? Lol

I could only wish.

Just happened to be at the right place at the right time.

I was at the Venice event. Was dope. They gave out custom sleeves and 30k tees to participants with best times on the course. Two top times got to meet Kobe and get free autographed 8's. He through out some autograph bballs to the crowd too... The event sold me on getting a pair

don't know if you guys saw this posted on KB's facebook page from the Venice event...but I want these socks. Probably a HOH type release, but looks like it's got that pattern on it.
Dope IMO

Hell no.socks are ugly. Custom socks suck tbh.

If I get the sulfurs, red lace swap. 8) see how it goes.

I hated these shoes, but recent pics of the shoes on feet have changed my mind. If ppl say the performance of the shoe is great I probably will come to love these. Can't wait to cop a pair.

Saw these at the stockroom in my store. These actually look pretty good in person. Gotta to see how they perform on the court though.

For those wondering about sizing/fit, I tried these on at my local footlocker and I must say they felt pretty amazing. To compare, the VII's were so restrictive on me I could barely take a step. These feel a million times more sock-like and midsole has more lateral "give," not in a break-your-ankle sort of way, but in a mold-to-you-feet sort of way. Cushioning seems to be perfect, plush yet responsive! If you don't like these now, trying them on will prob change your mind.

Only thing I don't like are the chinsy shodoku (or whatever) stripes on the back. Kobe's pair without them looks SOOOOO much better. Two stripes just remind me of wannabe Adidas pants, Starter Walmart stuff or something..

one of the samples iD

i tried it already and feel amazing , those kobe 8 are similar to kobe 5 and 6 much better than previous Kobe 7

Last edited:
I will hold off making my decision until I can actually see some of these in person. Pictures look good so far but this month is nuts.

one of the samples iD

i tried it already and feel amazing , those kobe 8 are similar to kobe 5 and 6 much better than previous Kobe 7

Thanks for this pic. Did you happen to take a pic of the lateral side?

It seems the size of the scales are representative of how they look from the NikeID site with the medial side having larger scales and smaller towards the toe and the lateral side.

for me tts has always been snug. but .5 up is just a tad loose. I can fiy a pink in between heel

will we have to .5 size up like almost all kobes. or true to size???

What do you mean "we"? I think one thing the VII taught us was that while the shoes are the same we all have different shapes of feet, we are the variable, not the shoe. Most went .5 up for the VII, I went .5 down, and the VII worked great for me (which is a rarity around here).

From what we've heard about the VIII, I'd say try them on for yourself if possible to get the right size.

yes we was a general statement for those who have had to go up for the VI and the VII. didnt think you'd question me saying "we" lol

I went tts and they feel perfect. Kinda like the Kobe 6 or KD IV, snug secure fit but not as narrow like the KD IV's. After wearing them for a few hours last night, it's like you don't even know they're on your feet. And how light they are, it's like your hold a nerf football. But just the fitting alone will force me to buy 2 or 3 more pairs down the road. Xmas and Pythons are on the radar! 

Last edited:
Also another guy on Team Roshe called his local Richard's in NorCal I believe and they had them. If other managers haven't been told to not sell them, I would suggest calling your local store and see if you can get a pair now. 

I'll try and snap some pics later today 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Really looking forward to the christmas pair. Ive gone LBJ > Kobe line the past 3 holiday releases and these have my vote for sure. Interested how they'll fit for me though. Went up .5 in the VII's.

Back
Top Bottom