OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Went to the mall near my school for the first time since last year.  Decided to check out FootLocker.  Was surprised they still had most of the Kobe colorways.

I wanted to cop one pair, but couldn't decide between the blue lights and the grey volts.  What was weird was the blue lights were $140, while the grey volts were $150.  I asked them why the prices were different, and they said the grey volts were more limited.  Weird.

After much thought, I decided to ask the employees which pair should I buy.  They all pointed to the grey volt pair.  Later, I asked them which pair would be easier to wear around more often, and they all said the blue pair.  Interesting.

A few hours later, I ended up copping the blue lights after consulting with some friends and myself.

Conclusion. Don't always trust what an employee says. Buy what you like, not what others tell you to like. :smokin

Easters just arrived, US to NZ in 4 days
nthat.gif

As I stated earlier kb24 will have these at 10am PST 2 April.

Not an april fools joke but again believe what you want. They are so dope, glad I copped.

Easters just arrived, US to NZ in 4 days :nthat:

As I stated earlier kb24 will have these at 10am PST 2 April.
Not an april fools joke but again believe what you want. They are so dope, glad I copped.

Where exactly did the info come from about KB24 having then tomorrow? Just wondering.

i have a hard time seeing the "KB24" below the laces on my easters compared to the rest of my 8's

and i agree...pythons and sulfurs are on the bottom of my kobe8 list also along with BHM's...oh BHM's are super hard to get? nevermind they my fav's! 
wink.gif

Not trying to be a douche, but seeing the Sulfurs at the bottom, I don't give this ranking much validity. To each his own though...:\

Sulfers don't work for me at all. And they don't work for many others as they are still rotting on the shelves nationwide.

The only people defending them have them. That's cool but I think they're wack.

i'm interested in the nike+ tech but still think its too early,IMO, to get in a pair. maybe when the tech has been worked on and prices get a little bit cheaper/better/more selection. question for you, are the sensors attached to the insole?

There are pressure sensors in the sole and then you insert a removable sensor in each shoe that collects the data. At roughly $80 for the technology on the first purchase its expensive but then it's interchangeable between plus shoes so I can put the removable sensors into my hyperdunks which also have the pressure sensors in the soles. I honestly got them for vert measuring and maybe more usefully to me as a person that can dunk. I do find that it measures effort well in pick up games. Showing how many times I jump and whether I'm fully jumping or half assing it for rebounds and showing active verse steady motion shows me if I'm taking plays off and not hustling down the court.

It's definitely still a novelty mainly but it is cool making a showcase video where it overlays your stats onto your dunk and sending it to friends that are doubters. I could see Nike making big improvements on it if they continue developing the technology. The 2.0 version of the basketball app itself is much cleaner already.
thanks this was the info i was looking for. thanks though to the other guys for their answers.

Last edited:
LMAO, thats got to be a lie, from a complete stand still homie could dunk from the free throw?

im a grown *** man, you cant sit up here and tell me a lie like im 5 years old or something
So you HAVE to shoot a free throw while standing still? Pretty sure if you could get a running start and shoot a floater if you wanted to.

Last edited:
So with diks back ordering the shoes, am I still going to get it? Or there is a chance they dont get more stock?

The shooter can't cross the line until the ball hits the rim, otherwise it's a lane violation.

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_10.html
Well, of course, that how it is nowadays. But back in '56, there were reports that Wilt could dunk free throws, so the NCAA changed the rule, which the NBA later adopted. But I still think he just threw it off the backboard and then dunked it.

Anyways, still waiting for my easters from NDC. Says are scheduled for "early" delivery on thurs
grin.gif
. Kinda want to iD a pair but the 4-6 weeks thing is holding me back, plus I hope they have a solid upper option coming soon cause that black/purple sole PE is too
pimp.gif
to not try and replicate.

Placed an order on march 31st.. 2 min after Flyers97 posted the DSG link. I got size 12 and never received any back-order email. I just got my shipping information yesterday and my Kobe easter is coming from Ontario CA. ill be getting them in 2 days according to the tracking.:smokin

Last edited:
Placed an order on march 31st.. 2 min after Flyers97 posted the DSG link. I got size 12 and never received any back-order email. I just got my shipping information yesterday and my Kobe easter is coming from Ontario CA. ill be getting them in 2 days according to the tracking.
smokin.gif
I also got it not long after the link was posted. Ordered a size 12 too...

I recently sold off about 90% off my collection as I get ready for the next stages in my life this year but today, my gf surprised me with these:

Can't complain! 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom