OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VII THREAD (ELITE $200!: CounterKicks.com)

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

BronLe wrote

Bro, almost every Kobe has been Hyperdunk based...stay in the LBJ thread

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DFABIX

I think with all these "passers" I'll probably at least get a few pairs.....
I woke up OLD the other day and realized, I need a lot more protection and wrapping around my whole body than ever before....
these ankle thingamajigs are perfect for an old man like me.

Whassup' old fella'! Being one myself, I can say that the wraps do lock in heat, keeping the ankles warm, but they offer no protection whatsoever. The shoe itself is cool, a little clunkier than last years model, but the top laces come up to the point of a low/mid shoe, instead of the quarter highs that are being passed off as hightops today, or the really low lows that are considered oxfords. My ankles felt secure in spite of the ankle wrap, as I said, does nothing in regard to support. The wrap slides and shifts a bit as you are running, and the material can cut off circulation at the foot at times. However, I did experience some slipping from forward to back, with my toes jamming in the toebox. If you are looking for more ankle support, just get the 140 version, then get a real ankle brace like the Adidas speed wrap. The removable insole was probably inspired by Kobe wearing orthotics these days, as I was told that he is by someone from another site. As you know, you have to take out the insole, in order to fit a custom orthotic inside a shoe. If you do not, the orthotic will be sit on top of the insole, placing the shoe a bit too high off the ground, making it tippy, taking the foot too far out of neutral, which can lead to ankle inversion/eversions, also leading to lower back and knee issues.

I think, but I am not too sure, that this may be the reason that Kobe kept spraining is ankles last year, if he was indeed wearing an orthotic in the VI.

Good luck Old fella'!

Originally Posted by DFABIX

I think with all these "passers" I'll probably at least get a few pairs.....
I woke up OLD the other day and realized, I need a lot more protection and wrapping around my whole body than ever before....
these ankle thingamajigs are perfect for an old man like me.

Whassup' old fella'! Being one myself, I can say that the wraps do lock in heat, keeping the ankles warm, but they offer no protection whatsoever. The shoe itself is cool, a little clunkier than last years model, but the top laces come up to the point of a low/mid shoe, instead of the quarter highs that are being passed off as hightops today, or the really low lows that are considered oxfords. My ankles felt secure in spite of the ankle wrap, as I said, does nothing in regard to support. The wrap slides and shifts a bit as you are running, and the material can cut off circulation at the foot at times. However, I did experience some slipping from forward to back, with my toes jamming in the toebox. If you are looking for more ankle support, just get the 140 version, then get a real ankle brace like the Adidas speed wrap. The removable insole was probably inspired by Kobe wearing orthotics these days, as I was told that he is by someone from another site. As you know, you have to take out the insole, in order to fit a custom orthotic inside a shoe. If you do not, the orthotic will be sit on top of the insole, placing the shoe a bit too high off the ground, making it tippy, taking the foot too far out of neutral, which can lead to ankle inversion/eversions, also leading to lower back and knee issues.

I think, but I am not too sure, that this may be the reason that Kobe kept spraining is ankles last year, if he was indeed wearing an orthotic in the VI.

Good luck Old fella'!

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

Originally Posted by In Transit

DFABIX wrote:
 Whassup' old fella'! Being one myself...

This explains everything 
laugh.gif

That is not an insult you know, especially around here, considering how thirsty some are, btw... hey fella, see'em now?

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

^
at this point, nothing can really be confirmed apart from the price, RD and colorways.
and even those can still change.

and we haven't seen the $200 shoe yet.

kobe-vii-supreme-13.jpg
Where are all the quote mongers now?

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

Originally Posted by In Transit

DFABIX wrote:
 Whassup' old fella'! Being one myself...

This explains everything 
laugh.gif

That is not an insult you know, especially around here, considering how thirsty some are, btw... hey fella, see'em now?

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

^
at this point, nothing can really be confirmed apart from the price, RD and colorways.
and even those can still change.

and we haven't seen the $200 shoe yet.

kobe-vii-supreme-13.jpg
Where are all the quote mongers now?

here I just grabbed these so you to not have to search for them

here I just grabbed these so you to not have to search for them

looks like kickz lab used a sz 12 or 13 kobe 7 in those pics
and they should of took some pics with the del sols

looks like kickz lab used a sz 12 or 13 kobe 7 in those pics
and they should of took some pics with the del sols

Back
Top Bottom