OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VII THREAD (ELITE $200!: CounterKicks.com)

initial impression c/o gdiemaster (youtube.com/jefferrrson) of SO.LE.COLLEC.TOR , dude is legit.

Originally Posted by gdiemaster

Well here goes my first impression on the Del Sol Kobe VII Supreme edition $180.

First off, the box is clean as fk. The shoes are separated from the Play fast midsoles that contain the Zoom Air set up in them. Zoom Air in the heel and full zoom air in the forefoot. The other insole (one with the ankle strap) is already attached to the shoe so I tried it on. And honestly, it felt awesome. As soon as I put my foot in and strapped the velcro, it compressed around my ankle (kinda like Compression shorts or a shooting sleeve). It didn't act nor did it feel like an ankle brace. So for those who are concerned about it giving you "more support" or if it convinces you about it being a mid top, no. It is still a low top shoe.

What I love about the ankle strap is that it compresses around your ankle giving you a unique feel that I never felt before. It hugs your foot tight onto the shoe giving you a sense of confidence in your ankles while playing. Transition also felt very nice. Although I expected the ankle strap bootie to have an air max set up, it didn't have one (Maybe the Elite version will have Air Max). Now moving onto the Play Fast midsole.

CHANGING the insole/midsoles are a PAIN!!! It was so tough to interchange them. But once I did, put it on, and it felt pretty good. Not so good as the Play Strong ones though which I assume is made out of some foam base material. But again, i just quickly tried them on so I can only say too much.

I don't believe that there will be any problems with the midsoles sliding around the shoe because of how tough it takes to remove them. It was a different story with me and the Air Jordan 2011's... it was easy to remove those. But the Kobe 7's are pretty difficult to remove which is a good thing for those who are worried about the midsoles not being stable when playing in them.

Weight was great and doesn't seem to much heavier than the 6's. Lockdown was really great. It felt like the 4's to me. The padding around the ankles seems to be more fuller which reminds me of the Kobe 5's, but again it's too early to tell.

Overall though, it was a great first impression for me. Coming from a hardcore Kobe 4 fan or Kobe fan in general, these are almost as good if not better, than the 5's. Instantly kills the 6 imo. Gotta try them on the court to see if they'll be as good as the 4. All in all, i'll be coppin for sure!

initial impression c/o gdiemaster (youtube.com/jefferrrson) of SO.LE.COLLEC.TOR , dude is legit.

Originally Posted by gdiemaster

Well here goes my first impression on the Del Sol Kobe VII Supreme edition $180.

First off, the box is clean as fk. The shoes are separated from the Play fast midsoles that contain the Zoom Air set up in them. Zoom Air in the heel and full zoom air in the forefoot. The other insole (one with the ankle strap) is already attached to the shoe so I tried it on. And honestly, it felt awesome. As soon as I put my foot in and strapped the velcro, it compressed around my ankle (kinda like Compression shorts or a shooting sleeve). It didn't act nor did it feel like an ankle brace. So for those who are concerned about it giving you "more support" or if it convinces you about it being a mid top, no. It is still a low top shoe.

What I love about the ankle strap is that it compresses around your ankle giving you a unique feel that I never felt before. It hugs your foot tight onto the shoe giving you a sense of confidence in your ankles while playing. Transition also felt very nice. Although I expected the ankle strap bootie to have an air max set up, it didn't have one (Maybe the Elite version will have Air Max). Now moving onto the Play Fast midsole.

CHANGING the insole/midsoles are a PAIN!!! It was so tough to interchange them. But once I did, put it on, and it felt pretty good. Not so good as the Play Strong ones though which I assume is made out of some foam base material. But again, i just quickly tried them on so I can only say too much.

I don't believe that there will be any problems with the midsoles sliding around the shoe because of how tough it takes to remove them. It was a different story with me and the Air Jordan 2011's... it was easy to remove those. But the Kobe 7's are pretty difficult to remove which is a good thing for those who are worried about the midsoles not being stable when playing in them.

Weight was great and doesn't seem to much heavier than the 6's. Lockdown was really great. It felt like the 4's to me. The padding around the ankles seems to be more fuller which reminds me of the Kobe 5's, but again it's too early to tell.

Overall though, it was a great first impression for me. Coming from a hardcore Kobe 4 fan or Kobe fan in general, these are almost as good if not better, than the 5's. Instantly kills the 6 imo. Gotta try them on the court to see if they'll be as good as the 4. All in all, i'll be coppin for sure!

Random thought, but a Year of the Dragon themed China colorway on the Kobe VII would be pretty dope. Can already see them putting a dragon on the heel like the other Predator pack shoes
laugh.gif

Random thought, but a Year of the Dragon themed China colorway on the Kobe VII would be pretty dope. Can already see them putting a dragon on the heel like the other Predator pack shoes
laugh.gif

Being on NT for almost 10 years you think I should have been posting here when I got my wear test sample...Oh well. I don;t wanna get in trouble with Nike, so i let it go. but anyway gdiemaster is dead on. I had a play fast sample. It wasn't until pics started popping up on blogs that I realized that the insole was even removable. That blew my mind. (Anyone realize that they have been messing with the removable bootie concept from the Zoom Kobe V samples, google pics!)
The insole is a pain to get out, but on the plus side it does lock your foot in there crazy. While I hade an all blacked out sample, the color blocking on there do make them look better, but for casual wear, I dont think it gets better than the Kobe VI. If you play in them the creasing is kinda crazy. It's not a rubber upper ribbing on the shoes, something harders but still flexible, but after playing, they just dont look pretty anymore.

Being on NT for almost 10 years you think I should have been posting here when I got my wear test sample...Oh well. I don;t wanna get in trouble with Nike, so i let it go. but anyway gdiemaster is dead on. I had a play fast sample. It wasn't until pics started popping up on blogs that I realized that the insole was even removable. That blew my mind. (Anyone realize that they have been messing with the removable bootie concept from the Zoom Kobe V samples, google pics!)
The insole is a pain to get out, but on the plus side it does lock your foot in there crazy. While I hade an all blacked out sample, the color blocking on there do make them look better, but for casual wear, I dont think it gets better than the Kobe VI. If you play in them the creasing is kinda crazy. It's not a rubber upper ribbing on the shoes, something harders but still flexible, but after playing, they just dont look pretty anymore.

i just dont understand why people liked the V better than the IV or the VI...both of the shoes out-perform them imo....i guess that's why we are all different.

i just dont understand why people liked the V better than the IV or the VI...both of the shoes out-perform them imo....i guess that's why we are all different.

I think in order to remove the insoles with ease is to remove the laces so you can stretch out the sides. I wouldn't be switching out the insoles too much so that's not a drawback. No comment on the creasing
wink.gif

I think in order to remove the insoles with ease is to remove the laces so you can stretch out the sides. I wouldn't be switching out the insoles too much so that's not a drawback. No comment on the creasing
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom