OFFICIAL PBA THREAD

^Mike Cortez and Willy Wilson should transfer to Talk N Text as well... :tongue:
tongue.gif

^haha they wont let go of mike hahaha.
Selling my DS Blackcats sz 10 (In-store condition) plus red laces for cheap. PM me! Philippine buyers only.

if willy and mike transfer to talk n text and if they have a match against the red bull barako..it'll be a la salle -ateneo rivalry.

^Mike is UNTRADABLE hahaha

alaska all the way!!!

they have the best looking fans!!! (pansin ko lang) kaso mukhang bumabawas kasi bumabawas na din mga fil-am e haha :lol:
laugh.gif

Selling my DS Blackcats sz 10 (In-store condition) plus red laces for cheap. PM me! Philippine buyers only.

He works in the front office of a PBA club as team manager. He has his own shooting academy where he teaches kids how to stroke from the outside. He goes all over the country on goodwill tours to promote San Miguel Corp. products. He stays in condition by playing for the San Miguel All-Stars in exhibition games and whacking shuttlecocks in badminton. He spends quality time with his wife Milotte and their two daughtersMariel Clarisse (Marisse), 14, and Marla Celina (Inah), 12. He is endorsing his personal merchandise, brandishing the "Triggerman" logoa signature shoe and a ball are the first in the market, later to be followed by apparel and accessories. He is in the final stages of editing a book on his life, to be launched tentatively on his birthday on June 15 when he turns 43. And he continues to enjoy the adulation of his legion of fans.

---

As for the "Triggerman" shoe, Caidic said it will soon be out in the market. He worked with Accel designers to develop a shoe that befits a shooter of his caliber. The shoe is marked AC-8 (Allan Caidic No. 8) and has a logo showing his silhouette elevating for a jumper. A signature ball is also in the works and an apparel line will be introduced later.

Taken from:
Caidic busy as ever
SPORTING CHANCE By Joaquin M. Henson
The Philippine Star 05/11/2006

[size=+2]

sapatos yan, hindi trophy

[/size]

^thanks for the info...........

ACCEL DESIGNERS PLEASE STEP UP YOUR GAME. I dont want anymore of those "FIREBRANDS"... unless you want to remain a joke..i dunno what's up with you.. im sure you have great designers but dang it...take it higher please..

i hope accel reads that...sayang eh...

anyone here balled in an accel? feedback naman.

anyone watch the game last night? eugene tejada got injured..and it looks bad..i hope he'll recover from that..

^sabi nga he was paralyzed from the waist down..

sayang kung kailan maganda career nya e...

ok lang winner pa rin sa girlfriend! hehe

i heard on tv patrol he was paralyzed from the neck down.is t true?
yeah he has a beautiful gf in jenny hernandez but if ur paralyzed waist down then whats the point? :\
ohwell.gif
|I
tired.gif

^hahaha yeah...well if jenny's really good enough i dont think he will be paralyzed for long

parang tj ford ata yung nangyari. spinal cord injury.

pinakita yung video umiiyak kasi he cant feel anything.
love is taking the air less travelled.

sobrang hirap gamutin ang SCI, it depends din kung anung level ng vertebra ang na dislocate, pag mataas, like C4 or C3, problema na yan sa paghinga, had a patient before, conplete dislocation ng C4, namatay din, hope that he recovers and it isn't as serious as i think it is

anyone here remembers romy dela rosa? the dude who wears the hottest kicks in the PBA even before they drop in the US? i remember him wearing foamposite ones and some hot AJs back in the day...

yung malakas mag dunk.... may kapatid yun na player din dba

Romy de la Rosa was a very good defender and a great compliment to Benjie Paras and Ronnie Magsanoc. His brother Ruben was the one who loved to dunk.

as long as i can remember, patre (alvin patrimonio) was always rockin' jays every single game. well, at least every single game that i've watched him. i can clearly remember watching him rockin' aj xi to xvii. when i saw him rockin' the croc xvii, i knew i had to get one of those.

dunno if this is an appropriate post here but who was the guy in the MBA who had the monicker "the flying carpet"? i think he's from batangas blades b4.

PBA all-time All-Star wars
THE GAME OF MY LIFE By Bill Velasco
The Philippine Star 05/29/2006

The assignment was easy enough: Manual magazine wanted to know what would happen if they put together two teams of PBA All-Stars from different eras and had them play against each other. Writer Jinno Rufino polled some of the more senior (read: older) colleagues in the sportswriting profession, to add some historical perspective to the story.

For purposes of narrowing the focus, an editorial decision was made. Who would make the roster of greats from 1985 to 1995, and how would they do against a team of players from 1996 to 2006.Admittedly, this would leave out a whole generation of pros, particularly veterans of the Crispa-Toyota era. but then, young people were writing the story, and they were hard-pressed to do the pioneers justice for now.

After weeks of deliberation and indecision, the line-ups were - for better or worse - complete. Assuming all players would be plucked out of history in their prime (sounds like it would make a great video game, doesnt it?) the starters for the 85 to 95 squad would be Hector Calma (point guard), Samboy Lim (shooting guard), Allan Caidic (small forward), Alvin Patrimonio (power forward), Benjie Paras (center). Coming off the bench would be Ronnie Magsanoc, Ricardo Brown, Jojo Lastimosa, Jun Limpot and Mon Fernandez. For the current players, it would be Johnny Abarrientos at the point, Renren Ritualo as shooting guard, Danny Seigle at small forward, Eric Menk at power forward, and Asi Taulava at center. Their back-up would be Olsen Racela, Kenneth Duremdes, Vergel Meneses, Danny Ildefonso and Enrico Villanueva.

Before you raise your eyebrows, remember that this is hypothetical, and was also influenced by the availability of some players for interviews and pictorials for the July issue of Manual. At any rate, all those interviewed found themselves grateful to even be mentioned.

"I fell very blessed that they recognized our contribution to the sport," admits four-time Most Valuable Player Alvin Patrimonio, now the team manager of Purefoods, the team he spent his entire eighteen-year career with.

"Samboy was the hardest-working of all," recalls Hector Calma, who was the Skywalkers teammate for almost his entire career. "He would be there an hour before practice, working on his game. And he would also be the last to leave the gym."

"Even when he was a rookie with Presto, Allan Caidic was already a mature player," says Benjie Paras, whose Shell teams would get into high-scoring duels with Presto in the early 1990s. "He would use more of his experience to get his way."

"Anything you want, offense or defense, you could depend on Major Pain," Johnny Abarrientos says of Eric Menk. Abarrientos was picked for the "younger" squad because he won his MVP award in 1996.

"Johnny, in my first year in the PBA, he was just amazing," gushes Danny Seigle. "Hes different from Olsen (Racela). He has the ability to score. When theyd play in the States, they couldnt press him; he was that quick."

"Danny Seigle is pretty much a legend," smiles Eric Menk. "Hes won six championships, and hes done it all with great scoring."

The old-timers also muse how the game has changed since they played it.

"The games before were high-scoring, entertaining, run-and-gun," remembers Samboy, who only made the PBA Mythical Second Team twice because of frequent injuries. "Now, there are more set plays. The training now is different, and they have more equipment to help them."

One consensus, though, is how shooting has become somewhat of a lost art. Even as early as his last Philippine team, one of the first things coach Ron Jacobs noticed was that "I didnt see any Caidics." True enough, active players have yet to beat th retired PBA players in the All-Star Weekend three-point shootout.

"The focus of kids today is the NBA," the Triggerman explains. "Most of what youll see in the NBA is one-on-one players, fancy moves, dunks. So thats what kids today look at. Not like in our time, there was Julius Erving, Larry Bird, even Magic Johnson had good shooting. Thats what I see, youngsters focus more on one-on-one."

Naturally, we asked the players who would win. The youngsters felt very confident, albeit cautious.

"What probably stands out is that were a little bigger," says Eric Menk. "But those guys from 1985-95, those guys accomplished a lot in their careers. Were just making some progress. It would be a good game."

"It would be a nice game," Calma says. "Wed give them a good fight."

"You cant compare," says Lim, ever the diplomat. "The times were different. Then, we excelled. Now, theyre the ones. I couldnt say."

"The players now are more careful, honestly," Benjie Paras says candidly. "Not like when we played. Now, I can say that theyve become afraid, not like during our time. When we played against the batches ahead of us. When you played, youd really get scared that you could get hurt."

"I think my size would be my advantage," Seigle laughs. "Yeah, Id just back my man down."

"I beg to disagree," chuckles Caidic. "Lets see. Kidding aside. The young guys are strong. But basketball is not just power and strength. We have the balance. If ever, it would be a great game."

"Its going to be a competitive game," admits Paras. "But if you ask me, well win that match."
===

How about you guys, whom do you think would win? Imo, it will be the the oldies with either Caidic hitting the winning 3 or El Presidente hitting a buzzer beating Elegant Shot to win it.
happy.gif

[size=+2]

sapatos yan, hindi trophy

[/size]

Back
Top Bottom