Official Seattle Mariners 2009 Season Thread Vol. Season Over

what a game. that game tired ME out...
laugh.gif

Even tho it's a win, it still doesn't feel good. Great pitching tonight tho, but my oh my can we get more than 2 runs in 21 innings? Well okay if itwasn't extra innings more runs would've scored off of Lopez's double but still.

damn, bases loaded and no outs, you better score! We had chances early in the game (both times 1 out, runner on 3rd) and both times ended in a K. NEVER a goodsign.

Oh well, a win's a win. Gotta take em one at a time.

During Jr.s AB, Niehaus did his "Swung on and belted deep to right field... and that will......... be CAUGHT!"...
laugh.gif
just cruel...

But this was a great scene...
d8644863e50dd372a3d6f7cfe7b138da-getty-85042044og010.jpg
ad0538e0488f380f53825e442c5f9fc5-getty-85042044og011.jpg

Both teams are very similar... but how come we never get these (recently anyway) 2-out, bases clearing hits???
frown.gif

Agreed about the team overhaul. Man, when I was watching SC last night and saw Griffey up to bat... they way they hyped that up and when he hit it... only tobe caught, I thought we had lost the game. Then we won
eek.gif

Anyways, yes, we need to build up a good farm system and trade these bums we have.

If only it were Randy vs JR
frown.gif

I wonder at what point are they gonna pull a "Richie Sexson" on those guys...

Anyway, today's lineup... Jr. vs. a lefty? Yuni in the 2 hole? Beltre getting "protection" from Jr. again??? Interesting to say the least.

Ichiro RF
Yuniesky Betancourt SS
Adrian Beltre 3B
Ken Griffey Jr. DH
Russ Branyan 1B
Jose Lopez 2B
Wladimir Balentien LF
Rob Johnson C
Franklin Gutierrez CF

616 baby!

EDIT ~ Damn, guy on 3rd, less than 2 outs... gotta get him in...
smh.gif

EDIT 2 ~ Yuni with 2 walks in 2 AB's!!! Wak, this man is a genius!

Great game from Felix, but enough is enough we need to start rethinking our offense. Griffey is finally stepping it up but we need more from everyone else.

Originally Posted by Rukawa sj

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Originally Posted by finnns2003

laugh.gif
roll.gif
ichiro didn't know that was 3 outs.

"Kangaroo Court" fine right there... Lol...
laugh.gif
of course junior gave him #^@& about it
Junior's hilarious...
roll.gif

I'm late, but I just came across this...
tongue.gif
From Jim Street'sMLB Blog.

Ichiro gets some good-natured ribbing for miscount

The players' next Kangeroo Court undoubtedly will include a "substantial" fine for right fielder Ichiro Suzuki.

The fun-loving session, directed by "Judge Mo Money" (Ken Griffey Jr.), cites players for all kinds of "infractions" on and off the field and the cash register rang a few times on Wednesday night when Ichiro lost track of the number of outs in the fourth inning of the 1-0 victory over the Angels.

Ichiro ran a long way to catch up with a foul popup hit by Angels Howie Kendrick with the bases loaded.

Making sure the runner at third base did not tag up and try to score the tying run, Ichiro made the catch, quickly transferred the ball to his throwing hand and was ready to throw to the plate -- when he finally realized that he actually caught the third out.

He sheepishly grinned and tossed the ball into the crowd, giving someone a souvenir.
He returned to the dugout, a little embarrassed, to say the least.

"The joke was, 'In Japan they play four outs (in an inning)," manager Don Wakamatsu said. "(Carlos) Silva actually came up and gave (Ichiro) a kiss on the cheek. Just to see a guy of that stature have a little snafu like that was refreshing for the rest of us."

But just wait until Griffey gets a gavel in his hand and presides over the next court session.

Nothing is going right... Jr. connected on a ball, sending it deep to center... Had he hit it to either left or right field, it could have easily been aline-drive homer... Beltre also had a solid hit deep to right-center, only to have that A's outfielder make an outstanding leaping catch. Meanwhile, theA's were able to get reach-bloopers that dropped in no-man's-land...

Back
Top Bottom