:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by FPSee

cracking would only be the problem. yeah, i seen some shoes actually falling apart, like midsole off the whole entire shoe. there's some defects out there, but cracking is the most common problem for everybody
Sorry this is probably hella annoying but I dont get what you said lol.

I guess what I was tryin to say was; Can i continue to wear the shoes and just ignore the cracks or do i have to worry about wearing them too much and havingthe soles crumble to the point where the shoe is no longer wearable?

hey whats the best way to restore these?
heres a pic.
atvg53.jpg

I HAVE NEVER HAD A QUESTION ABOUT A SHOE THANK GOD BUT I JUST WANT TO SAY GOOD LOOKIN OUT TO THENT'LKERS THAT ARE CONSTANTLY CONTRIBUTING AND HELPING....ITS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED....!!!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

So if im confused on the best way to store shoes with clear soles. I wear my 5's and other shoes with clear soles than clean the bottom and then I use tothrow them in ziploc bags and then throw silica packets in the box, but i dont want the midsoles to crack so whats the best way i can keep the soles clear andstill wear them and store them?

im sure this has been asked tons of times but what is the best way for me to clean the upper mesh ona pairof concord xi's .......i havent worn mine inclose to 2yrs and i went to take them out the box the other day to find that the uppers look kinda yellowed ina few spot what would be the best way for me toget them back nice and cripsy white???...i tried to scrub them wit a plain bar of white soap and a tooth brush which worked a lil.....just curuous if theres abetter way to get them back to white

hey FPsee i dont know if you understood my question or not but it was stuffing the shoe with newspaper and leaving it in the box for a lil while not whilewearing it. If you have the same answer as what you said on the last page then thanks for the answer.

How do I unashy my 8s (Playoffs and Aquas)? They have creases in them but I don't really care about that.

The tongue on my CDP IX's are dirty. Mostly specks of dirt leaving stains.
How can I clean this kind of material?
What cleaning product should I use?
What steps do I take?
Sorry for the questions, just dont want to constantly post.

Originally Posted by imafiend4sneakers

my 2000 olym 6 toes are yellowed.. any help on how to get them white again
I have never used Seaglow, but the product works. Google it and a site comes up, where you can purchase it. Or you could try the supermarket.

hey i just bought some infrared vi's of ebay, thier OG and i was wondering what I should do because thier is major cracking on the midsole, can i paintthat? and are they gonna be wearable? and thier not DS they've been worn multiple times

Is it a good idea to restore the I's?. Is it okay to paint them to the OG color. If its okay what kind of paint do you rec.? Will it decrease the valueif u paint them?

i bought the cdp 5/18 on release and kept them ds..i break em out tonight to look at them and the bottoms look yellowed the whole shoe was icy but sittin inthe box it musta developed a tint

has this happened to anyone else yet ?
if so, how should clear bottoms be stored to keep them icy?

gracias NT

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

some citrus 7s i have are ashy...how do i fix that? would post pics but my camara sucks
im guessing there is lint on them?

lint roller.

Originally Posted by illmabus3666

What are the odds of a pair of DS OG Jordan X's falling apart if worn?
Also would it be safe to wear some DS Retro XI Concords??

yes, same answer i gave him.

Originally Posted by hoardinjordANZ

i bought the cdp 5/18 on release and kept them ds..i break em out tonight to look at them and the bottoms look yellowed the whole shoe was icy but sittin in the box it musta developed a tint

has this happened to anyone else yet ?
if so, how should clear bottoms be stored to keep them icy?

gracias NT

i never bought any packages yet.
glasses.gif

but try to keep them out of heat and sunlight.
if you really are scared to have them yellow and further, put them in a ziplock bag.

Originally Posted by w3stchicago

Is it a good idea to restore the I's?. Is it okay to paint them to the OG color. If its okay what kind of paint do you rec.? Will it decrease the value if u paint them?
depends if you feel the need to restore them.
what else color would you paint them?
Angelus Leather Paint.
Depends on how good a job you did. People don't know how you restored the shoe, so they will have a doubt in their mind that it'll end up as a %%#%#*restore job. people rather buy them before it was restored.

Originally Posted by ElvenWarrior

hey i just bought some infrared vi's of ebay, thier OG and i was wondering what I should do because thier is major cracking on the midsole, can i paint that? and are they gonna be wearable? and thier not DS they've been worn multiple times

you can paint it, but if your going to wear it, the paint will end up cracking anyways.
im not sure if its wearable beacause i can't see it first hand but it all depends on how bad the cracking is on the midsole.

Originally Posted by bims92

The tongue on my CDP IX's are dirty. Mostly specks of dirt leaving stains.
How can I clean this kind of material?
What cleaning product should I use?
What steps do I take?
Sorry for the questions, just dont want to constantly post.
RIT or bar keepers friend (can be bought in at a local grocery store at the laundry section)
steps should be on the package.

Originally Posted by imafiend4sneakers

my 2000 olym vi toe is yellowed...what would be a good way to get it white again??
isnt olympic VIs toebox blue?

Originally Posted by urban turban 18

whats the best way to clean off dirt from canvas?
no clue what you are talking about.

What are the odds of a pair of DS OG Jordan X's falling apart if worn?
if its stored normally (in a box, without heat or light hitting it) you should be good.

Originally Posted by JRAdagreat72

can the sea glow work on 1s 4s and 8s??
nope. none of those have clear synthetic rubber.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

How do I unashy my 8s (Playoffs and Aquas)? They have creases in them but I don't really care about that.

unashy? as in, clearing the lint on your nubuck/suede?
lint roller.

Originally Posted by xbiker47

hey FPsee i dont know if you understood my question or not but it was stuffing the shoe with newspaper and leaving it in the box for a lil while not while wearing it. If you have the same answer as what you said on the last page then thanks for the answer.
same answer, haha.

Originally Posted by professafinessa

im sure this has been asked tons of times but what is the best way for me to clean the upper mesh ona pairof concord xi's .......i havent worn mine in close to 2yrs and i went to take them out the box the other day to find that the uppers look kinda yellowed ina few spot what would be the best way for me to get them back nice and cripsy white???...i tried to scrub them wit a plain bar of white soap and a tooth brush which worked a lil.....just curuous if theres a better way to get them back to white
people used bar keepers friend or RIT. both can be bought at a local grocery store in the laundry section.

Originally Posted by JordanFeind

So if im confused on the best way to store shoes with clear soles. I wear my 5's and other shoes with clear soles than clean the bottom and then I use to throw them in ziploc bags and then throw silica packets in the box, but i dont want the midsoles to crack so whats the best way i can keep the soles clear and still wear them and store them?
ziplock is the safest way.

Originally Posted by kmn2008

cracking would only be the problem. yeah, i seen some shoes actually falling apart, like midsole off the whole entire shoe. there's some defects out there, but cracking is the most common problem for everybody

I guess what I was tryin to say was; Can i continue to wear the shoes and just ignore the cracks or do i have to worry about wearing them too much and having the soles crumble to the point where the shoe is no longer wearable?

you can do it without the seaglow.

Originally Posted by kmn2008

I guess what I was tryin to say was; Can i continue to wear the shoes and just ignore the cracks or do i have to worry about wearing them too much and having the soles crumble to the point where the shoe is no longer wearable?

its alright, dont trip.
but you can keep wearing them even though its cracked. all it is, is cracked paint. unless your shoe has been through hell. other than that. you should be fine

Back
Top Bottom