:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

bout to start another project soon. Anyone know if retrobright is still affective in the winter?

Last edited:
Just check the uv range for your zip code on weather.com. Winter has nothing to do with it. It can be completely cloudy if the uv ray is high you'll still get results.

Just a heads up, sneaker shields will feel really uncomfortable (almost unbearable for extended wear).

Take a look at guides in how to cut them. Here is one.
I have been using sneaker shield for 2-3 years now and does not bother me , i only use it on some models like the 5's and 11's . I don't use it on my tts sizes, i used force fields for it.!if i have .5 size up i use sneaker shields... I cut it to my comfort.. I don't follow the how to cut guide. Every foot/feet is different..

Hello,

I just recently started buying Jordans I had as a kid.  Can anyone tell me the proper way to store them so they will not yellow?

There is a lot to digest in this thread and some conflicting thoughts so for a new guy its very tough to follow. 

Any particular way to keep the shoes in the box? or anything like that.

I am primarily concerned with preventing the shoes form yellowing and proper safekeeping in the boxes.

Thanks 

Depends on the shoes and materials to be honest. Could be temperature, moisture, lighting, ect. I moved all my pairs to plastic bins, away from the paper that comes in the boxes because that has been said to be harmful due to acids used in the paper

Hello,

I just recently started buying Jordans I had as a kid.  Can anyone tell me the proper way to store them so they will not yellow?

There is a lot to digest in this thread and some conflicting thoughts so for a new guy its very tough to follow. 

Any particular way to keep the shoes in the box? or anything like that.

I am primarily concerned with preventing the shoes form yellowing and proper safekeeping in the boxes.

Thanks 
Welcome to the game, first thing you need to learn is the Niketalk Search Button/engine. 80-90% of your question will be answered.

To answer your question.. Store them in OG box with no paper.

Does anybody know how to whiten the mesh on the Concords? I pulled mine out last night and the mesh was already starting to turn yellowish-brown. They're DS, too... :smh:

Does anybody know how to whiten the mesh on the Concords? I pulled mine out last night and the mesh was already starting to turn yellowish-brown. They're DS, too... :smh:
Look a few pages back there's been at least 3 different people explaining it

Bought these last year DS and still have yet to wear them, but the soles of course dis colored (not yellowed) more of a cloudy tint compared to OG Concords yellowing, my major flaw on these sneaks by the mesh area they are not "bright white" does it look all that bad? Any quick fix so I can wear them this summer?

How do I get rid of the bump I'm feeling in the insole of the shoe? I think leaving the shoe paper in the shoe for too long caused the bubble.

How do I get rid of the bump I'm feeling in the insole of the shoe? I think leaving the shoe paper in the shoe for too long caused the bubble.
i dont know what bump you are referring to but i doubt it was caused by the paper, have you tried to take out the insole to investigate under it, maybe a factory flaw is in there and you can fix it yourself. take a look.

It's a deadstock pair. Jordan Brand quality issues messed up the carbon fiber. The carbon fiber has a glossary finish. Thanks for your response. 
I remembered couple months ago, there is a video on youtube about fixing the carbon fiber, was not too sure if it was for that situation.. Search on youtube.

I recently got lucky and found a DS pair of Tech Challenge II Lavas in my size.

However, they will be coming with a minor chip on the midsole.

Thinking about applying a layer of white angelus acrylic paint over it with a Q-tip.

Any second opinions or personal experiences?  

I recently got lucky and found a DS pair of Tech Challenge II Lavas in my size.

However, they will be coming with a minor chip on the midsole.

Thinking about applying a layer of white angelus acrylic paint over it with a Q-tip.

Any second opinions or personal experiences?  
Go for it bro haha its white on white so it will blend in and I doubt anyone would be able to tell.. I repainted my Bulls cw with white and it looked brand new

Go for it bro haha its white on white so it will blend in and I doubt anyone would be able to tell.. I repainted my Bulls cw with white and it looked brand new
Thanks. I'm concerned with different shades of white (paint uneveniness, paint strokes) and also is there any primer that I need to use after the 1st coat?

Lol just rock them man it's a chip that's probably gonna happen after a few wears anyway
You bring up a good point. I guess I'm on the OCD side when it comes to maintaining my shoes.

I hope it doesn't chip that quickly! 
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom